TESTERS WANTED! ×

What golf ball do you play?

One of my favorites. I'm guessing you'll enjoy them.

I've played prov1, 1x, cut blue, cut grey, tp5, and a few Snell mtb this year. The cut grey was my straightest but on the short side. The tp5 was nice and it was similar the the 1x. So been testing to find a ball that is straight and long without killing my budget.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've played prov1, 1x, cut blue, cut grey, tp5, and a few Snell mtb this year. The cut grey was my straightest but on the short side. The tp5 was nice and it was similar the the 1x. So been testing to find a ball that is straight and long without killing my budget.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I find them to be a lot like the TP5 in the feel department. But that is so subjective that you might not agree. Definitely softer than the PV1 and 1x.

In fact I just picked some up today, went to the snobby course again with my jeans and a tee shirt on and used their short game area.

Haha, I was paying for this mornings game and saw the tp5x and asked the dude , “how much?”

He said $15 for 3....

I played my chrome softs....

I did play the one I found for a few holes and it was still cool. But then I went back to my chromes, and decided they're pretty good still.

Plus I still have 15 brand new balls I need to play.

I have a real mental problem about moving on to play new balls, when I know in the back of my head the used balls still work ok.

Maybe that's an issue from being the third child...

I guess I need to see a shrink in order to play new balls.... hahaha

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Haha, I was paying for this mornings game and saw the tp5x and asked the dude , “how much?”

He said $15 for 3....

I played my chrome softs....

I did play the one I found for a few holes and it was still cool. But then I went back to my chromes, and decided they're pretty good still.

Plus I still have 15 brand new balls I need to play.

I have a real mental problem about moving on to play new balls, when I know in the back of my head the used balls still work ok.

Maybe that's an issue from being the third child...

I guess I need to see a shrink in order to play new balls.... hahaha

We ALL need help from playing this game

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Giving these a try. Seem to be a big hit with the old farts hereattachicon.gif IMG_2670.JPG

Played a few rounds with the Wilson Duo Soft. Not a bad ball for under $20. Distance a little shorter than Chrome Softs, ball flight high no problem and not bad around the green. My only problem was a bit soft/mushy putting. Need a few more rounds to give them a decent test but for 1/2 the price of Chrome Softs worth a go.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I played a few holes with that ball too, it was ok but really felt like a marshmallow with the driver

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I played a few holes with that ball too, it was ok but really felt like a marshmallow with the driver

With the Odyssey 7 putter it felt like that also. Your right about driver, bit mushy.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Im a big fan of the Nicklaus Black ball. From my understanding you can only order it online through their website or get it at one of Jacks courses. Its much like a Srixon style tour ball. Think i paid like $35/dz shipping included and has an option to donate to charity too. They dont spin quite like a urethane ball but i get plenty of spin out of them and they hold up better. Played a tourney couple weeks ago on med. firmness greens running 12-13 and they were 1-2 hop n stop w/9-7i. 60-PW pretty much ended up level w/pitch mark if not back a tad which works perfect for me.

Nicklaus Blacks are urethane.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Try the Titleist AVX. I recently started playing it and have noticed gains in distance on both my driver and irons (particularly my middle irons). Doesn't have as much spin around the green as say a Pro V but it's not significant enough to where you will be missing the higher spin.

Try the Titleist AVX. I recently started playing it and have noticed gains in distance on both my driver and irons (particularly my middle irons). Doesn't have as much spin around the green as say a Pro V but it's not significant enough to where you will be missing the higher spin.

I've played the AVX a lot lately. Outside of that ball, I've used the Snell MTB Black and Chrome Soft. I've noticed gains with the AVX as well. It's a darn good ball. Flies straight, and spins well around the greens. If it wasn't so expensive I'd switch over to it, but it's hard for me to justify that much for golf balls.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I absolutely love Vice Golf Balls. And the company in general. Such a fresh spin (no pun intended) on the industry.

I play Vice Pro. Feel it is a little more spinny with the irons which is always a help.

Although I would love to try a MTB or ONCORE balls in the future.

I found and tried the Vice Pro plus today. Very nice all round ball, but spins a little bit too much for me.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

• 1 year later...

I play a Pro-V1, but have thought about how much money I may be wasting by doing so. Does anyone know of a golf ball testing website or service that can fit you for some brands that might be best? 

:callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero, 9.5*, VA Nemesys 75, Golfpride MCC Align Midsize

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max Fairway Wood, 15*, Stock shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Titleist U500 21*, Hzrdus Smoke Stiff, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan Icon Irons 8-PW, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan PTxPro Irons 4-7, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, 60*, Stock vokey shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:cameron-small: Scotty Cameron California Mid-Mallet

I've been a devout ProV1 player for a while, but a buddy tossed me a Bridgestone Tour BXS to play and I was impressed.  I'd have been able to evaluate it further if I hadn't pulled it into the drink...  But, I liked it enough that I'll buy a dozen and see.  MGS did a story on their REACTIV cover and after playing it, seems legit...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Snell MTB-X is my current ball.

Historically Ttileist  Pro V's and/or Bridgestone Tour models.

Recently I have been experimenting with Quantix F18 Tour. There is something about that golf ball, hoping to get more course testing with it soon. It feels very good to me---like the right kind of firm but pure, hard to describe but its not mushy or overly soft. So I very much like Pro V1's and Snell  MTB-X and the Quantix kinda feels to me like the best of both of those. But obviously has to perform on course. I have only been hitting in net and chipping in the yard with it to date.

Played ProV1s for a number of years.  Late 2018, I tested out the TP5 and have been very happy. Feels/performs very much like the Titleist off the driver, but 5-7 yds longer per club with the irons. No noticeable loss of spin with the irons, so I've got that going for me...which is nice.

This Spring, I played a few rounds with the new TourB RXS. My driver SS is mid 90s so thought this would be a fit.  Distance with driver was great and a full club longer in the irons than TP5.  Unfortunately, I could not get them to spin. Seemed a little clicky around the greens when chipping.

The rest of the year will likely be back with the TP5s.

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

I've been gaming the Maxfli Soffli ball sold at Dick's and it's grown on me.  Feels good off the putter, irons and really comes off the driver strong.  Two dozen for $30.00 .   

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I've been a devout ProV1 player for a while, but a buddy tossed me a Bridgestone Tour BXS to play and I was impressed.  I'd have been able to evaluate it further if I hadn't pulled it into the drink...  But, I liked it enough that I'll buy a dozen and see.  MGS did a story on their REACTIV cover and after playing it, seems legit...
My dad introduced me to the e6's a few years back and they've been off-and-on go-to whenever they're on sale and I just can't bring myself to pay for a tour ball. (Haven't tried the e12's yet.)

My tour ball of choice is the Bridgestone Tour B XS. I've got a high ball flight with a ton of spin; I get more distance than either of the ProV models with a flatter ball flight & more controlled spin. Haven't ever actually done a true ball fitting, but I am very pleased with this one.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I currently play the Bridgestone BXS, but after reading this thread I may have to test some golf balls. 

Read through last year’s MGS Ball Test. It’s what made me switch what I was playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I play whatever I can get a good deal on. Currently in my stock are W/S Duo's, Srixon Q-Stars and Z-Stars, and MaxFli SoftFli's. Once I deplenish my stock, I'll replenish it with one of the brighter colored, matte golf ball offerings (most likely the Volvik Vivid's or W/S Duo Optix).

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Cobra F6

Fairway: Cobra F6 3/4

Hybrids: Wilson Staff D100ES (4 & 5)

Irons: Wilson Staff C200 (6i to GW)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX (52, 56, and 60°)

Putter: Happy Putter Blade

I’ve been doing my own little test for the last month to see which ball(s) stand out for me. I was using the Chrome Soft before I started all of this. Recently I’ve played the Bridgestone Tour B XS and RXS, Srixon Z-Star, Chrome Soft X, and Taylormade TP5. There are characteristics from most of them that I like and don’t like but the TP5 definitely feels and performs the best for me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Maxfli Tour. Tried out the ProV1, 2019 Chromesoft, and 2020 Q Star Tour but the Maxfli felt the best off the putter and wedges for me and the distance is good as well. Cant beat the price either. 

13 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

I’ve been doing my own little test for the last month to see which ball(s) stand out for me. I was using the Chrome Soft before I started all of this. Recently I’ve played the Bridgestone Tour B XS and RXS, Srixon Z-Star, Chrome Soft X, and Taylormade TP5. There are characteristics from most of them that I like and don’t like but the TP5 definitely feels and performs the best for me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen a couple tests with the TP5s that back that up also, similar spin and distance to chrome soft and pro v 1 but it was more consistent from shot to shot than the others by a good bit. Rick Shiels has a good video up now you can check out, search his channel for prov1 and it should come up.

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap