Stiff Shafts on Wedges?

Our Sponsors

I just had this question this past month when I was looking at replacing my wedges. I took my current set wedges in that have KBS Tour shafts in them like the rest of my irons. Now granted I was hitting the SM6's vs my SM5's. However the only real big difference was that the SM6's I was hitting had wedge flex shafts. My backspin rpm dropped in half on the wedge flex wedges. From 8400 to 3600!! I was shocked! So I bought the SM6's but ordered the softer KBS tour shaft that are known to have softer tip. Crazy how much a difference that was.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I just had this question this past month when I was looking at replacing my wedges. I took my current set wedges in that have KBS Tour shafts in them like the rest of my irons. Now granted I was hitting the SM6's vs my SM5's. However the only real big difference was that the SM6's I was hitting had wedge flex shafts. My backspin rpm dropped in half on the wedge flex wedges. From 8400 to 3600!! I was shocked! So I bought the SM6's but ordered the softer KBS tour shaft that are known to have softer tip. Crazy how much a difference that was.

What sort of cost did you end up with? One thing that frustrates me about this process is you have to buy the wedge with a stock (wedge flex) shaft which I'm sure it's included in the cost then pay for all new shafts and the work it takes to install them.

To me it seems like you come out paying double for shafts.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch