poprocksncoke

Stephen Curry

Stephen Curry to play in the Web.com tour event in the Ellie Mae Classic.  

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/curry-ellie-mae-classic-20170628

Seems like people are split on their thoughts about this.  It has the opportunity to grow the game, Stephen has a lot of fans out there and is a pretty good golfer.  What do you think?

• Like 1

I don't understand exemptions, so not sure what info is correct. If he is taking a spot from a guy trying to make a living, I'm against it. I'm against it if in anyway his entrance could have an affect on a player making money. If his entrance has no affect, I'm all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I don't understand exemptions, so not sure what info is correct. If he is taking a spot from a guy trying to make a living, I'm against it. I'm against it if in anyway his entrance could have an affect on a player making money. If his entrance has no affect, I'm all for it.

I think the argument can be made that having a guy like Curry play in this tournament will create more money and opportunities for pro golfers in the long term

Also, this is a local tournament that benefits a charity run by the Warriors, his team. Lots of good tie ins here.

• Like 4

I think it's great. Could bring some new fans to the sport and he's a good golfer so he will hopefully do well. Hard to argue it's going to hurt to have him playing in it even if he does have a poor showing.

Not sure if anyone saw his Ferhety episode but he definitely has a passion for golf and it was a pretty good episode as well.

We went to a Champions Tour event at Sugarloaf in Atlanta a few weeks back. It had John Smotz, Tom Glavine, & Kevin Butler playing in it. It was cool to watch a couple of past Braves players and a Georgia Bulldogs kicker for a few holes. They had game too, especially Smotz!

I think it was Smoltz and Jerry Rice played in some Nationwide events, no?

I know John did however not sure about Jerry.

Micheal Jordan played baseball... golf is much better than baseball.

• Like 2

I'm all for it. Curry and his family get SO much publicity and they have such a huge following that I think this is the best exposure possible. What would make it better is if he ended up winning the event, now THAT I would love to see

• Like 1

My opinion is that it can only be good for the game. I do see the point of taking a spot of a pro. Curry playing can only help put golf in front of fans and kids that may not be exposed to what a great game it is. Getting the youth into and involved in the game is the future. Will be a great draw for the tournament and bring in extra money for the charity. Other than your die hard golf fan not many casual or new fans are going to web.com events. Will be interesting to see how he does.

• Like 2

Being a well known professional athlete this might --- will bring a huge crowd. I've read that he is an outstanding golfer. As everyone said, it can't hurt. And if he wins? Perfect!

• Like 1

I think it's a great PR move.

I think it's just unfair for the guys going out and trying to make a living. He already has an extremely high paying job. I mean, just stick to basketball. Instead, he's stealing the spotlight from the guys who actually deserve it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

It's a sponsor exemption, so they can invite anyone they want.  I'm sure he will be a big draw and great for the charity.  My question is Will he be playing as a pro or amateur?

When will Tony Romo make his debut?

• Like 2

It's a sponsor exemption, so they can invite anyone they want. I'm sure he will be a big draw and great for the charity. My question is Will he be playing as a pro or amateur?

When will Tony Romo make his debut?

I heard he will be playing as an amateur.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app