Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What golf ball do you play?

Has anyone tried Chrome Soft X-outs? They're pretty cheap on CPO. I liked the 2017 CS because it was a good ball (spinny, but good), and the price was right. The 2018 with graphene feels no different, and paying more per dozen because they want to tell me graphene makes a difference, is whack.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I like my Srixon Q Star Tour balls the best for my game and also gaming the original K Sigs and Snell MTB's which I have a few dozen left. After I run out, I will continue to purchase my Srixon QST's but also want to try some Oncore Elixr balls. I bought a 3 ball demo pack and they felt pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I just threw a post up on the Master golf ball thread but it seems to be a pretty dormant page. 

Here's my take on a new ball I recently discovered. 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18861-mygolfspy-master-golf-ball-review-thread/?p=431893

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

• 2 weeks later...

I played the Top Flite Gamer Tour for the first time today. I was pretty impressed with it around the green, it checked up very well. I did seem to find it a slight bit shorter by around 3-4 yards or so vs. the Gamer Soft & the Duo, but nothing that I couldn't adjust to over time. It felt great off of all my clubs. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

i used to play the NXT Tour, but had to look for an alternative since they discontinued it.

I did some research and found the Taylormade Project (a) an equivalent to it.

So i brought a sleeve to try and WOW. What a difference. Got me hooked.

i love them.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Chrome Soft X and AVX

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Chrome Soft X and AVX

How do you like the AVX compared to the CSX? From what I've read, the AVX is very soft and doesn't spin, and when I played the CSX it felt like I couldn't swing hard enough to compress, and it was spinning a ton! Interested to hear your thoughts, or maybe a mini-review in the master ball thread :D

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

How do you like the AVX compared to the CSX? From what I've read, the AVX is very soft and doesn't spin, and when I played the CSX it felt like I couldn't swing hard enough to compress, and it was spinning a ton! Interested to hear your thoughts, or maybe a mini-review in the master ball thread :D

I could play either one no problem. The AVX is the best of both Pro V's. It's longer, lower, better in the wind, and great around the greens for me. I just wish the whiteness of the ball was better.

The CSX is longer and spins a little bit more for me. I hated the number normal CS. It is way too soft, spins too much, and very inconsistent for me.

I always thought I didn't have enough club head speed for the CSX. I think it's the best Callaway ball since the i series.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

I've been a Bridgestone guy for about 6 years....was an e-6 guy until they came out with e-6 soft and e-6 speed. I played the soft first then the speed. I actually like the speed better. After about 5 holes the soft seemed to lose some life. I don't find that with the speed. Just me, maybe but as one Pro golfer once said I used to think golf was 90% in your head, I got better when  I found out I was wrong, it's 100% in your head.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

I've been a Bridgestone guy for about 6 years....was an e-6 guy until they came out with e-6 soft and e-6 speed. I played the soft first then the speed. I actually like the speed better. After about 5 holes the soft seemed to lose some life. I don't find that with the speed. Just me, maybe but as one Pro golfer once said I used to think golf was 90% in your head, I got better when I found out I was wrong, it's 100% in your head.

I loved the e6 but I didn't like either of the newer versions. Neither of them clicked for me. I've found the Top Flite Gamer to be very comparable to the last iteration of the e6.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I've always played whatever, but am now following the Revs advice, and ticking with one ball only. In order to truly understand what one specific ball will do.

Last years chrome soft

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I've always played whatever, but am now following the Revs advice, and ticking with one ball only. In order to truly understand what one specific ball will do.

Last years chrome soft

I've kind of been switching around too, playing whatever ball I had as long as it was urethane covered. Probably not a good idea I realized so now I'm only playing Chrome Softs.

Once my supply is gone I want to find an equivalent replacement, but cheaper. I'm wondering if the Vice Pro Soft is that ball?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Before my hiatus from the game, I was getting Pro V1s for gifts, Once I was off the Haig Pinch, that is.  The latter USED to be the easy, no-brainer gift selection.

On my own dime, however, I play much less expensive Top Flite Gamers.  To be perfectly honest, once they discontinued making wound balls, which I hated, I couldn't tell one brand name ball from the other in terms of performance. My game was never good enough for that.

I used to play the original Top Flite, often called the Rock Flite, when they were made in nearby Chicopee Massachusetts by the Spalding Company, once a major name in golf.  It was their alternative to the then famous Spalding Dot wound ball.

Now I play modern Top Flites, made by who knows whom?,  just out of familiarity with the logo.

Two games in now with the chromes.they are a very good ball

They will last a long time tho, I bought two dozen and still haven't lost one.

Not sure if I'm at a point to describe them yet, besides being soft feeling. I am really on a tear with iron play lately, so I'm not sure if they're a bit longer, or if that's just me hitting them really well.-

But, so far they are wonderful. I'm starting to get more short shot info as each game rolls by, so I need to pay attention.

I'm thinking that by the time I roll thru these two dozen I will then be able to switch to a different ball, and play it exclusively for a good 20 rounds or so, and then definitively be able to tell you the differences, pro and con.

Two games in now with the chromes.they are a very good ball

They will last a long time tho, I bought two dozen and still haven't lost one.

Not sure if I'm at a point to describe them yet, besides being soft feeling. I am really on a tear with iron play lately, so I'm not sure if they're a bit longer, or if that's just me hitting them really well.-

But, so far they are wonderful. I'm starting to get more short shot info as each game rolls by, so I need to pay attention.

I'm thinking that by the time I roll thru these two dozen I will then be able to switch to a different ball, and play it exclusively for a good 20 rounds or so, and then definitively be able to tell you the differences, pro and con.

Consider the Snell MTB Black when you move on maybe. I really like it and the price is right for sure.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Consider the Snell MTB Black when you move on maybe. I really like it and the price is right for sure.

What aspects of the ball are appealing to you, besides the price! Although that's a good starter.

I thought I heard they get torn up pretty quickly.

Do they turn well?

Do they hold greens well?

Are they soft off the face?

Do they putt well?

Are they longer than normal?

At what level of playing proficiency do you think that the different attributes of brand name golf balls begin to become a factor? 

If I show up at the course to discover that I have no game-quality golf balls at all, I can buy a sleeve of whatever the pro has behind the counter and go out and play. This has been true since the wound balls, which I loathed, disappeared.

At what point were you guys good enough to become a little bit fussy?

I grew up playing the balatas the my Dad/Uncle/Grandpa had cut or scuffed, so I really didn't like any balls better or worse until I started playing urethane balls. Since then I really try to play urethane if at all possible. Fwiw- the Gamer Tour (or urethane or whatever it's called now) is a really good ball, and almost as cheap as the vaunted Ksig.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

During a practice round I play pretty much any urethane covered ball.

During tournaments I play Pro V1x because they fit my game really well and I love the feel. I haven't found a ball that has beaten it yet although the TP5 line did come close.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

What aspects of the ball are appealing to you, besides the price! Although that's a good starter.

I thought I heard they get torn up pretty quickly.

Do they turn well?

Do they hold greens well?

Are they soft off the face?

Do they putt well?

Are they longer than normal?

Good stuff. I hope to answer as accurately as I can for ya.

Durability is actually an asset with the Snell balls. I tested the MTB Red for MGS and beat the snot out of mine with favorable results. Recently playing with the Black, I've also pounded 'em through the ringer as only a high HC'er can; trees, cart paths, deserts, culverts, you name it. If I could find it, it was still in good shape.

Turn? I'm speculating here, but assume you are referring to shot-shape. I really cannot speak to that as my skills at purposely creating a power fade or a draw is something I am working on, but when it happens, this ball performs.

Hold greens? Yes indeed. Wedge play with these is really fun. Good high spin and predictable. With longer approaches (up to 7i) I've also had great luck holding on when I hit the green-rare, but occasionally. These surprise me more often than not when I'm on target.

Soft? Absolutely. Perhaps not as soft as my former E6's, but definitely softer than the Reds or even a PV1. When I hit one on the screws I can tell I've compressed it and it usually turns out to be a decent shot. Pleasant sounding too...

Putt well? TBD. :unsure: My putting has been off for a bit lately so this is hard for me to answer. I'd say these are "OK" in this respect for now. I do like their sound off the putter face and they do roll nice and true for sure. If anything right now, I'd say they roll easier and maybe longer than my E6's did for some reason.

Longer? Not for me really. At least not noticeably. I'd say they are about the same for me as the E6 and for sure shorter that the Red by at least 15-20 yards or so. I was willing to give up the distance gained for the accuracy and better wind control properties the Black has for me.

In summary, I like the Snell MTB Black for it's durability, playability, green holding qualities, performance in the wind and, well the price. I feel I have a ball that is on par (or better) than a "premium" offering from a "premium" company. I still lose quite a few balls with the way I play (haphazardly.. :wacko:) so economics plays a key roll for me. But I still want a good golf ball to do the job when I do mine and if I were playing with a lesser quality ball I would maybe put part my blame for crummy performances onto it. I simply do not want that factor. The Snell MTB Black fits the bill for me-Premium ball hat performs at an economical price.

Hope this helps Sluggo! (And sorry to others if I hijacked the thread... :ph34r:) Cheers all!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Putting some old stock back into play has been the best impulse decision I've ever made for my game.

Previous PB was +1, reached 5 or 6 times. Maybe even more... so infuriating.

Very first full round with the new-old ball obliterated that score as I shot -4 (68). In the next 4 rounds I also went -1 and even par. So that made 3 of 5 that beat my previous PB. What???

The ball? Taylor Made TP Red LDP.

After procuring more from Europe (yes I did!), I now have 5 dozen, good for a spell.

Dean Snell was a TM engineer who's fingerprints are all over the TP Red LDP. Once I run through them (if I can resist the urge to hunt for more, that is), I'll have to give the Snell MTB Red a go.

Just shot the low round of my life with a Project a.... thinking I may be making the switch from NXT Tour, especially since they discontinued them.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I was a ProV1 guy for years.  When they started having having durabuility issues a few years ago I started experimenting with other balls.
Went to the Bridgestone B330s and liked them a lot.
Used the B330RX and liked the feel of them even more.
Now I play the Callaway Chrome Soft and absolutely love them.
Played a round with the Titleist AVX and didn't care for them.  Just tried the TM TP5 last week and liked them, especially in the wind.  Might give them another try this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

... I am guessing a combination of both. TP5x is one of, if not the best wind ball I have played. I remember the first time I played the Lethal in he wind an hit a knockdown 5 iron and after contact thought it would not carry the bunker, but it did with ease. I have been playing them ever since and the TP5x is the best version yet. Excellent green side control too. For me, the Chrome Soft does not spin as well around the green, although not a night and day difference. But as jlukes said, high swing speeds reap more benefits from the TP5x as it launches higher and really carries. For slower swing speeds I can see where the Chrome Soft would be longer and it is a great wind ball too.

I'm interested in that both you and Jukes like the tp5x so much.

Jukes swings faster than us, I'm 100-105, like you.

A few years ago I reviewed the z-star, and knew nothing about them, but was quite surprised at how well I liked them. I can't recall from 4-5 years ago what all I said, but I seem to remember them being good.

I've now been on a 2 month roll with last years chromes, and I do like them a lot. They do everything well, and are pretty nice feeling. (Reference- my buddy begged me to play a duo-soft last week, and man, what a marshmallow!)

Now I've played a tp5 before and thought it was up to snuff with the “good balls” but I thought they scuffed too easily..

Now that I've got a solid reference point with my long stretch of the chromes, what do you think I'd find with playing a tp5x? Just a little more distance? Are they more scuff resistant? (A stiff wedge would scrape the finish it seemed)

Anyways, thanks for the thoughts guys...

I love my Pro V1s but found a couple dozen new and used Bridgestones B330 S at Goodwill Im kind of liking. Id play the AVzx but never find them and not willing to pay 45 buckd or whatever they are.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Currently playing some Nike RZN's. Like the feel of the ball throughout the bag and has a decent amount of control for what I'm capable of. 

WITB

Titleist 913 D3 Grafalloy blue 2013 stiff shaft
Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
Taylormade burner rescue 17 degree stiff shaft 
Cobra Fly-Z Plus 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff 
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125
Callaway mack daddy 2 54/14s KBS tour-v 110
Callaway mack daddy 2 58/10s KBS tour-v 110

Rife 460 Tour Blade/Odyssey White Ice No. 7

Handicap - 18.1

Home club
 - www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/

I'm interested in that both you and Jukes like the tp5x so much.

Jukes swings faster than us, I'm 100-105, like you.

A few years ago I reviewed the z-star, and knew nothing about them, but was quite surprised at how well I liked them. I can't recall from 4-5 years ago what all I said, but I seem to remember them being good.

I've now been on a 2 month roll with last years chromes, and I do like them a lot. They do everything well, and are pretty nice feeling. (Reference- my buddy begged me to play a duo-soft last week, and man, what a marshmallow!)

Now I've played a tp5 before and thought it was up to snuff with the “good balls” but I thought they scuffed too easily..

Now that I've got a solid reference point with my long stretch of the chromes, what do you think I'd find with playing a tp5x? Just a little more distance? Are they more scuff resistant? (A stiff wedge would scrape the finish it seemed)

Anyways, thanks for the thoughts guys...

... I think I have posted several times I don't really find much difference in premium urethane cover balls. Of course I have some personal preference mostly concerning feel, but as far as just performance is concerned they all play very similar for me. The TP5x is the slight exception as it spins a little less off longer irons and woods (5-7yds)  with a slightly higher trajectory, a great combination for longer shots as well as a good wind ball off the tee and long irons. With the mid/short irons/wedges and around the green the TP5x performs like most other urethane covered balls. I have not noticed any more scuffing with the TP5x than any of the other balls I have played this summer. That includes the Cut Blue, Kirkland Signature, Chrome Soft and Chrome Tours. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I might get some smirks however the ball I recently put in play (Topflight D2 Feel) is surprisingly good! IMO it's the boss dawg of the lower priced balls. Great feel off driver, irons, and putter and Dicks always runs a good sale on them. Don't laugh until you try em. They are legit 🏌️⛳️

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)