Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Interesting League Formats

STUDque

For those that play in leagues, I'm interested to see what other types of formats are out there?

The league I play in has 7 teams of 15 golfers. Each week the matchup will send out 4-6 golfers each that'll play 1v1 matches. The matches are stroke play and match play simultaneously and are adjusted to handicaps for a possible win of 2 points. Then the overall team/stroke scores count for a bonus of 4 points. Top 6 teams make playoffs and the champions get a personal plaque and a team trophy about as big as the Stanley Cup (20 years worth of team names engraved). It's all pretty good natured throughout the season since most guys work together but the playoffs get pretty intense.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

My company has about 30 teams of 12 players divided into 2 leagues.  Season is 9 holes of  6 vs 6 handicapped stroke play.  Top 8 teams from each league go to the payoffs.   Playoffs are 9 holes of 12 vs 12 stroke play.   Final 2 teams play 18 holes of 12 on 12 stroke play during the end of the year members tournament.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

My company has about 30 teams of 12 players divided into 2 leagues. Season is 9 holes of 6 vs 6 handicapped stroke play. Top 8 teams from each league go to the payoffs. Playoffs are 9 holes of 12 vs 12 stroke play. Final 2 teams play 18 holes of 12 on 12 stroke play during the end of the year members tournament.

Wow that's great to get such a large league. Are there prizes?

We have 2 leagues at my club.  There is a 9 hole Tues night league that I don't play in.  Then there is an 18 hole league on Wednesday's that I do play in.

There isn't any special format, just go play 18 any time on Wed to count towards league.  They will have some sort of event each week (only Par 5's, throw out a par 3, 4 & 5, beat the pro & GM, random team assignment, Pick a pro and your score plus theirs on Thurs etc) then we also have optional neary and skins games that pay out each week.

We also have a season long shootout event.  Pay $2 to try and qualify each week.  10 lowest net scores on the front 9 get in to the shootout (ties to get in settled in a putt off or chip off before the event)  Then we have 10 guys tee off on #1 and the high guy (net) is eliminated.  One guy drops on each hole until 2 guys are left on #9 playing for the whole pot.

We do an "opt in" year long singles and double match play as well.  Single elimination so my single run was quite short this season :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Wow that's great to get such a large league. Are there prizes?

When you have about 17000 employees,  it doesn't seem so big.   Yes there are prizes.  Winning team gets hats, trophies, and I think shirts.  During the member tournament, there are prizes for closest to pin on all par 3s,  4 long drive holes all with cash prizes.  Then there are raffles for cash and other merchandise.  League has been in existence for 25+ years.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm currently on hiatus from my favorite league ever because it moved to another course while it's normal one is under repair.

The format in that league is modified stableford with handicap. It's individual and flighted after about the 8th week with a re-flighting about 2/3 of the way through. You are effectively playing against your flight each week.

I learned the value of saving strokes in that league and won the A flight one year and finished with the lowest handicap in the league twice (1.2,1.3).

It's a great format on a fun albeit not overly difficult course.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm currently on hiatus from my favorite league ever because it moved to another course while it's normal one is under repair.

The format in that league is modified stableford with handicap. It's individual and flighted after about the 8th week with a re-flighting about 2/3 of the way through. You are effectively playing against your flight each week.

I learned the value of saving strokes in that league and won the A flight one year and finished with the lowest handicap in the league twice (1.2,1.3).

It's a great format on a fun albeit not overly difficult course.

I think the pressure of playing solo would be tough. How many golfers play?

Archived