TESTERS WANTED! ×

First Time Breaking a Milestone

STUDque

I say mulligans are a good thing for people starting out. When you can get it to one Mulligan per side you're close. Gotta break 100 with mulligans before you can break it without.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'd forgotten about it, but I did break 100 once last year. Cannot find the old scorecard and cannot remember if I gave myself any Mulligans, but I do remember that I ended with a 98 after a good finishing hole....

Tee shot went right, but playable, second shot was just short-right of the green and landed .. of course .. in a bunker... (oh no, kiss of death for me). Somehow got it out on one try and onto the green and .. it actually rolled towards the hole and .. I made the putt!

So I'm actually happier with that sand save than with the total score .. which I had trouble beating again until this past weekend.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Should take some of your own advice!

Oh, yes! But Mr. Macho here thought he 'had it in the bag' on a level 145 yds to a sloping up at the back green. 

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

OK, so this past weekend I was able to scratch out a 95 ... 45 on the Front 9 (best 9-Hole score to date), and 50 on the Back 9 (slightly worse than my recent 9-Hole avg at about 48).

Very happy with the end result, of course, but there are a few caveats...

1. Played from the forward tees with my wife; it was just under 5100 yds.

2. There's no Men's Rating for the Red tees but for the Whites, at (only) 5835 yds, it's 67.5/121. So not a terribly difficult course.

3. In fact, this muni course is very "user friendly"; eg. generally wide fairways which were dry so you got extra rollout, rough was cut short and also was dry so you couldn't lose your ball and it was easy to get out and you got some extra rollout there too, and the bunkers were also dry and hard-packed so it was more like chipping out.

4. No major elevation changes (a few small ones) and not really any blind shots. 

5. Gave myself a "free" ;-) first tee Mulligan (that's a 'thing', right?); otherwise counted everything. First tee shot was playable, I'd topped it, but I wanted to start out better (and there was no one behind us). 

Actually thought I might have been on my way to getting close to a 90 .. my next goal. But I had a three hole stretch (#14, 15, 16) where I earned myself an add'l +10 strokes .. so still have some work to do!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

1. Don't care

2. Don't care

3. Don't care

4. Don't care

5. Don't care

Be proud of shooting a good score no matter what the conditions were. It's hard to break milestones and you've got to ease your way into it. There's a reason the college 3-point line is shorter and little league plays on smaller fields. If you can manage a course at 5100 yards, you can develop the principles to manage it at 6100 and 7100 once your swing fundamentals catch up.

Great work! Keep it up!

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

1. Don't care

2. Don't care

3. Don't care

4. Don't care

5. Don't care

Be proud of shooting a good score no matter what the conditions were. It's hard to break milestones and you've got to ease your way into it. There's a reason the college 3-point line is shorter and little league plays on smaller fields. If you can manage a course at 5100 yards, you can develop the principles to manage it at 6100 and 7100 once your swing fundamentals catch up.

Great work! Keep it up!

Got it .. thanks for the encouragement!!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

OK, so this past weekend I was able to scratch out a 95 ... 45 on the Front 9 (best 9-Hole score to date), and 50 on the Back 9 (slightly worse than my recent 9-Hole avg at about 48).

Very happy with the end result, of course, but there are a few caveats...

1. Played from the forward tees with my wife; it was just under 5100 yds.

2. There's no Men's Rating for the Red tees but for the Whites, at (only) 5835 yds, it's 67.5/121. So not a terribly difficult course.

3. In fact, this muni course is very "user friendly"; eg. generally wide fairways which were dry so you got extra rollout, rough was cut short and also was dry so you couldn't lose your ball and it was easy to get out and you got some extra rollout there too, and the bunkers were also dry and hard-packed so it was more like chipping out.

4. No major elevation changes (a few small ones) and not really any blind shots.

5. Gave myself a "free" ;-) first tee Mulligan (that's a 'thing', right?); otherwise counted everything. First tee shot was playable, I'd topped it, but I wanted to start out better (and there was no one behind us).

Actually thought I might have been on my way to getting close to a 90 .. my next goal. But I had a three hole stretch (#14, 15, 16) where I earned myself an add'l +10 strokes .. so still have some work to do!

Very nice - now keep repeating - next goal 90?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Very nice - now keep repeating - next goal 90?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks!! And, yes - would be happy to be at 90 consistently!

