Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

DJ Spider

bureedo

I believe most mallet putters fit a putting stroke that is straight back, straight through. Some do work with a slight arc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

Took me about two rounds before I really got it lined up correctly and could see it. I could easily feel it when open but I would set it closed mostly. I'm a straight back straight through stroke and it's worked well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Took me about two rounds before I really got it lined up correctly and could see it. I could easily feel it when open but I would set it closed mostly. I'm a straight back straight through stroke and it's worked well for me.

Hands forward?

I played with doing hands forward and not. With the slant shaft you are a little forward already. I do not forward press with mine. I focus on keeping the putter low to the ground with my stroke. I noticed with it you feel like lifting it up at the back of the stroke even on 4 footers (if that makes sense)

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I played with doing hands forward and not. With the slant shaft you are a little forward already. I do not forward press with mine. I focus on keeping the putter low to the ground with my stroke. I noticed with it you feel like lifting it up at the back of the stroke even on 4 footers (if that makes sense)

Thanks for your input, I've been messing around with every position I can think of, still not comfortable with it, may have to switch back to blade style

I love it but I like a weighted heavier putter. I went from a 2ball with a fat superstroke to a Cameron Golo3 to the spider. Personally with the slant shaft and pure roll insert I would recommend not forward pressing but that's me. I put a superstroke on it immediately. The Scotty is for sale if interested lol

• 2 years later...
On 6/29/2017 at 9:57 PM, jlukes said:

TaylorMade actually added the slant neck to the spider to allow for some toe hang to betterment fit strokes with some arc to them. The version with the shaft that goes right into the head has less toe hang and is better for straight back straight through strokes

I just asked you this same question in another thread a few minutes ago. I think this post answers it nicely, thanks.

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*