Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What golf ball do you play?

The Callaway Supersoft is an amazing performer for the price point (you won't believe it), so that's what I like to grab when in need. Otherwise, I'm buying the Vice Pro+ five at a time.

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Tour 65 S 
:ping-small: G400 14.5*, Tour 75 S

:ping-small: G400 17.5*, Alta CB 65 S
:srixon-small: ZU65 23*, Miyazaki Kayla 7S

:srixon-small: Z765 5-7 / Z965 8-P, AMT Tour White S300
:callaway-small: MD2 50*, MD2 Tour Grind 54*, 58*
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten S
:bridgestone-small: Tour B RX
:ping-small: Hoofer 14

Snell MTB's here too.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  Mizuno JPX-900

3 Wood:  Mizuno JPX-900

3 Hybrid:  Mizuno JPX-900

4 Hybrid:  Mizuno JPX-900

Irons:  (5-6) Mizuno MH-5, (7-PW) Mizuno MP-5

50°:  Mizuno S18 (Gun Metal)

54°:  Mizuno S18 (Gun Metal)

58°:  Mizuno S18 (Gun Metal)

Putter:  Odyssey O-Works #9 (WBW)

Ball: Snell MTB-Red

I switch between the Srixon Z Star and XV depending on the course and conditions.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Switched from ProV1x to a Vice Pro Plus. Love the ball. Better performance spinning the ball around the greens. My irons seem to be slightly longer when compressed well and no loss off the driver. Highly recommend the Vice. Only drawback is they can scuff really easy. I'll hit a hard spinny wedge and have cuts all over the ball. Only counterbalance is they are such a good deal that I don't min playing one round or so per ball. I usually order 5 dozen at a time and the pricing is around $25 per dozen at that amount.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway 815 DBD Irons: New Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15's with KBS C-Taper Stiff Flex Shafts 21,25,29,33,37,41,45 Wedges: Ben Hogan TK with KBS Tour V Stiff Flex Shafts 52,56,60 Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

I'm currently playing Callaway Chromesoft (yellow), but with the member reviews, I'm considering trying the Srixon Q-Star Tour or the Vice Pro Soft. Both of those balls have appeared to rate favorably among the members using Chromesoft. To be honest, I would have tried the Q-Star Tour a long time ago if they had released it in yellow.. I've gotten so used to playing a yellow ball that I have been hesitant going back to white..

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

Forte SS3. Longest ball ive hit. Only thing I need to get my head around is the extra release on the greens.

<p><strong>Driver: </strong><em>Ping G400 Max 9*</em><em>, VTS silver S </em><strong>Fairway 5: </strong><em>Cobra F7, VTS silver S</em><strong>Hybrid 4: </strong><em>Ping G400, VTS silver S</em><strong>Irons 5-PW: </strong><em>Srixon Z765, Steelfiber i110cw</em><strong>Wedges:</strong> <em>Grindworks 50F/56F/60F 86 Series</em><strong>Putter: </strong><em>Evnroll ER2 CS</em><strong>Bag/ Buggy:</strong><em> Bagboy Hybrid Chiller/ Caddy Tek EZ Fold</em><strong>Ball: </strong><em>Q Star Tour</em>

Just pulled off a 79 with 10 GIR. Like these 16/17 B330-RXS balls

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

... I played a ball that really surprised me this week. Greens were soft and it was crazy windy so I pulled out a Srixon Tri Speed Tour ball and had a very good round with it. Played pretty much like a premium ball from tee to green other than one aggressive chip I needed to stop immediately that rolled out a little more than it would with a TP5x. It performed surprisingly well on chips and pitches and will make a good cold weather ball.I have played this ball on normal harder, faster greens and it was unacceptable, but with the soft slow greens it performed OK. And on sale at $30 for 2 dozen it is quite a bargain. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I played the Srixon Z-Star XV for the first time last week.

Absolutely loved it.

Srixon Z545 Driver

Cleveland Classic 5 wood

Cleveland Mashie #3 Hybrid

Srixon H45 #4 Hybrid

Srixon Z-565 irons (5-PW)

Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges (48° & 56°)

Cleveland CBX 60° wedge

Cleveland TFi Cero putter

Srixon Z-Star XV

• 1 month later...

as a relatively new returnee to the game ( no golf for 30 years). I bought a dozen Wilson pro staff whatevers. I was on the Wilson free racket list in college (68-72) and just buy Wilson stuff reactively. Back in the 70's early 80's Wilson pro staffs were second only to Titlest and much more durable. My playing partners were quite dismissive of my choice so I got some Calloways. They all seem the same to me except the range balls that feel like rocks and a brand new pinnacle I found that has a harder feel than the Calloways. I am gussing my driver swing speed is about 90???. Does any ball make a difference?

I've been playing B330s for a while. My local shop was cutting me a deal of 4 dozen for $100 so I was buying them up. However; I'm running low, and can't get the same deal anymore. I've tried the e6 soft and speed and a few other brands like Mojo, Wilson marshmallows (not the duos, but don't remember the exact name), Titleist NXTs, and Callaways Chromes. I even have a dozen pro-v1s and have yet to play them.

From what I've seen, the 330s have been the best, because of the stopping power on greens. My dozen pro-v1s won't get any play time unless I lose every 330s I have lol. However; every other ball I have to adjust for more roll than what I see with the 330s. The e6s are easily the straightest and longest that I've seen flight wise. The spinning of the two is a bit better around the green. The Wilson marshmallows as I call them, feel like hitting marshmallows. They aren't duos, but they were horrible. I saw no real difference between Mojo, NXTs, and Chromes.

The 330s is absolutely great at short stops and allows me to attack the pin more aggressively. I didn't believe the hype over a tour ball until I played them. However; I will most likely transition over to an e6 because they are cheaper, and what Bridgestone recommends I play. That is unless I can get the 330s cheap again :D.

I've already posted here, but after the performance of my TP5X recently on the greens, and the distance I've been seeing, even into the wind, there can't be many better balls out there. I've never had a ball back-up like this one on full or partial shots. If you haven't tried these, you need to!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Bridgestone B330

Driver-    Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Aldila Rouge Max 75X 

3 Wood- Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rouge Max 85X

Hybrid-   Callaway GBB Epic 19 UST Recoil F4

Irons-      Callaway CF Apex 16'  4-PW S300

Wedges- Titleist SM6 GW/SW/LW S300

Putter-    Ping Anser Sigma G w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Ball-        Bridgestone B330/ TaylorMade TP4/ Titleist ProV1

Grips-     Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey

I play whatever Urethane covered, 3 or 4 layer ball happens to be on sale at the moment.  My game isn't at the level where I can discern distance, spin or trajectory differences between the tour caliber balls so I go with what I can get.  Currently, I have stockpiled 6 Dozen B330RX's, 6 Dozen titlelist ProV1's,  and 2 or 3 dozen Srixon Z*Stars.  Not playing enough to really stockpile more, but if a sale is tempting enough, then I'll go pick up a few extra dozen.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Played the Bridgestone B330 for years. But this year I switched to the Snell MTB and I LOVE it! I just bought 2 dozen K-sigs and I will try these for fun. I've pitched, chipped and putted with them and have been impressed so far. And, the price is right. They will have to really impress me to get me to switch from the Snell.

Been playing the Bridgestone b330-rx lately, was playing the srixon z-star xv. Both I would highly recommend, low spin off the tee, with hard distance. Around the green super soft. mid to high irons, so soft coming into greens, depending on trajectory. Try them out!!

RossCJohnson

Titliest dttrusoft, I have tried several others and Callaway super soft almost earned a spot in my bag but the titliest is just the best for me

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Pro V1x and Mizuno MP s, both feel the best for me.

PXG 0811x Paderson Kinetixx IMRT

Titleist 917 F3 15 GD AD DI 70

818 H2

818 H1

718 AP2 5-PW

PXG 0311t 5-PW

50 SM6 F GrindVokey

56 SM6 M Grind

60 SM6 M Grind

Bettinardi SS3

I've played the RZN balls, vice pro/pro+, prov1, Mizuno mp-s and mp-x, tp5x, and chromesoft. Favorite so far are the vice pro and chromesoft, the chromesoft feels like a longer version of the vice pro. I don't like the lower trajectory I get out of the higher compression balls, and I feel like I have more control into the greens with the softer ones as well.

Super stoked to try the new Tour B lineup. As soon as the rain clears up I'm hitting the practice greens, and once I find one I like in the short game, I'll put it in play on Saturday.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

This summer I have been experimenting with several balls......Chrome Soft, TP5, ProV1, Maxfli SoftFli, VP Soft, Kick X Tour, and many others. My game has been in the slumps lately and I have been reaching for ways to right it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

You're not alone in the slump.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I've played the RZN balls, vice pro/pro+, prov1, Mizuno mp-s and mp-x, tp5x, and chromesoft. Favorite so far are the vice pro and chromesoft, the chromesoft feels like a longer version of the vice pro. I don't like the lower trajectory I get out of the higher compression balls, and I feel like I have more control into the greens with the softer ones as well.

Super stoked to try the new Tour B lineup. As soon as the rain clears up I'm hitting the practice greens, and once I find one I like in the short game, I'll put it in play on Saturday.

I've played 2 of the 4 new Tour B balls.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

... You said you tried the TP5x? I found it has a higher trajectory than most premium balls with low spin off the driver and longer clubs which is the magic formula for more distance. Yet with shorter clubs it spins as much as any other premium ball I have played. It isn't quite as soft around the greens as a Z Star, etc but has very similar performance. Fwiw, I really liked the 2016 TPx but preferred the Z Star. The TP5x is now my favorite ball, but I do think the premium balls are all so good today it often comes down to a personal preference. 

... You said you tried the TP5x? I found it has a higher trajectory than most premium balls with low spin off the driver and longer clubs which is the magic formula for more distance. Yet with shorter clubs it spins as much as any other premium ball I have played. It isn't quite as soft around the greens as a Z Star, etc but has very similar performance. Fwiw, I really liked the 2016 TPx but preferred the Z Star. The TP5x is now my favorite ball, but I do think the premium balls are all so good today it often comes down to a personal preference. 

Yeah I tried this years TP5x, it was definitely long off the driver, but I was just not used to such a penetrating ball flight into greens -- it was uncomfortable not knowing whether or not I was going to hold them. I was probably over-thinking it, but it messed me up so I went back to a softer feeling, lower compression ball

I'll have the 4 piece Cut Golf ball in action going forward. Good performance so far.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I'll have the 4 piece Cut Golf ball in action going forward. Good performance so far.

Tazz

I saw the new Cut Grey and it really intrigues me. BTW, did you end up liking those Asher gloves?

Yeah I tried this years TP5x, it was definitely long off the driver, but I was just not used to such a penetrating ball flight into greens -- it was uncomfortable not knowing whether or not I was going to hold them. I was probably over-thinking it, but it messed me up so I went back to a softer feeling, lower compression ball

... I am a big fan of going with what feels comfortable, and that sounds like a low compression ball for you. It is interesting that you were getting a lower flight with the TP5x as too high of a trajectory and too much carry is a common complaint. I do see too many working too hard for the equipment instead of making the equipment work for them. If a ball doesn't work for you, regardless of how much it theoretically should, move on to ones that do work for you because there are plenty of choices.

... And based on your experience with the TP5x, I would not worry about there being no Kirkland Signatures in Hawaii as I find their performance very similar to the TP5x. 

I saw the new Cut Grey and it really intrigues me. BTW, did you end up liking those Asher gloves?

Negative on the gloves.

They wear a hole in the thumb. Asher said it's my grip pressure. Funny, none of my other gloves do this. So I ordered some gloves from MG Golf. Old reliable.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Titliest dttrusoft, I have tried several others and Callaway super soft almost earned a spot in my bag but the titliest is just the best for me

I found one of these the other day and put it in play.  It was hotter than a two dollar pistol and landed like a butter fly with sore feet!  I checked them out at Dick's today and will be picking up a dozen or two for winter play.  At $21.00 with solid performance, I'm a new fan.  Did I said these things were loooooong!  Titleist DT Trusoft impressive IMO.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Really liked what I got out of the Tour B XS (this year's B330S). Feels as long as the TP5x was, but feels softer and I can get height out of it, even off of my 4i from the fairway it stopped fast from 180 out