TESTERS WANTED! ×

What golf ball do you play?

Ordered 6 dozen AVX and yesterday I picked-up the three I ordered from my local course (yellow), with three on the way from Discount Dan's (white). I REALLY like these balls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I might get some smirks however the ball I recently put in play (Topflight D2 Feel) is surprisingly good! IMO it's the boss dawg of the lower priced balls. Great feel off driver, irons, and putter and Dicks always runs a good sale on them. Don't laugh until you try em. They are legit 🏌️⛳️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You messen with us

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Giving these a try. Seem to be a big hit with the old farts hereIMG_2670.JPG

Rick

Left Hand, 

You messen with us

No sir.   I'm serious as a Beagle hound in a baying contest!   They had them on sale at Dicks so I said what da heck and picked up a couple of 15 ball packs. They may not spend all the way back like a top tier ball however they have plenty of one hop and stop action.  Plus they feel awesome off the putter face.    Just saying these dawgs hunt!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

No sir. I'm serious as a Beagle hound in a baying contest! They had them on sale at Dicks so I said what da heck and picked up a couple of 15 ball packs. They may not spend all the way back like a top tier ball however they have plenty of one hop and stop action. Plus they feel awesome off the putter face. Just saying these dawgs hunt!

Can't argue with a Beagle! Thanks again.

I always was a Bluetick Guy.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Can't argue with a Beagle! Thanks again.

I always was a Bluetick Guy.

haha you'll alright buddy.. lol     Promise me if ya find one of these Topflight balls and it has "Feel" on it, you'll not chunk it in the pond and at the least give it a hole or two test.  I'm betting you'll have that "oh shat looky here what I found" look on your face.  ;)

Cleveland

haha you'll alright buddy.. lol Promise me if ya find one of these Topflight balls and it has "Feel" on it, you'll not chunk it in the pond and at the least give it a hole or two test. I'm betting you'll have that "oh shat looky here what I found" look on your face. ;)

If I find one I will try it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Giving these a try. Seem to be a big hit with the old farts hereattachicon.gif IMG_2670.JPG

These are good balls but switched to ole grays new ball of choice and love‘ em.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

haha you'll alright buddy.. lol     Promise me if ya find one of these Topflight balls and it has "Feel" on it, you'll not chunk it in the pond and at the least give it a hole or two test.  I'm betting you'll have that "oh shat looky here what I found" look on your face.  ;)

... Have you tried the TopFlite Gamer Urethane? I have tried so many balls this summer and have enough to last a lifetime. Picking up 4 dozen Cut Blue, MTB, Performance +, and my favorites the TP5x along with 4 dozen Chrome Soft Tours from MG. So I am not gonna pick up more balls but I am tempted at $17.99 for 2 dozen or the crazy price of $11.99 a dozen if you buy 5 dozen at Dicks. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... Have you tried the TopFlite Gamer Urethane? I have tried so many balls this summer and have enough to last a lifetime. picking up 4 dozen Cut Blue, MTB, Performance +, and my favorites the TP5x along with some Chrome Soft Tours from MG. So I am not gonna pick up more balls but I am tempted at $17.99 for 2 dozen or the crazy price of $11.99 a dozen if you buy 5 at Dicks.

$11.99 a dozen is insane! I'm really thinking of stocking up on them at that price but have never played them. Have you tried them Chisag?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Switched back to the Tour BXS, was playing the Tour BRXs, but I just get the RXS to stop as fast on the greens as fast as the BXS

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

$11.99 a dozen is insane! I'm really thinking of stocking up on them at that price but have never played them. Have you tried them Chisag?

.. I have not. Many of the reviews say the cover threads with one wedge shot. But I imagine most of the reviewers buying these are used to much harder covers. But as you said $59.95 for 5 dozen would make them worth a shot or a great shag bag or winter ball even if the cover is not very durable. 

.. I have not. Many of the reviews say the cover threads with one wedge shot. But I imagine most of the reviewers buying these are used to much harder covers. But as you said $59.95 for 5 dozen would make them worth a shot or a great shag bag or winter ball even if the cover is not very durable.

Well, for $64.37 with tax, personalization, and shipped to my door, I have 5 dozen coming my way.

I usually play Chromesoft's so if these are anywhere close to the performance of those for a 1/4 of the price I'll be stoked!

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

... Have you tried the TopFlite Gamer Urethane? I have tried so many balls this summer and have enough to last a lifetime. Picking up 4 dozen Cut Blue, MTB, Performance +, and my favorites the TP5x along with 4 dozen Chrome Soft Tours from MG. So I am not gonna pick up more balls but I am tempted at $17.99 for 2 dozen or the crazy price of $11.99 a dozen if you buy 5 dozen at Dicks. 

I haven't try the TF Gamer Urethane.  They had a new TF Gamer Tour ball (3 piece) that is new for this year .  Is that the same ball as the Urethane?

Cleveland

I haven't try the TF Gamer Urethane. They had a new TF Gamer Tour ball (3 piece) that is new for this year . Is that the same ball as the Urethane?

The TF Gamer tour is the newer version of the Urethane. They are decent around the green but feel a little mushy to me.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

These are good balls but switched to ole grays new ball of choice and love‘ em.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

haha you put me on to these balls partner!  

:D

The TF Gamer tour is the newer version of the Urethane. They are decent around the green but feel a little mushy to me.

The Topflight D2 Feel is a 2 piece ball however it feels awesome off the driver, irons, and putter.   It's not anything like the old TopRocks.

Cleveland

haha you put me on to these balls partner!  

:D

The Topflight D2 Feel is a 2 piece ball however it feels awesome off the driver, irons, and putter.   It's not anything like the old TopRocks.

