GolfSpy Barbajo

(4) TESTER ANNOUNCED: KBS TOUR Prototype Hybrid Shafts

Mike, Arkansas

Hogan Edge CFT # Hybrid---

Shaft= Hogan Apex 3 graphite, 21^

Not fitted, is a stock shaft

Strength-  rely on the hybrid too much, Weakness= my son is moving into stiff shafts and keeps confiscating my clubs.  

Could get two opinions for one shaft!

Mike - Georgia

Taylormade 2017 M1 - fujikura speeder 869 in stiff

Custom fit

Still trying to get good flight with stopping spin

Jonathan G, Michigan

Currently a titlest 915 hd 17.5, set to d4 (18.25) with Diamana blue 85 x-flex titlest 712 u 4 iron, 1 degree strong with project x 6.0

Yes both are custom

Strength is distance gapping, weakness is frequency of over turning 2-hybrid and sometimes a little too low with 4 hybrid

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Jim--Thornbury Ontario Canada

Ping G5- Aldillia Green stiff 22*

Fitted at Golftown

I hit the ball solid but would like a higher ball flight.

Tony/TX, Callaway X2 hot with standard shaft, No custom fit, straight and long off the tee, but weakness is struggle to get enough height off the turf..

Sent from my SM-S820L using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Gregg, Texas

Cobra FlyZ 3-4 hyb adjustable with stock shaft, reg

Big Bertha 5 hyb adjustable, play at 25 deg  Kuro Kage stiff shaft (aftermarket)

The 5 hyb is money at 172 yards, the 3-4 is a little iffy with the regular shaft although I can play decently with it.

I customize my own equipment and can change out to test any shaft and maintain the integrity of the sleeve.  I need a new money shaft.

Manja, Nijeveen, The Netherlands
:titelist-small: 816 H1 19* regular shaft

Custom fit for me
Strengths- tee shots and consitancy
Weakness- ballflight to the left 

Tom, Texas

Titleist 816 H1, 19*, Stock Diamanté Blue 82

Not custom fit

Distance is good, misses are left

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Matt

IL

Ping i20 17d project X 6.5

Go to club when I gotta hit it straight off the tee!

Derrick, Savannah GA

Titleist 913Hd (18 and 21 degree), Graphite Design AD DI 95x

Custom fit via Cool Clubs

Strength - versatility of use, tee or approach

Weakness - Consistent carry

Robb; GA

Callaway BB Alpha 815 20* with Kuro Kage 80 hy S & 23* with Fubuki x400 S

Custom fit for 20*

Dispersion is my biggest issue

Good luck all, I am now in a senior flex so I will be passing up this great testing opportunity.   Thank you to MGS and KBS for  great testing opportunity. 

Kerin from Maine I use G B B Epic Driver, G B B Heavenwood, and Cleveland Mashie hybrids 20.5 and 26, T M Rsi 2 irons, Titlist sm 6 wedges. Have not found another hybrid face that had the ability to get a ball up and out from rough like the Mashies. And did I say long.  

Jules

New York City/ New Haven, CT

Currently have three hybrids i play depending on circumstance

1. Tour Edge EX10 with Recoil F4 --19*

2.  Cobra F6 3/4 hybrid with Red Tie stiff

3.  Adams XTD Ti/  3 and 4 hybrids --red tie stiff

Like the head of the Tour edge best, but recoil is not consistent performer

Adams has well made heads but shafts in both Adams and Cobra are less than optimally consistent.

At 70 yrs old, when I play long courses -- 6700-7000 I am hitting a lot of hybrids into the green and need to hold greens and fly bunkers, etc.

ON shorter courses, I use hybrid off some tees.  So I need hybrids I can control like I control my iron flight.  I have been fit for every other shaft in my bag but for hybrid, so I am ready willing and able.

Loved KBS in my former Apex Pro irons.

Have a fitter who can set up shafts optimally for me.

Thnx.

- Alex from New Jersey

- Taylor Made Burner 3 hybrid Rescue with stock Stiff shaft 18*

- Not custom fit

- Strength: consistently straight but Weakness: inconsistent distances

Doug, SC

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 and 4

KBS Tour 120 S hard stepped

yes

Stength - ball striking

Weakness - hook when using graphite or lighter shaft

Jordan @ Saskatchewan, Canada

2017 Taylormade M1 #3 (19*) w/ Tour AD DI 85x (or switch between Matrix Black Tie 95x from a number of years ago). I just did a lot of research and wanted to try the DI. I find I hit the ball too high with most hybrid shafts.

Mark - quesnel B.C Canada .... happy Canada day!!

Callaway xr 22 Deg / project x LZ blue stock shaft Stiff

Bought the club off the rack, no custom fit. Works well for my game. I usually bring out the club for bunker shots and when I don't feel comfortable hitting a 5 iron out of the rough. I tend to draw the ball alittle much with the club, sometimes it can leave me in trouble. This could just be a hybrid HOOK . I feel like my tempo is good but get lazy with my grip as the round progresses. Would love to try out the Rplus & Stiff Shaft

Matt/ Vancouver/ BC/ Canada

Head/ Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 Hybrid

Shaft/ Accra Rt 90 M5

Custom Fit/ NO

Strength/ finds fairways when needed

Weakness/ occasional snap hook or balloon with too much spin

Suppose I would fit into a stiff plus or x

Thank you and happy 150 to Canada