Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What golf ball do you play?

Anyone played the OnCore Elixrs yet? I want to order some but I wanted to feel out the membership first and see if anyone had tried them. I know there was an article on them earlier this year, just wanted a bit more info. Any insight is appreciated. Curious about this metal core..... :D

I ordered a "free" test sleeve from them. ($4.99 shipping) they were pretty good. A good ball none the less, it just didn't wow me. Good greenside spin, but it sounds a little too much for me off the tee.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Driver:  :cobra-small: F9, Project X Evenflow White T1100, 6.0 

3 wood:  :cobra-small:  F9, Fujikura Atmos blue,

3 hybrid:   :cobra-small:   F7 19.5 degree stiff flex

Irons: 4-pw   :mizuno-small:  JPX 919 KBS C-Taper  Lite shafts

Wedges:   :cobra-small:   King Black 50, 54, 60 degree KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putters:  Odyssey O-Works  1w 34" w/ Superstroke counterbalanced Pistol GT 2.0 grip

I ordered a "free" test sleeve from them. ($4.99 shipping) they were pretty good. A good ball none the less, it just didn't wow me. Good greenside spin, but it sounds a little too much for me off the tee.

Is it a fair price point?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Yeah, it is decent pricing online. A single dozen is $35. If you buy 3 dozen they are $33 each, and if you buy 6 dozen it's $30 each. Personally I think that Snell and Vice are better balls, and that is what I usually play. They are also. Right in that same price point. However, I think the Oncore is worth a try, because you might like it more than me.

Putters:  Odyssey O-Works  1w 34" w/ Superstroke counterbalanced Pistol GT 2.0 grip

I should have added that if you are a VIP member with them, which should be free through an account online. You get an additional 5% off. So that makes the pricing good.

I should have added that if you are a VIP member with them, which should be free through an account online. You get an additional 5% off. So that makes the pricing good.

Thanks for the info. I have not tried snell or vice yet. May give all three a shot this season.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

TP5x again today. It was windy and the TP5x shined. Don't think I can use another ball

It's interesting how different golfers (age& handicap) are. I tried the TP5X awhile ago and was not crazy about it at all. Distance was not that great and had problems around the green and wind. My favorite overall is the Chrome Soft. Long off the tee and tried it side by side with other balls and Chrome Soft outperformed them. Now is this due to to my age, slower swing speed etc.? Or was it that I was just playing poorly that couple of rounds when I was playing the TP5x? Questions I'm sure everyone has had.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

It's interesting how different golfers (age& handicap) are. I tried the TP5X awhile ago and was not crazy about it at all. Distance was not that great and had problems around the green and wind. My favorite overall is the Chrome Soft. Long off the tee and tried it side by side with other balls and Chrome Soft outperformed them. Now is this due to to my age, slower swing speed etc.? Or was it that I was just playing poorly that couple of rounds when I was playing the TP5x? Questions I'm sure everyone has had.

... I am guessing a combination of both. TP5x is one of, if not the best wind ball I have played. I remember the first time I played the Lethal in he wind an hit a knockdown 5 iron and after contact thought it would not carry the bunker, but it did with ease. I have been playing them ever since and the TP5x is the best version yet. Excellent green side control too. For me, the Chrome Soft does not spin as well around the green, although not a night and day difference. But as jlukes said, high swing speeds reap more benefits from the TP5x as it launches higher and really carries. For slower swing speeds I can see where the Chrome Soft would be longer and it is a great wind ball too. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Thanks for the info. I have not tried snell or vice yet. May give all three a shot this season.

I'm nearly completed with my eval of the Snell MTB Reds and what I can suggest is that indeed they are a solid ball and definitely worth a shot... :ph34r: 

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I'm nearly completed with my eval of the Snell MTB Reds and what I can suggest is that indeed they are a solid ball and definitely worth a shot... :ph34r:

Yup...

Agree...

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

... I am guessing a combination of both. TP5x is one of, if not the best wind ball I have played. I remember the first time I played the Lethal in he wind an hit a knockdown 5 iron and after contact thought it would not carry the bunker, but it did with ease. I have been playing them ever since and the TP5x is the best version yet. Excellent green side control too. For me, the Chrome Soft does not spin as well around the green, although not a night and day difference. But as jlukes said, high swing speeds reap more benefits from the TP5x as it launches higher and really carries. For slower swing speeds I can see where the Chrome Soft would be longer and it is a great wind ball too.

What do you think is the main reason for the superior wind performance? Launch/spin characteristics? Dimple pattern promoting superior aerodynamics?

What do you think is the main reason for the superior wind performance? Launch/spin characteristics? Dimple pattern promoting superior aerodynamics?

I'd say it's the lower spin and dimples, but that's just me parroting their own marketing claims. After another 9 with them, I'm about to make the 5witch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

... Yungkory is spot on. TM's VP of Golf Ball Design was so excited about the Lethal when it first came out. He said they worked forever to get the spin/launch angle and dimple pattern* correct to allow the ball to stop and/or back up on the green but carry in the wind without ballooning. I think the TP5x is the final product after years of tweaking the Lethal. For you distance is not an issue, but at 65 I am still hanging on to my traditional distance and have actually picked up a few yards with the combination of P790's and the TP5x. 

* He told me how changing the depth or circumference of a dimple in the smallest degree can change the flight and especially the wind performance, it made me realize if true, the seam has to make a difference. How much is a guess and it may not even effect performance for someone of my caliber as opposed to guys on tour, but why take the chance when there are seamless balls available. The one exception I will play is the KSig 4 piece because at $15 a dozen I cannot complain about a seam. And I shot my low round last season with a KSig so go figure. 

... Yungkory is spot on. TM's VP of Golf Ball Design was so excited about the Lethal when it first came out. He said they worked forever to get the spin/launch angle and dimple pattern* correct to allow the ball to stop and/or back up on the green but carry in the wind without ballooning. I think the TP5x is the final product after years of tweaking the Lethal. For you distance is not an issue, but at 65 I am still hanging on to my traditional distance and have actually picked up a few yards with the combination of P790's and the TP5x.

* He told me how changing the depth or circumference of a dimple in the smallest degree can change the flight and especially the wind performance, it made me realize if true, the seam has to make a difference. How much is a guess and it may not even effect performance for someone of my caliber as opposed to guys on tour, but why take the chance when there are seamless balls available. The one exception I will play is the KSig 4 piece because at $15 a dozen I cannot complain about a seam. And I shot my low round last season with a KSig so go figure.

The difference in the wind between the TP5x and the Snell MTB Red is staggering. Heck, I think the original MTB performed better in the wind than the MTB Red. Almost interested in trying the MTB black but instead I just ordered 3 dozen more tp5x

The difference in the wind between the TP5x and the Snell MTB Red is staggering. Heck, I think the original MTB performed better in the wind than the MTB Red. Almost interested in trying the MTB black but instead I just ordered 3 dozen more tp5x

... I hope you got to take advantage of the buy 3 get 1 free with personalized TP5x balls. I get a . on mine and you can't even see it unless you look really close.  

... Bummer. I had $90 in Dicks store credit and used a $20 off $100 or more so it cost me $25 for 4 dozen TP5x.  :)

I still consider myself a free agent as far a golf balls are concerned. There's 4 dozen balls in my garage of all different types as I'm trying to figure out which is best for me so I can make a 100% switch.

Due to all the comments on TP5x, I got a dozen with a Christmas gift card. I hadn't played anything in the "X" category yet so this was my first experience with a firmer ball.

I loved that feel when I chipped and putted all winter but am not crazy about it now that I'm taking full swings. It just feels like I'm hitting everything thin (which I'm not). I suppose I just need to play it a little more to develop feel, but I'm having a hard time controlling them around the green. Have even had a few well-hit chips refuse to throw the brakes on and continue to roll off the green. By all intents and purposes, the TP5x should be a good fit for me but it's not proving to be true. Still have 10 left so I'll keep giving it chances.

Starting to feel like ChromeSoft is going to end up as my go-to ball. I just simply play my best golf with it.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Pay the shipping and I'll send you a sleeve of the blacks - I like the red better

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I am currently trying to decide on Z-Star or Z-Star XV's. Last weeks rounds were all XV's and I seem to get more distance out of them, at the expense of more roll on the greens. Our greens are very hard and not to receptive. 

This week the Z-Stars are getting gamed. I was previously using Chrome Soft, in my opinion the XV are a better ball for me. 

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

• 1 month later...

Greatly enjoying the Bridgestone B RX. This ball, oddly enough was under my radar. Plays similar to a pro 1x lite, but with pro v1 trajectory. Ample spin, good, moderate click and had made my game just a bit more competitive.

WITB 2021
Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 9* w/ C.Kua Stiff

FW: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 15* w/ C.Kua Stiff

HY: Cleveland Launcher Halo 19* w/ C.Kua Stiff 

Irons: Titleist 716 AP1 4-PW w/ KBS 90 Stiff

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, & 60^

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Laguna 2 OR OG Futura

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1/V1x OR Chrome Soft TT

Bag: Sun Mountain 2019 4.5 14way carry

Clothes: Nike OR Under Armour 

I am currently trying to decide on Z-Star or Z-Star XV's. Last weeks rounds were all XV's and I seem to get more distance out of them, at the expense of more roll on the greens. Our greens are very hard and not to receptive.

This week the Z-Stars are getting gamed. I was previously using Chrome Soft, in my opinion the XV are a better ball for me.

Plus you can get the Stars at $20 now!

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

I like the Snell MTB and the Callaway Chromesoft. I buy them used off of eBay and the Chromesoft is usually less expensive

Sent from my VTR-L09 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

What can I say, I'm an old man (69) and old habits die hard. Have played Titleist for decades. Velocity for several years, Pro V1x the last 3; extra spin has made a big difference from 100 yards in. I'm very brand loyal until I encounter something demonstrably better. Our pro sells Pro Vs for $38 at the end of each season and I usually buy 5 or 6 dozen then.

Working my way through the last of my E6 Softs I got for Christmas, then on to the Snell MTB Black ;)

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I tried the AVX against the TP5X today and I was impressed.

The AVX was longer, straighter, and had just as much spin as the 5x around the greens. Next step will be against the V1x.

The only downside was the AVX wasn't as white as the 5x or Srixon.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Having tried a lot of different golf balls I've settled on the taylormade tp5. Found the x a little too clicky off the putter and spin was a lot less with pitch/chips. I find them great for consistent distance control and better than any ball I've tried into the wind. I can't fault them

Callaway Rogue Driver 9* aldila rogue max x flex

Taylormade R15 3 wood HL speeder 77 x flex

Taylormade M1 (2016) 21* hybrid x flex

Callaway Apex CF 16s 4-PW KBS TOUR C taper 130g x flex

John letters wedges (52,56,60)

Taylormade Tour black Monte Carlo 34" with superstroke 3.0 counter balance

7 handicap