GolfSpy Barbajo

(4) TESTER ANNOUNCED: KBS TOUR Prototype Hybrid Shafts

Virginia

Fitted Wishon 775 21 and 24 with graphite 55 regular one degree open

Strengths are more consistent distance over other hybrid heads.

Weakness is a hard draw creeps up during every round

AJ, California.

Titleist 913H 19* & 21*, Diamana S+ 72, Stiff.

Fit myself, club is stock.

Loses 10 yards from deck with a low launch. Feels dead in hands whether hit solid or mishit.

Daryl, Honolulu

Titlelist 911H  19* & 23*. Diamana Shafts

All OEM

Strength Mid Launch R to L Slight Draw.

Weakness is the Pull to the Left.

Jason Warlond - Victoria, Australia

Tour Edge Exotics EX9 - (Varied shafts tried). 

Not Custom Fit - have tried different shafts in it and haven't found the one.  

Too low ball flight.  

Would like an 85gram S please.

- Kiel from Florida, currently living in San Diego California.

- M1 with Kuro Kage X-stiff shafts in both 19/21 degree lofts.

- 19 degree is set to 18 degrees and 21 degree is set to 22.

- STRENGTHS: Hybrids go much higher than long irons allowing for a little more stopping power on long approaches to firm greens.

- WEAKNESSES:  Occasionally flip the club head into the ball at impact causing a snap hook (very rarely).

Rod, AZ

Callaway X Hot, project X 5.5, 18, 20, 23

Not custom fit

Strength-consistent distance

Weaknesses-left and ball flight

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Jonathan. Nyc.

- Titliest 913h diamana stiff shaft 19deg

- Stock shaft and head

- Weakness is contact. Strength is distance

Joe

Florida

Tileist 913H 24 Degrees Diamana 72 Hy shafts

Not custom fitted and I tend to hit them low

Robert - Washington, DC

TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 (19*)

Aldila RIP Phenom 85 Hybrid (Stiff)

Not custom, but aftermarket shaft.

Replaced the OEM shaft (Matrix Rocketfuel 65 Stiff) as it was too light and was getting way too much height/spin.

Main issue is the RBZ Stage 2 has a significant draw bias and I play a high fade with everything else, so my misses with my hybrid are draws that I'm not even trying to hit.

chris, hawkes bay, new zealand

adams xt idea 21, on diamana x 82hy (depend on course)

not custom fit. 

miss, right. & unable to flight up to stop

Marlon Tick,

NOLA

Taylormade R15- 4/21°

Fujikara Speeder HB 8.8 tour spec x-flex

Fitted at the local Edwin Watts

Strengths- consistent driving distance mostly on line with a draw

WEAKNESS: Not getting the desired high ball flight that lands softly on the greens

Bad low running ball off the greens

Had the honor of meeting Mr. Braly the designer a few months back at the Zurich tournament and he was telling me about the new shaft but it had not been released to the public yet.. The brief conversation intrigued me very much what a coincidence !!!!

Ron, NJ, USA               

Adams, Reg Flex, 5 hybrid 24 degree                                                 

Adams Regular Flex shaft

- Control / Distance   I have more problems with control of the flight. I prefer stiff shaft as i have more control with this.

Matt Washington State

Adams Tour Black Super Hybrid 19 and 23

Aldila Voodoo Hybrid

I don't trust the shafts in my hybrids at all, if I try to get a little extra out of the clubs I'll it a hook. When My timing is right watch out pins. 

Bryce, british Columbia

Taylormade rescue stiff plus shaft

23 degree

Weakness would be ballooning ball flight

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

- Justin, Ontario

- Cobra f7,fujikura pro 75 stiff. Adjustable set to 21

- was custom fit for club and told to use stiff stock shaft.

- strength is a good Ball flight and distance. Weakness is occasional snap hook.

Tyler, Portland, OR

Titleist 915H 21* w/ Diamana Blueboard Stiff 80g

Yes, custom fit

I have trouble keeping it low, which is why I will switch out for a driving iron every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

James, Gauteng South Africa

Taylormade 2016 M1 19 degree, 95g stiff

Not custom fit

Tendency to go long and left, but get awesome height and quick stopping

Josh Stewart

Brisbane Australia

Callaway X prototype utility with Fujikura Prototype 90 X Flex

Not fitted

Strengths, great tee shot club.

Weakness, can spin up and when I chase it goes left

Justin. Currently reside in Connecticut 

Titleist 816 H 17 and 21 degree lofts

Diamana White 90 HY, 91 G Stiff 

+ 1/2"

From the fairway/rough a consistent ball striker but have a tendency to leave the ball right with too much spin off the tee when swinging for distance. My driver and iron shafts are X but there weren't stock X options when purchased. Would love to be able to draw the ball off the tee with hybrid as I do with other clubs. 

Brent Ohio

Ping I20 23 degree standard

stiff shaft

Not custom

Strengths great out of rough and fairway.