Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
epsanche23

Taylormade TP5X vs Titleist 16' ProV1x Performance & Layers

Been gaming the Taylormade TP5X ball for about 2 months now and am really liking it a lot. Long off the tee with a good solid feel. Doesn't feel too hard and performs well.

Had been playing the 2016 ProV1x prior. We all know they feel great and green side control is amazing. Better than the Tp5x.

I wonder if the TP5 performs better on the greens.

Here's a look at the cores and inner layers of the two side by side. Pretty interesting.

TP5X vs PROV1X-1.jpg

TP5X vs PROV1X-3.jpg

• Like 4

The way Titleist did it this year I believe the 2017 Pro V1 is closer to the TP5x. Was a weird way to switch it

Yeah I thought the same thing. Odd strategy.

• Like 1

I'm fan of the TP5X. Like the feel off the irons and putter.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Really like their Spider putter a lot. It's between that and Odyssey O Works 2 Ball.

Really like their Spider putter a lot. It's between that and Odyssey O Works 2 Ball.

I'm had a few friends buy the Spider and have a lot of issues with it making the ball bounce. Seems the insert is very soft and grippy and doesn't like certain strokes.

• Like 1

What do you like about the TP5 over X?

I'd like to hear this as well for anyone who games the regular TP5 over the X

• Like 2

I'm had a few friends buy the Spider and have a lot of issues with it making the ball bounce. Seems the insert is very soft and grippy and doesn't like certain strokes.

My brother games it and he loves the feel. It feels really nice. Only odd thing, it doesn't  sit flush on the ground like a blade. The toe kicks outward and you need to manually hold it square. Same with the Evnroll E6. O Works 2 Ball and other Scotty's I've tried sit square. 

What do you like about the TP5 over X?

Lower flight driver to 6I and from 50 to 75 yards I can get to hop & stop.

The X just went to high.

• Like 3

Lower flight driver to 6I and from 50 to 75 yards I can get to hop & stop.

The X just went to high.

Definitely need to give them a go as the X's do not check up enough.

I'd like to hear this as well for anyone who games the regular TP5 over the X

I game the TP5 and honestly I love the soft top 3 covers the most. I have a relatively high swing speed (115) so you'd think the 5X would be for me. But I just like the softness and sound off the putter of the 5. It was a weird feeling having a different feeling with each group of clubs (putter, wedge, irons, drivers/woods) and once I got used to it I couldn't think of going back to the proV1.

Just a disclaimer. I'm a taylormade loyalist so my bias might be shine through here but they really have made a ball worth all the chatter it's getting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I game the TP5 and honestly I love the soft top 3 covers the most. I have a relatively high swing speed (115) so you'd think the 5X would be for me. But I just like the softness and sound off the putter of the 5. It was a weird feeling having a different feeling with each group of clubs (putter, wedge, irons, drivers/woods) and once I got used to it I couldn't think of going back to the proV1.

Just a disclaimer. I'm a taylormade loyalist so my bias might be shine through here but they really have made a ball worth all the chatter it's getting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I tried the TP5 yesterday and was sold after my round. I love the soft feel and the green side control over the X. In the bag!

• Like 1