TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sunglasses

robertson153

I wear sunglasses everywhere, except when playing golf. I find them too distracting for some reason...dunno, I'm weird.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't expect any less from the oligarch Eagle Scout; custom equipment preparation for every eventuality.

Actually it started because I have severe allergies and had to wear sunglasses when I was playing baseball.  It kept the pollen out of my eyes and stopped me from rubbing my eyes.  Don't play ball anymore but there is a lot of grass on a golf course to make my eyes itch.  I have to wear them even if there is no sun out.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Actually it started because I have severe allergies and had to wear sunglasses when I was playing baseball. It kept the pollen out of my eyes and stopped me from rubbing my eyes. Don't play ball anymore but there is a lot of grass on a golf course to make my eyes itch. I have to wear them even if there is no sun out.

Have you or do u take meds for the allergies?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I wear sunglasses if I even think about walking outside. Have multiple pairs of oakleys at all times to make sure I'm never without. With that said...I cannot/will not wear them playing golf lol

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

If its sunny outside I wear my sunglasses.  Have a pair of Anon sunglasses I have had for 10+ years.  I have no idea how, typically I lose or break them with in a year or two.  :lol:

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Not to hijack the thread but which color is the best for golf. I have a pair of older Maui jims (greenish lens) that I love but the prescription is old and the lenses are starting to get scratched. Will need new ones shortly.

So is it green or bronze for golf?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Have you or do u take meds for the allergies?

Allegra like it is in a Pez dispenser.  I have done the shot treatment twice with no luck and just something that I have to deal with.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I have two pair of Oakley prescription Holbrook glasses. I almost always wear when golfing or outside. The pair I wear golfing have already been run over by a cart and super glued back together so I don't worry about getting Hammed while out on the course and breaking or losing them.

I like the Polarized Mirrored Holbrook because of the large lens, I don't feel like I'm looking through a keyhole when I wear them. And if you can stomach the price, prescription all they way, it makes a world of difference.

I have Oakley Flak Jackets with the older G3 golf lenses. I love the fact that they "brighten" the colors and make everything stand out and they are very comfortable to wear.

My lenses do have some scratches on them and I've been thinking about replacing them with Prizm lenses.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I prefer to wear magnifying glasses so it looks like I hit the ball further than I really did. Keeps me motivated...

Honestly, I can stand sunglasses ever, I know they protect the eyeball, but I just started wearing prescription glasses and they are an annoyance. The frames mess me up, with peripheral. Looking to get contacts.

Dude, I'm Asian if I don't wear sunglasses and squint. It's not a pretty sight. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you are looking for something less expensive, look into Tifiosi. I is use some with a EC lens (extreme contrast), so it's not too dark, but gives good clear vision when it's bright and sunny. Tifosi has many different types and most of them come with different type of lenses that you can switch out. Most of them cost less than 100 bucks, with many of them in the 40-60 dollar range.

+1 for Tifosi. They are not expensive and come with 3 types of lenses. Not sure if they work, but that's how they advertise it.

I don't like wearing shades and will only do so when hitting into the sun.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I have prescription sunglasses for driving my car, but don't wear them when playing golf.  I can see my drives just fine without them!!  If I hit it 250+ I might need them.  I've tried wearing them while playing golf, and they just don't work for me.  Early this year I bought a pair of Bolle Bolt with the V3 golf lens on sale, and I like them a lot.  I don't care for them on cloudy days or in shadows, as they seem to affect my depth perception.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The Hawaiian sun is too harsh for me not to wear sunglasses. I don't leave home without my Ray Bans, wallet, cell phone, and keys. The only time I golf without them is if the range stall has a roof. If I don't wear them it feels like my retinas cook like a shankster omelet

I don't really match the style of these glasses in the blog article, I'm more of a wayfarer type

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Just looked through some threads and saw "best golfing sunglasses of 2017". Posted 9 hours ago. I started this 19 hours ago. Great minds think alike!!!

CobraConnectChallenge3

... A friend of mine is an Optometrist and told me protecting your eyes with quality lenses is essential for your vision and he recommended Kaenon sunglasses. I have been using them for about 5 years now and always have them on when playing, unless it is really overcast. I had always used decent sunglasses like Oakley and Tifosi but the very first time I put on the Kaenon's I noticed how much clearer they were. My friend tells me it has something to do with the lens and basically you get what you pay for. I have 4 pair now with two in my bag, one in my car and a pair at home. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

+1 for Tifosi. They are not expensive and come with 3 types of lenses. Not sure if they work, but that's how they advertise it.

I don't like wearing shades and will only do so when hitting into the sun.

They work great, you can go to a place like pro lens, and get any lens you want, they have what they call EC, it's a purplish color but is really clear and has enough sun blocking, but not to dark, they also make a GT lens that is greenish brown in color that is made for golf and tennis, again really clear, but I find it a little too dark for me when I play. You can go to eBay and pick up a pair for 50 or less, then go purchase what ever lens you want, most of them are $15, they do have some that are expensive lenses, but those are higher end type lenses. Would love some Oakleys but can't really talk myself into spending 150+ for sunglasses.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

They work great, you can go to a place like pro lens, and get any lens you want, they have what they call EC, it's a purplish color but is really clear and has enough sun blocking, but not to dark, they also make a GT lens that is greenish brown in color that is made for golf and tennis, again really clear, but I find it a little too dark for me when I play. You can go to eBay and pick up a pair for 50 or less, then go purchase what ever lens you want, most of them are $15, they do have some that are expensive lenses, but those are higher end type lenses. Would love some Oakleys but can't really talk myself into spending 150+ for sunglasses.

Great, thanks 4 the heads up!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I do wear sunglasses- Oakley radarlocks with prism field lenses it's 20% light transmission vs the prism golf which are 30%.

The reason I use field lenses instead of Golf is that with your golf when it's sunny or cloudy and you look up in the sky you lose sight of the golf ball and everything gets washed out because it's too much like being allowed through.

The field lenses retain depth perception and they help the golf ball stand out against the sky and particularly clouds.

I told the Oakley store near my place about this and they told me that they tried them out and liked it when they golfed too

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I do not play without my prescription sunglasses. They are Wylie X frames and have worked great for over 6 years. In FLA they are a must!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I wear them while out on the course. I had issues hitting the ball until I started taking lessons and my head started moving a whole lot less.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Yes! The ones I got already had the GT, EC and Smoke lenses. That's all a golfer needs!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

My eyes are sensitive to light. Always wear my Oakley Flak's. Have 3 pair depending on light conditions. I can't go outside without them. Well I can but I do not like to.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Went into one of the Pro Shops here To pick up something and low and behold, there was a huge display of Tifosi glasses. Didn't purchase any...yet but probably will near future. They R nice and come with 3 lenses.

I walked by them for 4 years since the course opened and never noticed them.

Old and Oblivious!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I have a set of the original Oakley Blades, I love em! Great coverage, super light weight, fantastic lens for golf. I absolutely hate actually hitting a golf ball while wearing glasses though so I put them on my hat for every shot and wear them while I walk.

IMG_0391.JPG

Sent from my Augusta National using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Used to never wear sunglasses and then started because I started having trouble tracking the ball. Made a world of difference. Unfortunately for me, my eye health has deteriorated to the point that I have to wear prescription eyeglasses. At least one pair of my current sunglasses can be fitted with Rx lenses, but I have yet to drop the coin on it. But yeah, I always have glasses of some kind on my head anymore. I just wish I could have enjoyed contact lenses...

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I don't know why, but I can't wear sunglasses while swinging.  I've tired expensive, cheap, polarized, unpolarized and it doesn't seem to matter.  Apparently it's a comfort issue for me.  The glasses go back on as soon as I get done hitting, though.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Archived