#16 Jmikecpa

Jmikecpa

AGENT NAME: FT.WORTH

• Members
  • 4,375 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Handicap:0.5

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:46 AM

I think you made the right call. Why don't you head to Bandon for a few days on one of your trips to Vegas. At least you are out west already.

That is the plan or get a vendor to invite me at another time when I have a few days free.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In the Bag

:titelist-small: 917 D3 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 05

:titelist-small: 917 F2 15* Oban Devotion 75 06

:titelist-small: 818 H2 19* Tensei Pro White 90x

:titelist-small: 712u 3 Fujikura Pro 95x

:titelist-small: 716 TMB 4 - PW TTDG AMT S300

:titelist-small: SM6 52* (F) & 58* (K) TTDG S300

:cameron-small: Futura X 34"

#17 danblyth

danblyth

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:50 AM

Hi, having played all of them during a visit in spring 2015, I have to say that while you're missing out not fitting them all in - I would certainly not miss trails out. In my opinion Trails ranks higher than old mac - I found the front 9 to be pretty weak in all honesty and while it does recover somewhat on the back I found trails to be much more memorable and to provide a sterner test.

Either way - have a great trip, and make sure you take in all there is to see and do while in the Pacific NW!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

#18 Kenny B

Kenny B

AGENT NAME: PHOENIX

• Members

• 9,673 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA
  • Handicap:9.0

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

I received the Bandon Dunes "magazine" today in my inbox.  Some of you might also get it, but here is the link.  It is a promo, but has a lot of information about the courses.

http://www.epubxmag....0135-2018/0?m4=

#19 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,755 posts
  • LocationW. Texas
  • Handicap:63

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:59 PM

Thanks Kenny for the link to Bandon. I just scrolled through the pages looking at the photos and remembering. I've only been once but it was quite the experience. This type of golf isn't my fav but...it's so unique and different that I appreciate it. Memories?... the golf courses. After that... the courses. Then there is the food. Excellent!!! I've said before I think; that I wouldn't return but today I'm thinking I would. It's such an interesting place and the golf is difficult. Like the turf. Especially putting. I think I read a small blurb in the magazine that you don't play for score. Maybe so. I know I didn't score all that well on the courses but it was one hell of a challenge to put it lightly.

Almost forgot... the par three course was a blast too and I played it pretty good I recall.

My  :wilson_staff_small:  bag currently includes:    TWGT 771CSI 4i - PW and TWGT PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

TM SLDR 14° D, TWGT 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Edel Willimette w/SuperStroke Slim

#20 Lefty78

Lefty78

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNorth Georgia
  • Handicap:10

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:33 AM

Good mag, the place is special for golfers.  I've been twice and probably going this year if I can work it out to get both son-in-laws there at the same time.     

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G 400 

Fairway: Ping G 400, 5 

Hybrids: Ping G 25,  4

Irons:  Taylormade P 790, 4 through 9, Titleist AP2 712, PW and LW

Wedges:  Titleist  54  and 58

Putter:  Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

#21 chisag

chisag

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationChicago Suburbs
  • Handicap:+1

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:42 AM

... Has anyone played at Bandon with light winds? Or is it always screaming and that is all part of the experience? The day we walked the course it had to be 25+. 

Driver:   Cobra F8/F8+ ... Even Flow Blue 65s

Fw wood: Cobra F8 15* ... Even Flow Blue 75s

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 21.5* Altus 85hys 

Utility:  Exotics CBX Iron Wood 17* ... HZRDUS Black 85 Hys

Irons:  4-pw TaylorMade P790 Recoil Prototype 95's

Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7 D Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s

Putter:  Bobby Grace 6330 at 33.25"

Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

#22 GolfJunkie302

GolfJunkie302

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Handicap:5.2

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:56 AM

... Has anyone played at Bandon with light winds? Or is it always screaming and that is all part of the experience? The day we walked the course it had to be 25+.

I have a friend who played two years in a row in perfect weather with little wind. Not sure how you get that lucky. But I guess it is missing a little of the true Bandon experience.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
2017 TaylorMade M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
Mizuno JPX EZ 3 wood
Cobra Fly Z 4H
TaylorMade SLDR 4i-GW, KBS Tour C-Taper 90
Mizuno S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Titleist Pro V1x

#23 Lefty78

Lefty78

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNorth Georgia

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:11 AM

The wind hasn't been too bad for me, it will probably be be windy most days.  My S I L and his dad played in 40-50 winds, they have stories about blowing their caddie down and such.  I have played in pouring rain, they gave me a waterproof score card that day.  But the pencil marks washed off it, all I can see is the impression of the pencil marks.  