I loved the old TopRocks!  They got me off wound balls forever in the 1970s.

Before I went on the DL, I played Pro V1s--whenever the kids gave them to me for gifts.

Otherwise, I played whatever was on sale.

My game could not discern a significant difference.

Congrats to those whose game's can!

I loved the old TopRocks!  They got me off wound balls forever in the 1970s.

Before I went on the DL, I played Pro V1s--whenever the kids gave them to me for gifts.

Otherwise, I played whatever was on sale.

My game could not discern a significant difference.

Congrats to those whose game's can!

Hey buddy you need to try the TF D2 Feel balls out.  I'm not kidding they are keepers......

Cleveland

... Lokking at the website I thought that might be the case or the other way around. They are both here for anyone that is interested:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f/golf-balls#bazaarRating:&facet:ads_f55249_ntk_cs%3A%22Top+Flite%22&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:5&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&facetCategoryId:&fPrevCatId:&

Bought 8dz used for$20. Thought I'd fill my practice bag back up. 2/3 were Nike. Most look like new. Wonder if people are just throwing them in the water or woods so they can buy new. Had fun playing Noodle yesterday in the outing. Actually felt good off the clubs.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I was playing pro v1x for the last year until I tried out the chrome soft. Now I'm completely hooked on that ball. I like my ball flight more and I've increased my spin with them as well. I started playing my wedge shots long because these will zip off the green

Adams Speedline 4G ultralite driver stiff shaft

Taylormade SLDR driver extra stiff shaft

Ping G20 3 wood stiff shaft

Adams redline 3&4 hybrids stiff shaft

Adams redline 5-PW stiff shaft

Titleist Vokey sm5 wedges 52, 56, 60

Boccieri golf Heavy putter

Well, for $64.37 with tax, personalization, and shipped to my door, I have 5 dozen coming my way.

I usually play Chromesoft's so if these are anywhere close to the performance of those for a 1/4 of the price I'll be stoked!

... If you run out or they are not to your liking, I picked up 4 dozen of the 2017 Chrome Soft's from MG for $23.95 a dozen. "Supposedly" sorted for the tour but not sure of that is just marketing:

"These balls are also what Callaway calls "Tour Select" versions, which are very special balls. They were provided only to Callaway PGA Tour Pros—including their top-ranked players (whose names you would immediately recognize)—and not sold to the public. Since these were tweaked for pro players, they will have slight variations to the standard Chrome Soft sidestamp (like a "+" or "★" appended). As you can imagine, since these were destined for Tour pros, they have received the highest level of QC at Callaway." 

https://www.mggolf.com/golf-balls-other/

... Lokking at the website I thought that might be the case or the other way around. They are both here for anyone that is interested:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f/golf-balls#bazaarRating:&facet:ads_f55249_ntk_cs%3A%22Top+Flite%22&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:5&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&facetCategoryId:&fPrevCatId:&

Yeah, I just looked. I have that backwards. The Gamer Urethane replaced the Gamer Tour.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

... If you run out or they are not to your liking, I picked up 4 dozen of the 2017 Chrome Soft's from MG for $23.95 a dozen. "Supposedly" sorted for the tour but not sure of that is just marketing:

"These balls are also what Callaway calls "Tour Select" versions, which are very special balls. They were provided only to Callaway PGA Tour Pros—including their top-ranked players (whose names you would immediately recognize)—and not sold to the public. Since these were tweaked for pro players, they will have slight variations to the standard Chrome Soft sidestamp (like a "+" or "★" appended). As you can imagine, since these were destined for Tour pros, they have received the highest level of QC at Callaway."

https://www.mggolf.com/golf-balls-other/

Wow! Great price. Might need to order some of those too!

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

I've been playing the best golf of my life with some old stock Taylor Made TP Red LDP balls. Liked them once upon a time but holy moly do they now suit my since evolved game?!

Although I still have maybe 4.5 dozen or so, I'll still need to find a suitable (to me) replacement.

So over the last 2 rounds I've mixed in play with the TP5. Really, really good ball and nearly indiscernible to me between the Red LDP save for some VERY slightly more spin off driver with the TP5 and subtly better feel off putter with the TP5 also.

So impressed, it eases my mind that there's already a ball out there for me once I run though my stock. But of course, it hasn't stopped me from grabbing some supposedly mint TP5x balls on ebay to check out too. They should be here next week.

Im a big fan of the Nicklaus Black ball. From my understanding you can only order it online through their website or get it at one of Jacks courses. Its much like a Srixon style tour ball. Think i paid like $35/dz shipping included and has an option to donate to charity too. They dont spin quite like a urethane ball but i get plenty of spin out of them and they hold up better. Played a tourney couple weeks ago on med. firmness greens running 12-13 and they were 1-2 hop n stop w/9-7i. 60-PW pretty much ended up level w/pitch mark if not back a tad which works perfect for me.

As a new golfer at first I thought the type of ball didn't matter I was going to lose them anyway, however I picked up a dozen Wilson duo soft spin and loved the feel, shot my best round to date but unfortunately still lost too many, now I find out they don't sell them anymore except online. Anybody know what would be the closest to these?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using MyGolfSpy mobile app

New golf addict, high handicap but improving weekly. Play 2 times a week and go to the range 2 times a week. Average round is down to 108. Used taylormade irons, Dunlap driver, cheap Ray cook putter. Starting to realize that equipment and balls are starting to make a difference.

Oddly enough, I found a tp5x the other day and played it for a few holes.

It is long, it seemed pretty soft, and I liked it.

I think I'll buy a 3-pack to play tomorrow.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I'm normally a Prov1 guy but I've been playing the x the last few rounds and am loving the performance all around.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1