Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Stephen Curry

Be it the Web.com or the big show Tour, the attendance, and I assume sponsorship as well, depends on who will be playing.   When the Web.com tour was in the DC area, I was a committee chair and the attendance was disappointing.  I'm quite sure if a local celebrity was playing much like Steph, the attendance would have been greater.     Recently, I worked the Quicken Loans tournament.   I'm quite sure a good percentage of the fans were there to see Rickie Fowler.  If he had not been there, I'm rather certain that the attendance would have been less.   Quite often, people would ask me where is Rickie, my response was find and follow the crowd.

Okay, I admit it. He played pretty well yesterday. Whatever...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Seems like he held his own out there, so let him play get more people exposed to it

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

It was a great move to give Curry the sponsors exemption.  It would be nice to see more celebrities playing in web.com events like this but there aren't many who compete well enough to make a decent showing.  I think celebrities playing in these events are 0 for however many have played in making the cut.   Best of luck to Curry today

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It certainly is getting people interested, ESPN did a portion of SC on it. I think the move worked out for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I personally think it's awesome. From most of the feedback, the guys out there enjoyed the crowds and buzz he brought to the event. Gets them and the web.com tour some national exposure. He played respectable golf and brought some fun to an event no one would be paying attention to if he didn't play.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Archived