Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

RIFE Releases New Island Series

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

YAWN...RIFE Putters announced today that they'll be releasing four new highly anticipated Island Series putters this Fall.

The Aruba, Trinidad, Montserrat, and Cayman Brac are the latest introductions in RIFE's successful Island Series of putters.

These four Island Series models were first introduced in January at the 2010 PGA Merchandise Show, but are now in production and will be available in stores in the next 30 to 60 days. All of these new Island Series putters feature RIFE's patented RollGrooveTechnology and Lie-Aline System.

RIFE Putters, LLC is the true innovator behind horizontal grooved face putter technology with a patent on specifically sized grooves since 1997. These precisely spaced grooves allow the putter to gently press into the cover of the ball and grip and lift it into an instant forward roll. Guerin Rife states, "just as grooves in irons help control spin so do grooves in a putter face." Other companies are now trying to imitate this patented technology but the spacing of the grooves is the true key to the gripping and lifting effect of grooved face putter technology. Horizontal RollGrooveTM faced putters create the truest "no skid" roll in golf no matter where you hit the ball on the putter face.

For more information on RIFE Putters or their product lineup for 2010 visit their website at www.rifeputters.com

1-rife-2.jpg

1-rife-3.jpg

1-rife-4.jpg

1-rife.jpg

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Never been overly impressed by the looks of Rife putters in general though I certainly believe in their technology and appreciate the innovation. And I'll also agree with Jamo that Rife offers and exceptionally soft feeling non-insert putter (although I'd say the same for Yes!, and the F.I.T face stuff Bettinardi did while he was at Mizuno). Mostly though, I'm seconding, or thirding, or is it fourthing a big ol YAWN.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I actually like these and most of RIFE's Island Series. While they are not out of the norm and are truly just copies of Ping, Scotty, etc. they have something none of those do (grooves or improved roll designs). I love traditional putters and more than likely will never stray much from my Anser shape heads. But, I still want improved technology and the groves on these do that. YES and Taylor Made do much the same but I can't make myself play TM putters and YES just don't have good lines. Every RIFE I have picked up had really well done lines. I can't say the same for Ping, TM, YES, Odyssey, Bettinardi. That said I have never been a good indicator of company's success. I LOVED Sonartec's and Tourstage (before they changed back to Bridgestone) and those didn't do so well.

KWheels 

Tuff to promote a putter as the "Most winningest putter on the champions tour" haha

I would agree but Odyssey used to use that one years ago, before they were purchased by Callaway..

KWheels 

• SPY VIP

Got to agree with MGS's, "YAWN." I tend to think that Rife's are pretty nice when I pick them up and putt with them in stores, but these certainly won't cause me to part with cash.

I think you hit the nail on the head. You pick them up in a store, and the feel good, and roll great, but then you start looking around and you find a few others that feel good, and roll great too, but offer a whole lot more style. As an example, I've yet to find a Cameron I like the feel of (blasphemy I know), but put Rife's grooves on it, and all of a sudden $300+ starts to sound a whole lot more reasonable.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I wish it was possible for John Q Public to measure just how much a putters grooves affect roll of the ball. At the speed a putter is striking the ball, just how much do grooves in the face "dig in" and actually have an impact on how the ball rolls?? Or is all that actually something that does a "mental job" on the person using it?

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

• SPY VIP

A whole lot less then golfers think they do.

I wish it was possible for John Q Public to measure just how much a putters grooves affect roll of the ball. At the speed a putter is striking the ball, just how much do grooves in the face "dig in" and actually have an impact on how the ball rolls?? Or is all that actually something that does a "mental job" on the person using it?

#TruthDigest

I know Ive tried every putter in Golf Galaxy and nothing has replaced my Yes! Tracey, grooves making a difference or not, she puts more balls in the hole than anything else Ive tried.

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

And THAT is what is important!! Any putter that helps the golfer holding it the most is the best! Heck, I game an Itsy Bitsy Spider! Ugliest danged putter made, but it works for me and I really couldn't care less why it works or if anyone else likes it. :P :lol:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Rife is really popular with alot of the guys at my course. I have to agree that I've always liked them when I putted with them and if they put out some good center shaft models I'd give them a strong look. If they have them, I haven't seen them.

These, however, even with the CS model, don't seem like much to promote as "new". Almost seems like an after thought, like someone at Rife was going "No ideas? Well, we gotta do SOMETHING this year. . "

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Archived