Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How to hit a fade!

I've been hitting a big draw lately but it is very inconsistent and won't stick on greens, anybody have any tips to start hitting a nice soft fade?

Driver: 2017 Taylormade M2 10.5 Degrees 

Wood: 2016 Taylormade M2 16.5 Degrees

Hybrids: Rbz Black Edition 3 & 4 Hybrids

Irons: Taylormade Speedblades 5-Pw

Wedges: Titleist Vokey Sm6 wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Taylormade TP soto

The fade is the easy one. Open your front foot to where you want the ball to start. Aim the club to where you want it to end. Swing with your body. Ta da

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I've been hitting a big draw lately but it is very inconsistent and won't stick on greens, anybody have any tips to start hitting a nice soft fade?

Well don't just think that making a little tweak will just cure your desire to stop hitting a draw. If you aren't getting the ball to spin on the green that is an indication of a ball that is too firm, greens that are too firm, not a steep enough angle into the ball to create adequate spin (or any combination of those). I've hit plenty of draws into greens with spin on them to stop so shot shape isn't your issue.

Hitting a draw means you are doing a good job of coming from the inside so if you just drop your foot back you'll hit it even further left. If your grips are too small or shafts are too weak that can have a big impact as well. Anyway, a fade requires that your hands aren't releasing so much and your swing path has to be more neutral as opposed to how it is now being under that ball at impact. If the ball is too far forward on your irons that could contribute too.

For the range try to use some alignment sticks to aid in your work here. For a proper fade your body should be aimed open of your target but you also have to make sure you're not releasing the club so much through impact. Work on really trying to clear to the left (for a right handed player). Watch some videos of Tiger Woods on YouTube from when he was working on Sean Foley's concepts, that encourages really getting through to the left.

Hope it helps👍

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Think about the ball flight rules.   Face angle primarily influences where the ball starts and club path influences the curve of the ball.   To hit a fade you want the club face to point to the left of the target line and you want the path to be more left than the where the face points.   Since the club generally travels down the line of your shoulder so you should open your stance and open the club face by turning the club and not just turning your hands.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Archived