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G 400 

Fairway: Ping G 400, 5 

Hybrids: Ping G 25,  4

Irons:  Taylormade P 790, 4 through 9, Titleist AP2 712, PW and LW

Wedges:  Titleist  54  and 58

Putter:  Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

#24 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,755 posts
  • LocationW. Texas
  • Handicap:63

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:25 PM

When we were there we experienced all weather conditions.. except Wind! My group played in late May just before Memorial Day I recall. It was fitting that when we were driving in it was a sunny beautiful day. Than as we made our final turn leading directly to the courses it started getting foggy. Our first round was on Pacific and the day again was beautiful until we approached about midway into the back 9. Fog rolled in and the course became almost invisible. Later with a couple of holes left it lifted and the sun broke through. Made for an interesting round.

I'm glad we didn't experience the winds Bandon is so famous for. We did encounter a few instances where there was heavy mist or an occasional shower but all told I'd have to say the weather was very good.

One mistake I made playing Bandon was trying to play the courses like I'd play at home. Wrong! What would I do differently next time? Probably play the ball closer to the ground and take my caddie advice more often. We had good ones I thought and they knew what they were talking about. These courses play hard and fast. Or is that fast and hard?

My  :wilson_staff_small:  bag currently includes:    TWGT 771CSI 4i - PW and TWGT PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

TM SLDR 14° D, TWGT 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Edel Willimette w/SuperStroke Slim

#25 Kenny B

Kenny B

AGENT NAME: PHOENIX

• Members

• 9,673 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA
  • Handicap:9.0

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:06 PM

Weather on the Oregon coast can be a crap shoot.  I grew up an hour away from Newport.  I've seen very nice days in December with no wind and I've seen lots of wind in mid-summer.  As they say, "It is what it is" and part of the experience.  I'm cheap though.  I can drive there in a day, and I will be looking for a calm 5 day forecast this winter and hope for the best.

#26 MeanMachine22

MeanMachine22

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:06 AM

Whatever the cost and effort, it’s worth it. The Bandon group of courses is as good as it gets. It’s an experience I’ll never forget. Wind is great. I hit a 458 drive downwind over the green and a 165 yard driver straight into the teeth. I’d go back any time.
Driver: Ping G25 10.5 degrees, Tour S-flex
5 Wood - Ping G25 18 degrees, 3 wood shaft, Tour S-flex
7 Wood- Ping G25 21 degrees, Tour S-flex
Hybrid - Ping G25 23 degrees, Tour S-flex
4 iron - Ping G2, Z-Z65 shaft, white dot
PW - 5 iron- Ping I3, Z-Z65 shaft, white dot
56/60 degree - Ping M/B wedge, Z-Z65 shaft, white dot
All with I3 gold gripsPutter - Nike Core Method Drone 44” (aka “The Assassin).
Golf Ball - Pro VI

#27 Thin2win

Thin2win

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Handicap:6.8

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:13 AM

Whatever the cost and effort, it’s worth it. The Bandon group of courses is as good as it gets. It’s an experience I’ll never forget. Wind is great. I hit a 458 drive downwind over the green and a 165 yard driver straight into the teeth. I’d go back any time.

The wind is real at Bandon. But it adds to the experience. I have played #11 on Pacific with winds going each way. It's only 150 yards and I have used a 3 iron and a 56 wedge to reach it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:     :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5* Alta CB Stiff, 43.75"

FW Wood:    :cobra-small:  F7 14.5*,   :cobra-small: F7 19*

Hybrids:    :cobra-small: F7 22*

Irons:    :ping-small: i200 4-PW, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 105, stiff

Wedges:    :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 3 Forged 52* & 56*

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69*lie, 4* loft, 32.75"

#28 KevinJ

KevinJ

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Handicap:13

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

There are a few, flying into North Bend Oregon is the closest way, but the price is high looking at about $800.00 round trip from Portland.  The best best is to fly into Eugene Oregon rent a car and drive the 130 miles there.  Great drive through the mountains and down the coast.  Forgot to add, the flight from PDX to Eugene is about $200.00 plus bag fees round trip

JPX 850 Forged, Stiff Flex 2 Deg toe up

Ping Driver G-25 8.5 degree x stiff shaft

Ping G 25 3 wood, and hybrid

Right Handed

Portland Or

Handicap 12.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      13 Jul
    tlesirge

Retired and now loving my golf. Trouble is developed golf elbow. Any suggestions folks

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      11 Jul
    Macdiesel

Anyone out there wear or have worn New Balance spikes? In my opinion they make a pretty good shoe. As of late they have worked there way into the baseball scene and appears they have done quite well.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors