Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Putting Problems...help!

GeekingGolf

Something must be lost in translation, that's an impossible lie angle.

68*    90-22 = 68   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Researched the orange color code just means 2* flat

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Did pretty good yesterday 31 putts shot 81 had one 3 putt and a bunch of one putts I know this statistic really doesn't give you a good picture. I realized while in the iPing app that I consistently leave the face 1* open at impact so I purposely aimed slightly more left that intended line. Looked at my score card had six 1 putts which I think is probably the best way to know if I putted well.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

68*    90-22 = 68   

Hah, I see now! I thought he was talking about a club with a 15' shaft or something!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Hah, I see now! I thought he was talking about a club with a 15' shaft or something!

My first thought was that he had really long arms.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

My first thought was that he had really long arms.

Haha

Bryson DeChambeau

I used to caddy for Jack Toski, of the famous Toski brothers.  He was Bob's oldest brother.  He also was my first teacher of the game.  One day while in college I complained to him that my putting was terrible.  He simply said "learn to hit it closer to the hole"

There's a lot of truth to that but I over came weak putting with much work and a "grip" change.  In the 1980's I went cross handed.   (that was before they called it left hand low)   I also spent hours and hours practicing...mostly 10' and in.  A friend used a chalk line on a level area of the green and I spend hours concentrating on rolling the ball down that line.  I still imagine starting my putts along that line.

I also used many drills but found the most effective were ones that when you missed, you had to start over.  I helps when you really need to make one to go home...or win a match!

Good luck....find a flat stick you like....and put in the work.  You won't regret it!!

Jim, the retired GC Superintendent

Jim the retired Golf Course Superintendent

What has really helped me is learning about eye dominance in putting. I'm a right eye dominant right hander and moving the ball to the middle of my stance and using a minimal offset putter has helped a ton.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

What has really helped me is learning about eye dominance in putting. I'm a right eye dominant right hander and moving the ball to the middle of my stance and using a minimal offset putter has helped a ton.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Interesting I believe I am right eye dominant. I read somewhere that's why Jack had that open stance he was right eye dominant. I will try to move the ball more towards the middle and see if that helps thanks.

Bryson DeChambeau

I don't focus on eye dominance but seeing the line correctly. I found the setup position that lets me see the line the same way I see the line when I am looking down the line. Most people when they setup with eyes over the ball will see the line differently which does have an influence on how they swing the putter to compensate for what the are seeing

Archived