(or, well, for a little while anyway until we put that in the rearview mirror on the way to Lo 80s)

Thought I might have had a shot at it that last round .. until I didn't! We'll see how it goes this weekend!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 1 month later...

OK.. *almost* broke 90...

Had a "provisional" 89. Played with a buddy and we gave ourselves a few Mulligans and a few do-over shots. Story is here...

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/6351-How'd-you-play?#entry337058

Getting closer!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Nice job surfer! Just shoot 86 next time and you won't have to worry about the provisionals

Oh, no problem - all I have to do is only count the *good* shots

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

... The first time I shot in the 60's, I was sitting on 70 thru 16 holes, a place I had been before but not able to break thru to the 60's. 17 and 18 were both birdie holes so it was looking hopeful. #17 is a short dogleg left and I hit a 4 iron to the middle of the fairway leaving me a full pw to a small green guarded by huge oaks on both sides with a back join location. I was pretty excited and with the adrenaline I hit my pw over the green and into deep rough. I was a little dejected being short sided but figured if I could get up and down I could still make a birdie on 18. So I played it like a bunker shot, hoping it would not roll too far by. It came out with a little too much speed but hit the pin square and dropped for a birdie. Riding a high I birdied 18 holing a 20 footer for a 68. 

... I had hit a pretty big slice earlier in the round that hit a tree and bounced to the middle of the fairway, holed that almost impossible chip on #17 and made a 60 footer for birdie on the front 9. While there was most definitely some skill involved, there was also a good amount of luck. I learned that you never give up and as a big a cliche' as it is, if you take it one stroke at a time, you always have a chance. And never give up on getting lucky!

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I broke par for the first time on the front nine of my course today... in the wind.  The front nine is a par 37.  I eagled #9 from 128 out to shoot -1 or 36.  My previous best was on the front nine was +1 or 38, which I did twice in the last two weeks.  

Now if I could just do that when playing 18 holes; my personal best on the back nine is also -1 or 34.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

... The first time I shot in the 60's, I was sitting on 70 thru 16 holes, a place I had been before but not able to break thru to the 60's. 17 and 18 were both birdie holes so it was looking hopeful. #17 is a short dogleg left and I hit a 4 iron to the middle of the fairway leaving me a full pw to a small green guarded by huge oaks on both sides with a back join location. I was pretty excited and with the adrenaline I hit my pw over the green and into deep rough. I was a little dejected being short sided but figured if I could get up and down I could still make a birdie on 18. So I played it like a bunker shot, hoping it would not roll too far by. It came out with a little too much speed but hit the pin square and dropped for a birdie. Riding a high I birdied 18 holing a 20 footer for a 68.

... I had hit a pretty big slice earlier in the round that hit a tree and bounced to the middle of the fairway, holed that almost impossible chip on #17 and made a 60 footer for birdie on the front 9. While there was most definitely some skill involved, there was also a good amount of luck. I learned that you never give up and as a big a cliche' as it is, if you take it one stroke at a time, you always have a chance. And never give up on getting lucky!

It seems like many of our great rounds have some sort of skilled luck involved. Making impossible puts chipping in, holing out from the bunker, hitting a wayward tee shot that somehow ends up in the middle of the fairway. But the best part is that you took advantage of those and broke 70. By the way all of the above happened to a guy here earlier in the year, he shot 67, and finished the round by going bogey, bogey, bogey.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• 3 weeks later...

I shot my lowest round at my club in the two years that I have been a member there. Chucked up a -6 65 a week and and a half ago without any crazy hole outs or goofy holes. Made six birds and twelve pats for a clean card. Played a round after that and holed out for eagle on 12 from 136 and birdie on 17 from 86 yards after a tee ball way left. Not sure I will ever beat that low score there no matter how good I play.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

A good friend of mine has gotten lower and lower these last few years.

He has done things like buy better gear designed to help his hdcp range.

Tried really hard to create a dependable and most important, repeatable swing.

His scoring has come in waves, and dropped from low 90's, to the low 80's. And now is hitting into the 70 on occasion.

If you keep at it, your scores will improve

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I posted this on how'd you play, but thought it good enough to post here, as well...

Received my shipment of K-Sigs on Friday, and was looking forward to trying them out- Sunday morning was a bit on the cool side, called for a vest and long pants, but the sun warmed us up as the day went along. Started out Bogey, par, birdie, birdie, par, par, pushed my drive on 7, punched out and chipped to 3 feet, but missed the par putt, so I am now even going into 8. Made a slippery downhill left to right breaking 10 footer for par on 8, and am thinking "Par on 9 and I make the turn even!!!" I then proceed to push my drive into the next fairway right of ours, but have an opening if I make a strong draw @ 170 yards out. End up in a greenside bunker, well below the elevated green- I make a good pass at the ball and it pops out, lands about a yard short of the pin and releases -yes- into the cup for a birdie!- I make the turn at -1 (35) - a personal best for me.

Came back to earth on the back 9, shooting a 41, including a birdie and a triple! - Post a record round of 76- and chuckle when the computer asks "This score is outside the players' normal range (no kidding) is this correct?" YES, it was correct.

So, was it the K-Sigs? Was it that I trusted the ball? Was it that I trusted my swing? I did putt well, with about a half dozen 1-putts, and some rather accurate chipping to boot- but, all that said, when I got home I immediately went online to COSTCO, to order another 4 dozen K-Sigs, but alas, they are sold out again... I do like them!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I posted this on how'd you play, but thought it good enough to post here, as well...

Received my shipment of K-Sigs on Friday, and was looking forward to trying them out- Sunday morning was a bit on the cool side, called for a vest and long pants, but the sun warmed us up as the day went along. Started out Bogey, par, birdie, birdie, par, par, pushed my drive on 7, punched out and chipped to 3 feet, but missed the par putt, so I am now even going into 8. Made a slippery downhill left to right breaking 10 footer for par on 8, and am thinking "Par on 9 and I make the turn even!!!" I then proceed to push my drive into the next fairway right of ours, but have an opening if I make a strong draw @ 170 yards out. End up in a greenside bunker, well below the elevated green- I make a good pass at the ball and it pops out, lands about a yard short of the pin and releases -yes- into the cup for a birdie!- I make the turn at -1 (35) - a personal best for me.

Came back to earth on the back 9, shooting a 41, including a birdie and a triple! - Post a record round of 76- and chuckle when the computer asks "This score is outside the players' normal range (no kidding) is this correct?" YES, it was correct.

So, was it the K-Sigs? Was it that I trusted the ball? Was it that I trusted my swing? I did putt well, with about a half dozen 1-putts, and some rather accurate chipping to boot- but, all that said, when I got home I immediately went online to COSTCO, to order another 4 dozen K-Sigs, but alas, they are sold out again... I do like them!

... I was playing last week and the wind was howling 25-30mph and for some reason the groundskeeper thought putting the pins on slopes was a good idea. I rarely 3 putt but did so 3 times on the front 9 with that wind and tough pin combo. On #9 that was dead downwind, I just killed my driver and actually hit it too far going into the water that juts out, normally well out of my range but caught it perfectly and had that 30mph wind at my back. I had been playing a TM TPx and when I pulled out a ball to drop, it was a Kirkland. Got up and down from 72 yds and then started the back 9 with 2 pars into the wind before turning side and down wind and birdied 3 holes in a row and parred out. So was it the K-Sigs for me too? I was certainly aware that I was using it and it dawned on me that when I shot 68 earlier in the week at the same course I was using the K-Sig and when I shot 73 the next day I was using the TP5x. Hmmmmmmm....  :wacko:

"... I was playing last week and the wind was howling 25-30mph and for some reason the groundskeeper thought putting the pins on slopes was a good idea. I rarely 3 putt but did so 3 times on the front 9 with that wind and tough pin cmbo. On #9 that was dead downwind, I just killed my driver and actually hit it too far going into the water that juts out, normally well out of my range but caught it perfectly and had that 30mph wind at my back. I had been playing a TM TPx and when I pulled out a ball to drop, it was a Kirkland. Got up and down from 72 yds and then started the back 9 with 2 pars into the wind before turning side and down won and birdied 3 holes in a row and parred out. So was it the K-Sigs for me too? I was certainly aware that I was using it and it dawned on me that when I shot 68 earlier in the week at the same course I was using the K-Sig and when I shot 73 the next day I was using the TPx. Hmmmmmmm.... :wacko:"

The ball just seemed to go where I intended more often than not.  Around the green  I was able to stop the ball closer to the hole, and I did drain half a dozen 1-putts- just felt as though the ball went (and stayed) on the line I intended-  So the question is- was it the ball or me- or me trusting the ball and my swing- probably more likely, but I do like the outcome!

In discussing the round with my wife afterwards, she asked "so if the balls make such a difference, why don't you pay the higher price for the Titlest or TM or other premium balls?  That is your goal, is it not?" 

OK, she is right, but at a fundamental level, I just cant get used to paying $50 / dozen when the same quality can be had for half the price-  Who wouldn't take a Lamborghini if it was only $50K new... 

She does pose an interesting question, though... should I reconsider.. well, at least not for a while, as the 4 dozen K-Sigs should last a good while.....

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

... As a + index player that depends on my short game and the right ball for going low or saving me when I am playing poorly, I can honestly say I have never played a premium ball that made any real difference, as long as it has the attributes I like in a ball, like compression and/or feel as well as the right trajectory. ProV1x, K-Sig, Z Star, Lethal, TP5x, B330S, Snell and Vice Pro Plus all perform about identically for my game. The only real difference is the price and personal preference. Yes, a few are a hair better in the wind for me and the TP5x and K-Sig are just a hair longer off the tee and with long irons/hybrids, but performance everywhere else is virtually identical. I honestly doubt you will find any difference at all between the K-Sig and a PoV1, other than the price or confidence coming from personal preference. 

So today was a bit of a mini milestone for me .. but it also ties in with the preceding discussion on premium golf balls.

My mini milestone happened during my practice "mini" round of 7 holes (skipped #1 and #2 and started on #3 of a 9-hole course).

I hit 6 of 7 tee shots well, or really well, with only one pushed a little bit right - but still not that far off and totally playable from the short rough.

So .. yeah!

In fact, made a really good second shot after that pushed tee shot; though not all the other follow-up shots were as good .. but then most of my chipping & pitching was spot-on (bounced the ball off the flagstick on one).

So the premium ball tie-in:

I've had a dozen Pro V1s sitting in my garage for well over 8 years, almost 9 years! So hot/cold, hot/cold, ... (If you saw the Dean Snell interview he mentions that's something that kills a golf ball.) Had gotten them out of my mother's garage .. and she had bought them Recycled .. so they've already been played .. 8+ years ago!

But these were the balls I took with me today.

So.... was it the Pro V1s that flew straight off the tee and then rolled out or checked up nicely on the greens...??

*Or, along the lines of what @chisag said -- could it be just any premium ball is "better" (and better for me) vs the middle of the road ones I usually play?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

New one for me was breaking 70 at my home course this year! It had become a huge mental block. I had shot 70 too many times to count, and it had started to become a little bit of a running joke. Had a decent round going a couple weeks ago and knew I needed to birdie the 18th to get it done, made about a 15 ft putt to get it done and then felt an enormous weight lift off my shoulders! Now let's go lower!!

New one for me was breaking 70 at my home course this year! It had become a huge mental block. I had shot 70 too many times to count, and it had started to become a little bit of a running joke. Had a decent round going a couple weeks ago and knew I needed to birdie the 18th to get it done, made about a 15 ft putt to get it done and then felt an enormous weight lift off my shoulders! Now let's go lower!!

That's awesome! A 15 foot putt for birdie is the way to do it in style. I'm sure it felt better than a tap in would've.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

I barely remember breaking 80 the first time.  I was in grad school at NC State (1979), playing a now-extinct course called Cheviot Hills.  I came in after my round, completely elated, and told the pro I had shot my best score ever, 78.  He told me to check the paper tomorrow.  When I did, I realized he'd called my score into the local sports section, so my achievement was recognized in print in the Raleigh News and Observer. :D

I broke par for the first time during a casual weekday round ay my home club, Stoneleigh in Round Hill, VA.  I obviously knew i'd been playing well, and hit a really good drive on 18.  I had about 180 left, slightly uphill, all carry over a creek, and striped a 4-iron that left me a 2-put birdie for -1 (71).  I remember telling myself not to worry, even if i rinsed the second shot I'd still shoot a great score.

The only time I broke 70 I was playing at Talamore with my wife.  The 18th there requires a drive over water, so once I cleared the pond I knew I was close.  I missed the green with a 5-iron, but got up and down for -2 (69).  Again, I had the same thought process, recognizing I was going to shoot a great score no matter what I did on the last hole.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I barely remember breaking 80 the first time. I was in grad school at NC State (1979), playing a now-extinct course called Cheviot Hills. I came in after my round, completely elated, and told the pro I had shot my best score ever, 78. He told me to check the paper tomorrow. When I did, I realized he'd called my score into the local sports section, so my achievement was recognized in print in the Raleigh News and Observer. :D

I broke par for the first time during a casual weekday round ay my home club, Stoneleigh in Round Hill, VA. I obviously knew i'd been playing well, and hit a really good drive on 18. I had about 180 left, slightly uphill, all carry over a creek, and striped a 4-iron that left me a 2-put birdie for -1 (71). I remember telling myself not to worry, even if i rinsed the second shot I'd still shoot a great score.

The only time I broke 70 I was playing at Talamore with my wife. The 18th there requires a drive over water, so once I cleared the pond I knew I was close. I missed the green with a 5-iron, but got up and down for -2 (69). Again, I had the same thought process, recognizing I was going to shoot a great score no matter what I did on the last hole.

Those be some nice golfing memories there!

(Color me more impressed with your great sportsmanship attitude )

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I vividly remember breaking 90 the first time. I was a junior member at a course that was a par 70.

I remember heading to the course one day and thinking. "Huh, if I just bogey every hole, then I would shoot an 88." I had literally never thought about it before. It was like a revelation.

So I played every hole like a bogey was a par and making shot selections based on that. I shot an 89.

Can't remember my first 70s round and still waiting on my first 60s round

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I remember 20 plus years ago. Once I was able to bench 200 lbs everything fell into place.

In golf, biggest milestone was walking 45 holes with my bag.That is one heck of a work out. Since than I have at least walked 45 holes in my 20's-30's-40's-and once when I turned 50.If I can keeping that up is a huge accomplishment for me

Had a wonderful friend-life golf partner that passed 2 seasons ago.During his 3 year battle with cancer he would walk 18 holes in the morning and 18 in the evening.He couldn't physically play golf during those years.But he just loved being on the course.He was our friend who will be sorely be missed.To walk the course in his condition is a heck of a milestone.Truly hate cancer

(Edit) computed timed out on me

Keep it in the short stuff

I remember 20 plus years ago. Once I was able to bench 200 lbs everything fell into place.

In golf, biggest milestone was walking 45 holes with my bag.That is one heck of a work out.

That's definitely a fresh take on the term "golf milestone."

I myself have never even played 36 in a day. There's just never time for it. Guess I'll add that to my goals list for next year.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

I barely remember breaking 80 the first time.  I was in grad school at NC State (1979), playing a now-extinct course called Cheviot Hills.  I came in after my round, completely elated, and told the pro I had shot my best score ever, 78.  He told me to check the paper tomorrow.  When I did, I realized he'd called my score into the local sports section, so my achievement was recognized in print in the Raleigh News and Observer. :D

... How times have changed in NC. I went to high school in Greensboro NC and nobody played golf with the exception of the rich kids at the Country Clubs. I believe we had 4 CC's and ONE public course. I could be mistaken because as I said, no athlete was interested in golf back then. Funny to look in the year book and see the golf team playing in long sleeve white button down shirts, a black tie and white cuffed pants and those kilty covered shoes. Pretty cool you were ahead of the curve and playing golf in the late 70's. 

... I did't start playing golf until age 30 and when I went back to visit my parents, there were a ton of nice public courses in Greensboro. Times have changed from the old Country Club stuffed shirt era. 

In golf, biggest milestone was walking 45 holes with my bag.That is one heck of a work out. Since than I have at least walked 45 holes in my 20's-30's-40's-and once when I turned 50.If I can keeping that up is a huge accomplishment for me

Had a wonderful friend-life golf partner that passed 2 seasons ago.During his 3 year battle with cancer he would walk 18 holes in the morning and 18 in the evening.He couldn't physically play golf during those years.But he just loved being on the course.He was our friend who will be sorely be missed.To walk the course in his condition is a heck of a milestone.Truly hate cancer

(Edit) computed timed out on me

Sorry to hear about your friend... :-(

But on the upside it sounds like he was able to have a bit of "quality of life" his last few years... :-)

(And I like your workout milestone!)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg