TESTERS WANTED! ×

What golf ball do you play?

Over the last year, I have played the following:

Kirkland Signature: I like the feel and I get enough spin on approach shots. You can't beat the price. If I could ever find more, I would stick with this ball.

Vice Pro: This is my current gamer. I feel it does everything that I need...spin, distance, feel off the putter. This has nothing to do with the ball, but I love their brand. The marketing and logo is nice.

Titlesit AVX: I found one of these on the course in Florida and I was really impressed. It seemed like it added distance to my shots and stuck to the green good enough.

Overall, price is one of the largest factors for me. I am not good enough to justify buying ProVs or any other premium ball. So the Vice, Kirkland, or maybe the Snell are perfect for me.

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub Zero

Fairway: 3 wood Callaway Epic Sub Zero

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 3- 5

Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 6- PW

Wedges: Mizuno S5 50, Callaway PM Grind 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey O works 1w

Playing the Vice Pro Plus, switched from the ProV1x... loved them so much that I became an ambassador for Vice Golf. If there are any other Vice fans out there send me a message, I have a promo code for a free sleeve with your order.

I also love the matte look of the Pro Soft, but my swing speed is a little much for them so they aren't the ball for me.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Kirkland Signature: I like the feel and I get enough spin on approach shots. You can't beat the price. If I could ever find more, I would stick with this ball.

Vice Pro: This is my current gamer. I feel it does everything that I need...spin, distance, feel off the putter. This has nothing to do with the ball, but I love their brand. The marketing and logo is nice.

Titlesit AVX: I found one of these on the course in Florida and I was really impressed. It seemed like it added distance to my shots and stuck to the green good enough.

Overall, price is one of the largest factors for me. I am not good enough to justify buying ProVs or any other premium ball. So the Vice, Kirkland, or maybe the Snell are perfect for me.

Agree about Vice, hence my post :)

FYI, Snell are no joke.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Which Snell is similiar to the Vice Pro? I would definitely like to try the Snell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub Zero

Fairway: 3 wood Callaway Epic Sub Zero

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 3- 5

Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 6- PW

Wedges: Mizuno S5 50, Callaway PM Grind 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey O works 1w

Which Snell is similiar to the Vice Pro? I would definitely like to try the Snell.

Not sure but the Snell Red have some Pro V1 characteristics.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Should be a Snell review thread popping up on here sometime soon, you might keep an eye on it to see what other members think.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Went through 2 different balls last year, started out using the Wilson Staff Duo Spin, and loved the feel and the stop around the green and loved the price ($27.99 a box) but wanted to see if I could get a bit more out of a ball as at times if felt like hitting a marshmallow. 

I wanted to try something that might get a bit more performance so tried the Bridgestone RXS and enjoyed the ball, good feel, stop around the greens wasn't a whole lot different, and had a more solid feel.  

I tend to be a tinker when it comes to balls but I'll probably stick with either the Duo or RXS for this season.

Driver: Ping G25 10.5*
Hybrid 3/4: NIke Vapor Fly 20.5, 22.5
Irons: 5 to A Wedge: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged

Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60* Vokey SM4
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 3 (2017)
Ball: Bridgestone RXS
Bag: Callaway

Playing the Vice Pro Plus, switched from the ProV1x... loved them so much that I became an ambassador for Vice Golf. If there are any other Vice fans out there send me a message, I have a promo code for a free sleeve with your order.

I also love the matte look of the Pro Soft, but my swing speed is a little much for them so they aren't the ball for me.

Cheers!

I wish I would have seen this a month ago when I ordered 5 dozen of the Vice Pros... The pro works really well for me. I almost went with the pro+ though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Driver:  :cobra-small: F9, Project X Evenflow White T1100, 6.0 

3 wood:  :cobra-small:  F9, Fujikura Atmos blue,

3 hybrid:   :cobra-small:   F7 19.5 degree stiff flex

Irons: 4-pw   :mizuno-small:  JPX 919 KBS C-Taper  Lite shafts

Wedges:   :cobra-small:   King Black 50, 54, 60 degree KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putters:  Odyssey O-Works  1w 34" w/ Superstroke counterbalanced Pistol GT 2.0 grip

I also picked up a dozen Volvo's Vivids mid season last year. Hard as rocks and couldn't spin or stop them if I tried. Really disappointing. Grabbed a handful of Callaway Truvis Chrome Soft today at the checkout counter. See what I can do with those.

You should try the Volvik S4. I was pleasantly surprised by them. A good ball but it won't kick the Kirkland's or Vice's out of my bag.

Driver:  :cobra-small: F9, Project X Evenflow White T1100, 6.0 

3 wood:  :cobra-small:  F9, Fujikura Atmos blue,

3 hybrid:   :cobra-small:   F7 19.5 degree stiff flex

Irons: 4-pw   :mizuno-small:  JPX 919 KBS C-Taper  Lite shafts

Wedges:   :cobra-small:   King Black 50, 54, 60 degree KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putters:  Odyssey O-Works  1w 34" w/ Superstroke counterbalanced Pistol GT 2.0 grip

I ordered the Vice variety pack last year. First off, what a great idea!  I was pleasantly surprised with all of them actually.  I like the Pro Soft and the matte finish is interesting but I actually found it slightly annoying at how scuffed and dirty they get.  The Vice Drive has an unbelievable sound.  Love the crack that thing makes.  In the end I ordered 5 dozen of the Vice Pro.  I played a variety of balls the past few years and honestly these were indistinguishable to me from a ProV, Chrome Soft or TP5 and at a price point that does not induce duck hooks because I am scared to lose them!  As a high single digit-12 Hcp I want performance at a price and Vice does that best. Based on this forum though I may have to order a couple sleeves of Snell to try out!

Driver: Ping G400LST 8.5* (Set to 7.5*), HZRDS Smoke 6.5, 45 inches

FW: Cobra King LTD, 13.5D*

Hybrid: Titleist 816 19, and 21 Degree, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85s Hybrid

4-GW:  Titleist 718 AP2, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue. S400 Hard stepped

SW: 54* Vokey SM7,14 F-Grind

LW: 58* Vokey SM 7, 08 M-Grind

Putter: Edel

Ball: Pro V1

I ordered the Vice variety pack last year. First off, what a great idea! I was pleasantly surprised with all of them actually. I like the Pro Soft and the matte finish is interesting but I actually found it slightly annoying at how scuffed and dirty they get. The Vice Drive has an unbelievable sound. Love the crack that thing makes. In the end I ordered 5 dozen of the Vice Pro. I played a variety of balls the past few years and honestly these were indistinguishable to me from a ProV, Chrome Soft or TP5 and at a price point that does not induce duck hooks because I am scared to lose them! As a high single digit-12 Hcp I want performance at a price and Vice does that best. Based on this forum though I may have to order a couple sleeves of Snell to try out!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played Callaway Chrome Soft last year. Due to Callaway's price hike I picked up the Australian made Forte SS3 Speed again after the break and don't know why I changed. Great ball. Ordered some SS2's and Tour Performance S to try also.

<p><strong>Driver: </strong><em>Ping G400 Max 9*</em><em>, VTS silver S </em><strong>Fairway 5: </strong><em>Cobra F7, VTS silver S</em><strong>Hybrid 4: </strong><em>Ping G400, VTS silver S</em><strong>Irons 5-PW: </strong><em>Srixon Z765, Steelfiber i110cw</em><strong>Wedges:</strong> <em>Grindworks 50F/56F/60F 86 Series</em><strong>Putter: </strong><em>Evnroll ER2 CS</em><strong>Bag/ Buggy:</strong><em> Bagboy Hybrid Chiller/ Caddy Tek EZ Fold</em><strong>Ball: </strong><em>Q Star Tour</em>

I tend to play softer compression 2 or 3 piece balls. I'm not too picky on brand but I do like to stick with one ball at a time. Right now I'm playing the Duo a lot, but have some Gamer Softs on deck.

Once I've got my swing going a month or so into the season, I'll switch over to the Q Star Tour or Project A.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I picked up some Titleist NXT logo overrun balls, will be starting the season with those.  After that I have a number of Callaway SR balls, but I didn't really like those the last time I tried them.  I will be very tempted to get some Snell balls once the NXTs are gone. 

I tend to play softer compression 2 or 3 piece balls. I'm not too picky on brand but I do like to stick with one ball at a time. Right now I'm playing the Duo a lot, but have some Gamer Softs on deck.

Once I've got my swing going a month or so into the season, I'll switch over to the Q Star Tour or Project A.

... You should take a look at these Urethane covered Maxfli UFi Soft balls. They have some very good deals from time to time. 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/maxfli-ufli-soft-golf-balls-17maxmflsftxxxxxxgbl/17maxmflsftxxxxxxgbl

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... You should take a look at these Urethane covered Maxfli UFi Soft balls. They have some very good deals from time to time. 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/maxfli-ufli-soft-golf-balls-17maxmflsftxxxxxxgbl/17maxmflsftxxxxxxgbl 

Like right now at 2 dozen for $45 with free personalization through tomorrow. I've recently converted to Q Star Tour from the Maxfli U6 LC, but that's only because they don't make my version of it anymore. The Maxfli U line is super solid for a store owned brand. Hell, you can still get the much raved about Maxfli U4 from Golfworks for $15 a box.

EDIT: U4 now sold out, spoke a bit too soon.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Like right now at 2 dozen for $45 with free personalization through tomorrow. I've recently converted to Q Star Tour from the Maxfli U6 LC, but that's only because they don't make my version of it anymore. The Maxfli U line is super solid for a store owned brand. Hell, you can still get the much raved about Maxfli U4 from Golfworks for $15 a box.

EDIT: U4 now sold out, spoke a bit too soon.

Some of those Maxfli U's were really good. Used them as a winter ball a lot of the time!

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I'm a big fan of their SoftFli balls. Excellent value, especially when they're 3/$30 at DSG.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

• 2 weeks later...

I play Callaway ChromeSoft X balls . The new one is not that different from last years ball to me. Both new and old are great off the tee and spin like crazy around the greens. I used to play the regular chromesoft and its a good ball too. As my game got better , i just liked the feel of the firmer x ball. The ChromeSoft X is right in the middle of ProV1 and ProV1x to me. Its not to soft and not too firm , Its the GoldyLocks ball haha. Hit Em Good !!

:callaway-small: Epic 9* driver

:callaway-small: XR 16 3 wood

:callaway-small:  Epic heavenwood

:callaway-small: XR pro 4 hybrid

:callaway-small: Apex CF 16/Pro irons4-AW

:callaway-small: 54* - 58* MD4 wedges

:odyssey-small: putters

MXM #9ht -gamer.

MXM#6

MXM#1 mystery

MXM#7 mystery

MXM 330m mystery

MXM 2-ball

I love the flowneck putters...MXM is the perfect putter line

I play Vice Pro Plus. Really like the way that they perform for my game.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Just lost my last AVX ball from the trial sleeve I was given. Loved the ball, basically it's a yellow ProV1 to me. But not in love with that price. Currently I am trying out the Titleist Tour Soft. My wife bought a golf outing in a silent auction and it came with a dozen. It's a good ball all the way to the green but there's just something I don't like about putting it.

So long story short, took a break from my yellow ChromeSofts to try out the AVX but going back to ChromeSofts. Unless Titleist starts making the ProV1 in yellow.

... Played my last 2 round with the Kirkland Signature 3 piece urethane ball. Greens were aerated and very shaggy and s-l-o-w so hard to tell how the ball would react on pitches and chips to a hard green in good condition. I will not play this ball because as much as I think it is silly to eschew ball for aesthetics IF it works for your game, I just can't get over the look of the glossy finish that reminds me of cheap surlyn covered distance balls. Not to mention I really like the KSig 4 piece that is only $17 a dozen, if I am not playing my reference ball the TP5x. 

... But the reason I posted this, is I have never seen a premium ball with a more durable cover. I usually play a ball for 1 round only and then it goes into my shag bag or I give them to friends. I have had a few balls that still look close to new after one round but usually it has some scuff marks from aggressive wedge play and of course an occasional tree, sprinkler head or other agents that mark the cover. But after 2 rounds the KSig 3 piece literally still looks new. So a urethane covered 3 piece ball that is almost indestructible is going to be a ball many will be interested in playing. Especially at $14 a dozen including shipping. 

How did it play for you Chisag? I'm dying to know about this ball for some reason.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

How did it play for you Chisag? I'm dying to know about this ball for some reason.

... I can't really comment on how it played because the conditions were so bad. Fairways were like light rough and greens were like fairways that had not been cut in few days AND those big aeration holes that really made the ball bounce around on any chip or putt. 

I am putting the TP5 back in play, the Tour B XS feel to soft off the driver.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Anyone played the OnCore Elixrs yet? I want to order some but I wanted to feel out the membership first and see if anyone had tried them.  I know there was an article on them earlier this year, just wanted a bit more info. Any insight is appreciated. Curious about this metal core..... :D

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)