GolfSpy STUDque

First Time Breaking a Milestone

Why am I just seeing this?? Congratulations Phil!

• Like 1

Nice work good Sir! Awesome milestone! Next up sub 70?

• Like 1

Congrats! Well done and hopefully many more rounds in the 70's to come.

It's a great feeling and looking forward to stage 2!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How short is too short to really count as breaking 80? 5700 yards is cutting it mighty close? Is it a tight course or just wide open? I appauled the great score you still have to Hit the shots I'm just sparking up Conversation

Way to go man!!! Breaking through the barrier makes getting back there a little easier. 

Here's to getting to even par!!!

• Like 1

Once you do it once, it becomes a lot easier to do on a consistent basis. I was stuck on 80 for a long time. Would have many rounds with 9 holes in the 30s and 9 in the 40s. Once i finally broke through 80 it became more frequent.....caveat that I stink right now!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

How short is too short to really count as breaking 80? 5700 yards is cutting it mighty close? Is it a tight course or just wide open? I appauled the great score you still have to Hit the shots I'm just sparking up Conversation

Fair question: you can lose balls in the woods on just about every single hole: https://www.swingbyswing.com/courses/United-States/MI/Ironwood/Gogebic-Country-Club/19370

• Like 1

5,700 is definitely long enough. Still have to hit the shots as you said but I will personally occasionally play from closer to break mental barriers. For example, I normally play from the tips but was able to break my ceiling of -3 with a round that I played in February from the whites (5,942) and shot bogey free -9

• Like 3

Congratulations, next step break par!👏👏

• Like 1

well done, nice feeling isn't it?

Now you hit 77 you KNOW you can do 75, go on, you can do it.

My course is 5800 yds, short yes but trouble on every hole, no-one breaks par in medals even the scratch and +1 guys (well they have done in the past but it's rare)

I got down to 4 on my previous course which was nearer 6900 yds, moved here and thought I would smash it. It has smashed me nearly every week.

Length is overrated..........ask my wife  :lol:

• Like 3

Congrats and now you'll be like a fox in a chicken pen.   Once you get a taste of breaking 80, you'll be back again!  :D

• Like 1

I'd put this in the same category as a 30 yard hole in one or a 300 yard hole in one. Same thing.

• Like 2

Just as long as it isn't a putt putt course.

Who cares if it was short - great, great job! 

Sometimes the number is the barrier more than the course - get used to shooting a certain number and you may find that you are able to shoot it on a longer, tougher track too - it's kind of like the speed training that we've been discussing elsewhere - train your body to swing faster and it does.

• Like 2

Congrats Mpat.  My home course plays about 5900 or 5950 from the regular tee. It's not a cake walk at that distance. I know a bunch of players that struggle all the time breaking 80. Some never do! And then we have the guys that can't give up the Ghost and still play the tips claiming the course is too short from the mens reg. tee and for their awesome game. These guys can't break an egg from any distance. Especially the back tee.

Congrats on breaking through to the other side!!

• Like 1