TESTERS WANTED! ×

Traverse City Courses

pbland

I'm heading to Traverse City in 2 weeks and staying on Lake Bellaire. I know The Bear is up there and Shanty Creek. Any others? I want to play Cedar River. Is Schuss Mountain any good?

I'm heading to Traverse City in 2 weeks and staying on Lake Bellaire. I know The Bear is up there and Shanty Creek. Any others? I want to play Cedar River. Is Schuss Mountain any good?

Play Acadia Bluffs!! And there is Dunmaglaus in Charlevoix, heck of a course! I'll make you up a list. I'm from the area.

- Alan

Thanks Alan. I would love to play Arcadia, as it's been on my list for some time, but I've got the family with me and Bellaire is about 2 hrs from AB, so that would be an all day venture. Some other time. I'll look into Dunmaglaus. Haven't heard of it.

-Paul

Find a friend who knows somebody, and play Crystal Downs in Frankfort

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

You could also try to get on Kingsley club. Another good track

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I had found that one and it looks nice, but it's private, right?

There's a little gem over in the lelanau peninsula call Manitou passage. Built on the side of an old ski hill. It's about 45 min from traverse city. Just head west and go through suttons bay and then get to M22 and you won't miss it. I go up to that area every year and the sand based courses is hard to get used to but the views on some of the holes is outstanding. You could make it a day trip and travel north after your round and go through Leland and continue north to North Port. And then take M22 up and around back to traverse city. Of course I'm gonna recommend Acadia but it's a hike down south but well worth it. Message me if you have any questions. That area is my getaway. I love the northwest part of Michigan. (I'm a resident of Wisconsin btw)

Thanks 4567jhl and mckean_sam for the Manitou recommendation. But being on Lake Bellaire which looks to be about 10-15 mins from Traverse, I don't feel like spending close to an hour driving each way. I think I've found some nice courses that are literally right next door to me: The Chief and Shanty Creek. I know Cedar River at Shanty is ranked in Golf Digest's top state courses. The Chief, while on the short side, looks real interesting.

Locenheath

Belvedere in Charlevoix (Tom Watson favorite)

Bay Harbor

Crooked Tree

Just read this article about the updates made to Belvedere:

http://digitalmag.globalgolfpost.com/20170710/GAM#&pageSet=13&page=0&contentItem=undefined

Sent from my LG-TP260 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Archived