Our Sponsors

So to this point of moving forward to keep the pace of play.  I see one of the biggest areas of improvement be in the course designs.   If there are no fairways longer than 250 yds straight, players would be more worried about placement of their shot, players would reach their shot sooner and be able to play next.  Let the ball manufactures try to create a ball that can be driven a mile.  If there are no courses that would accommodate that distance, they would soon change developing of balls from distance to performance.  I also feel that course should charge more to players that want to play the "blacks" that cannot produce legitimate Handicaps that would warrant playing from there.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:titelist-small:                          980F 3 Wood

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

Upswing                   60* wedge

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I usually play the tips but if I'm trying to work on something specific in my game before I will definitely switch up the tees. Sometimes it will be whites to work on wedges and short irons into greens and other times it might be a box or 2 up and keeping the driver in the bag to work on different clubs off the tee or longer irons into greens. I will even occasionally play from the women's tees to practice shooting lower scores so I'm more mentally relaxed when I get to -4 or better.

• Like 1

Driver:  :honma: TR20 (7.5*) - Vizard FP-7X , 1" short & tipped 1", 9 gram weight in the back

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TS3 (14.25*) - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ White 80X, 2 extra grams of head weight

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

CURRENTLY TESTING THE HONMA TR20 DRIVER

I would prefer to shoot a 78 from a shorter set of tees than an 83 from longer tees. Playing to about 6200 yards is a sweet spot for me and anything above 6500 is way to long.

HardcoreLooper makes a great point about mixed tees. Unless you are reporting your score for handicap purposes playing mixed tees is a great idea. My wife usually tries to play about 6,000 yard courses but really struggles if par 4s are 400 yards or more. For any holes over that length she moves up a tee box.

Actually, you can post a round from mixed tees: https://www.usga.org/HandicapFAQ/handicap_answer.asp?FAQidx=14

My daughter found this because so many courses only rate the very forward tees for women.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Actually, you can post a round from mixed tees: https://www.usga.org/HandicapFAQ/handicap_answer.asp?FAQidx=14

My daughter found this because so many courses only rate the very forward tees for women.

Thanks for the information glad the USGA is supporting playing mixed tees.  I had no idea this existed.  

• Like 1

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Thanks for the information glad the USGA is supporting playing mixed tees.  I had no idea this existed.

I'm glad she found it. What I'd really like to see, however, is a rating for each hole for both men and women from each tee. It'd be cool to play a match play game where the winner of the last hole picks the tee box for the next.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Most of my play is in competitions, so I play from whatever is the designated tee of the day. My club has a significantly shorter set of tees, which a handful of older blokes play of. When the daily competition is Stroke of the back tees a few more move to the green tees. Probably more should play off them all the time.

If I'm playing a social or non competition round at a different course I'll usually pick the second longest set of tees. My last non competition round was at a course I'd never played before, and the second tees were playing around 6700 yards, the back tees were 7100. The strange part was I played the tough longer holes (430-450) significantly better than the easier holes.

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Our senior group and local course rule allows for seniors to move up to the green (senior) tees at age 70.  I'm one of the young bucks at 67 years old so my tee is the white or member tees.  Last Thursday I was the only one in my group teeing up from the white tees and we have seven holes where the old guys get a significant break in how hard those holes play.  Three more of the holes they get a smaller break but never the less it helps with better approach shots. Our course is a par 71 with three par fives which gives us some long par fours.  We have four guys out of twelve who are under 70 that will play the member tees for a few more years.   You do have a choice to move up to the senior tees however you can't get in the money games.  Those old birds raise hell if you try to move up.   I remember one time time I moved up to the senior tees at a local course we had to play due to a tournament at ours and they gave me a ton of grief for doing so.  They don't care that I have had three major surgeries on my right knee or broke my hip a few years back.   They just laugh and say, "suck it up buttercup".   :wacko:

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

We played our first MGA tournament of the year last Saturday. It was a 2 man best ball from the red tees. Some guys complained, but I thought it was fun.

• Like 2

I play the blue when I am forced to. I would rather play the whites even though I can reach most par 5's in 2.

Taylormade M1

Titleist 816 H1

Titleist 916 AP1 4-GW

52,56,60 Vokey Wedges

64 Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedge

Ping Ketsch mid putter

Titleist deluxe cart bag

TecTecTec range finder

CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart

Country Club Elite® Hitting Strip 10"x30"

Rukket Haack Golf Net By SEC Coach Chris Haack 10 X 7ft

Played in a group that let anyone 80 or older tee from the fairway.Course never had s problem with it.And just about all who were eligible took advantage of it

• Like 1

Keep it in the short stuff

The course I play half of my golf on is par 66 (plays like 63) and 4800 yards from the back tees, so I'm always playing it "forward" there.

Golf is fun from any tees.

I wish that coaches I had in high school had us play from up front to get us used to shooting low scores and take that psychological barrier of a low number out of our minds.

We like to have our kids play from the forward tees until they can shoot even par. Then they can move back.

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

The regular course I play is fairly short and on some holes there is not much difference between white, blue, and gold.  Only on a couple of holes is there a significant difference.  We normally play the blues.

Driver:  Titleist, TS2 10.5* regular, Tensei AV Series,Blue 55

3 Wood: Cobra 3-4 Wood Stiff shaft

5 Wood: :taylormade-small: S2 21* stiff

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: R7 16* stiff

Irons:    Ping G's 5-PW AWT 2.0 regular flex

AW:       Calloway MD4 50*

SW:      Mizuno 54* Blue Ion, 8* of bounce 

LW:      :titelist-small: 6000S 60*

Putter:  :odyssey-small: Red Ball

Ball:      :titelist-small: AVX

Usually play from the whites, and occasionally from the tips depending on the course.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 & 4 hybrids regular shafts 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag