TESTERS WANTED! ×

What golf ball do you play?

I have been testing the Srixon Q star Tour.

Played the TP5 Thursday, Sunday will be pulling them out again.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I probably switch balls more than I should. Right now I am really enjoy the Titlest TruSoft DT and the Bridgestone e6 Soft. I also play the B330RX and Chrome Soft a lot, but losing those make my wallet cry everytime.

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was fitted for the B330-RX at Bridgestone HQ. However, they don't always fit my budget...

I play Srixon Q-Stars pretty often, as the price on GolfBalls.com is usually good. Not the same as the 330, but when it comes to playing golf, or playing with a higher quality ball, I'll play golf.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Just switched, after much testing and reluctance, to the TP5x. I have played the ProV1x for many years and always said if anything better came out I would switch. For me, that hadn't happened until the TP5x. It's just a better ball for my game!

Just ordered 4 dozen Z Stars as it has proven over the last few rounds to be the best ball among the ones I've played this year.

ProV1, ProVX, Chrome Soft, TP5 and 5X, RXS, RX, E6, Q Star, Q Star Tour and XV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I purchase more Bridgestone products than anything else as I'm trying to support a company that has a facility right across the state from me in Covington, Ga. Plus their lower tier balls are budget friendly and work well for me.   I play with the E6, Treo, Fix, and the new Soft is a good ball IMO. I also like the Callaway Chrome Soft balls & the new Srixon Q-Star Tour balls. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

... I have been playing Z Stars for several years now and have been very happy with their performance. But I tried some TP5x a little while ago and I have switched to them. The TP5x is most definitely the longest ball I have hit off the tee, and it is also a few yds longer off my irons. Green side spin is not quite what the 2017 Z Star is but so close I had to do side by sides to tell the difference, and it is minimal. Fwiw, I tried the TP5 and it is not as long as the TP5x for me, ymmv. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Been playing Bridgestone b330's this year but picked up a box of tp5x's to try. Thru one round I'm undecided. Definitely a little "harder" feeling than the b330's and not sure the durability is as good. They do seem to "hop and stop" on the green and I did gain some distance off the tee.

I really enjoy the Vice Pro. Played Chrome Soft alot lately, and is probably my favorite around the greens. Bought a sleeve of TM TP5X's and really enjoyed them. Bought 4 dozen for price of 3. The order is almost a month late, so TM threw in another free dozen! Waiting for my order to arrive next week!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I played yesterday with the Chrome Soft X and had the best driving day in years, was it the ball?? Who knows? But I really like the way it performed in all areas.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I really enjoy the Vice Pro. Played Chrome Soft alot lately, and is probably my favorite around the greens. Bought a sleeve of TM TP5X's and really enjoyed them. Bought 4 dozen for price of 3. The order is almost a month late, so TM threw in another free dozen! Waiting for my order to arrive next week!

... We are lucky to have so many good urethane covered balls available. I had my low round of the season last August playing my first round with a Vice Pro+. Obviously it wasn't the ball, but I think it shows the VP+  is just as good as any of the other urethane covered balls. Other than gaining distance with a specific ball like I have with the TP5x, I think I could play at least 4 or 5 different balls and not be able to tell any difference in score or performance. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... We are lucky to have so many good urethane covered balls available. I had my low round of the season last August playing my first round with a Vice Pro+. Obviously it wasn't the ball, but I think it shows the VP+  is just as good as any of the other urethane covered balls. Other than gaining distance with a specific ball like I have with the TP5x, I think I could play at least 4 or 5 different balls and not be able to tell any difference in score or performance. 

As I am testing the VP+ I'm finding that it is really, really good. The only difference I could tell over the TP5x was the feel on the putter. The VP+ seems to feel like it kinda "grabs" off the putter face. It's a little off-putting, but I think I could get used to it at the price point of almost half the cost of the v1x and tp5x. I'm not close to shooting under par, and it's not the ball's fault. I wanted to test the durability of the VP+ vs the TP5x but unfortunately the trees swallowed the sleeve of TP5x up. Damn trees must've been brand whores, or the TP5x spins more than I can control.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I purchase more Bridgestone products than anything else as I'm trying to support a company that has a facility right across the state from me in Covington, Ga. Plus their lower tier balls are budget friendly and work well for me.   I play with the E6, Treo, Fix, and the new Soft is a good ball IMO. I also like the Callaway Chrome Soft balls & the new Srixon Q-Star Tour balls. 

I loved the Treo Softs but I think they quit making them

I went back to the Pro Vs both of them. I had did a trade deal and ended up with 4 dz brand new older 392 Pro Vs which IMHO is the best they ever made. But I also have a local source I get grade AAAA used ones cheap in fact less for a dozen than brand new Srixon Soft Feels at Wally World. Hit another smoking hot deal on some older 392 Pro Vs the other night. Seems this vendor I know that sells used balls at the flea market can not get folks to buy the used older 392s. They pick through them so he sold me 4 dozen for $5 per dozen and they are a mix of grade AAs and probably A grade. So I have a stock of Pro Vs for now. Now when I play persimmon vintage of Hickory vintage I play the Soft Feels or the Cally Super Soft balls

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I loved the Treo Softs but I think they quit making them

I went back to the Pro Vs both of them. I had did a trade deal and ended up with 4 dz brand new older 392 Pro Vs which IMHO is the best they ever made. But I also have a local source I get grade AAAA used ones cheap in fact less for a dozen than brand new Srixon Soft Feels at Wally World. Hit another smoking hot deal on some older 392 Pro Vs the other night. Seems this vendor I know that sells used balls at the flea market can not get folks to buy the used older 392s. They pick through them so he sold me 4 dozen for $5 per dozen and they are a mix of grade AAs and probably A grade. So I have a stock of Pro Vs for now. Now when I play persimmon vintage of Hickory vintage I play the Soft Feels or the Cally Super Soft balls

Yea I was disappointed the last time I looked in Dick's and they were no where to be found.  Damn good ball for the buck

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

The ball I play depends on the conditions. If it's dry and greens are rock hard I'm either playing TP5, Pro V1, or the Srixon V Stars. I personally do not find much of a difference with my swing between the three. So it's all a matter of what I was in the mood to play when I was at the store. They all spin similarly for me and I find the all give me same reaction around the greens. However, if the greens are soft I most certainly need a ball with much less spin creating effects as I am no pro and have a hard time controlling spin on my full shots, something I am working on, so in this case I will play a Taylormade Lethal or a Titleist NXT Tour.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: It's called an eraser. ~Arnie

Currently playing the Srixon Q Star Tour and I have nothing bad to say about it. I love the way it performs for me from tee to green. Soft feel and checks up real nice around the greens. I would definitely game these balls until something can beat it with performance and price.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I've been a Pro-V-1 or Pro-V-1X player for years, but I've been trying some new balls this summer. I played the Snell MTB for a couple of months and found it very similar to the Pro-V-1X. Currently, I'm trying the TM TP5X. It seems to be a little longer off the tee and performs pretty well around the greens. My next test will be the TP5. I also plan to try the Callaway Chrome Soft. I'll post again once my "test" is finished.

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

I've been playing the TP5X for the entire year and I like them a lot. I am however looking for some low spin balls though- thinking of trying something different

KB

Cobra LS - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 7x

Cobra F9 3w- Fujikura Tour Spec 2.0 8x

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW

Taylormade Hi-Toe 50,54, 58 wedges 

Evnroll ER2

Ohio

6 handicap 

I'm always toying around with different balls trying to see if there is something I like, but I still can't find one that I play better than the Bridgestone Tour B330.  I'll play the Pro V1 every now and then, but the Bridgestone is still my favorite ball.  

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

I am one of those guys that is always looking at performance/price ratio with everything. I cannot bring myself to spend the $$$ on Pro 's. That said, last couple of seasons I really liked the Taylormade Project (a) balls.

This year, I've been trying out the niche brands, so far Vice and On Core. I really, really liked the Vice Pro+ and may go back to them at some point, but right now I am gaming the On Core Avant. I love this ball. It's lower compression, is long, but has great feel around the greens. Everyone should try them once, anyway.

Sent from my 831C using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My current gamer is the Taylormade project A, absolutely love this ball. I'm currently testing the Vice Pro golf ball for the forum. 

Check out our forum review at the link below.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/20588-official-forum-member-review-vice-propro-plus-golf-balls/

my opinion of them so far is if you like the ProV1 you'll like this ball.

Driver - Ping G5 10.5

3W & 5W - Taylormade aeroburner 

Irons - Cobra Amp cell 4-GW 

Wedge - Titleist Volky 60deg

Putter - Odyssey V-7 tank superstoke long grip

I never thought I'd end playing then, but I'm now playing the Top Flight Gamer Tour (I still think rock flight every time I see them). I went through and tried a number of balls each for a round or two (e6 soft, project a, hexsoft even the pro v1) and for me the Gamer gave me the best combination of distance, feel and spin. I prefer a solid, almost hard feel off the tee and a soft solid but not spongy feel with short irons and wedges. I haven't ripped the urethane cover with a wedge but after a round it does start to show a little wear.

I did play the Gamer (non tour) and Gamer soft and I definitely got more distance. The regular Gamer gave me almost 10 to 15 yrds more consistently. Problem was I couldn't get the spin with wedges and short irons I needed.

Best part, I was at galaxy golf last week and saw they had them on sale/clearance and were only $10 a dozen! So I'm pretty much set for awhile now.

Sent via Pony Express

I am messing around right now ball wise. Trying the B330S,RX, and the Z Star. Going to go out early next week and play a round or two. So far I think I like the Z Star over the B330S... but want to try the RX as well.

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

I have around 25 rounds under my belt this year and have tried q star tour, snell mtb, z star, duo, duo u, gamer soft, gamer, chrome soft and e6 speed. At the end of the day 20 rounds shooting 85-95 and 5 rounds shooting 79-82. All low rounds were with the e6 speed. I want a ball that stops on the greens and it doesn't, I want a ball I can shape off the tee and it doesn't but damn for whatever reason I just score better with that ball than anything else. I guess Bridgestone is right when they say their 3,000,000 ball fittings are why they created the e6 for guys like me.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I have around 25 rounds under my belt this year and have tried q star tour, snell mtb, z star, duo, duo u, gamer soft, gamer, chrome soft and e6 speed. At the end of the day 20 rounds shooting 85-95 and 5 rounds shooting 79-82. All low rounds were with the e6 speed. I want a ball that stops on the greens and it doesn't, I want a ball I can shape off the tee and it doesn't but damn for whatever reason I just score better with that ball than anything else. I guess Bridgestone is right when they say their 3,000,000 ball fittings are why they created the e6 for guys like me.

Have you tried the e6 soft? I played that a few rounds and felt I could get some decent spin from my wedges and short irons around the green. Not sure about shaping it off the tee, but maybe that might be the happy medium you're looking for?

For me it's the Snell MTB. Love the flight, feel and amount of spin I get with the ball. I play a lot on courses near the ocean so I get a lot of wind and it holds up pretty well in the wind. I have the TP5X as my back up ball.

In My Bag

TM Stealth +, PX T1100 ,6.5 

TM Stealth+ Rocket 3W, PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5

TM Stealth 5W, PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon GOST 95HX

TM P790 5-PW TT DG X100

TM Hi Toe Raw 50, 54, 58

Evnroll ER5 

Snell MTB X YELLOW