TESTERS WANTED! ×

What golf ball do you play?

I've seen a couple tests with the TP5s that back that up also, similar spin and distance to chrome soft and pro v 1 but it was more consistent from shot to shot than the others by a good bit. Rick Shiels has a good video up now you can check out, search his channel for prov1 and it should come up.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll check for that video this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Right now I am playing TP5x but want to try the Tp5 Pix and see how the marks affect play. I played the new Bridgestone tour b Rx and liked them but the pro v1x and tp5x both seem to work best for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Usually play Bridgestone Tour B330 or Snell MTB but switch to Maxfli Tour X this year and i really like them and got the buy one get one free from Dick's Sporting goods so stocked up for the season...

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

MaxFli TourX,  I have used the matte ones, they work well in the arid dry of Arizona. Dry is key. 

I wont buy the matte anymore because I live in NY (because Tony says NO, NO, NO!!). But I will still play the gloss.  

If i didn't have a stash of 4 dozen, I would buy the Snell MTB X in yellow.  Or On Core Elixer would be 3rd but it is a different sound, very playable ball.

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° Hzrdus Blue 6.0s

:srixon-small:z65 3W 15° Miyazaki Kaula 6s  :honma: XP1 5W 17.5 Vizard 63s :tour-edge: E722 7W Tensei Blue 7s 

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 6i-PW Nippon 105s  S23 50°/ T22 54° 58°

:cobra-small: Vintage Stingray :garsen: Quad Tour NT

:OnCore: Elixr 22     :wilson_staff_small:Triad

I play the 2020 Pro V1 x.  Why?  It is by far the straightest ball off the driver.  I play a tight course with no rough.  If you miss the fairway it’s in the trees or OB.  I can play 72 holes with the same ball and there are no scuff marks.   One box can last me 2 months playing twice a week. 

I play Vice's Pro+ and have been happy with them, I've bounced all around with whatever I can get a decent deal on or gifted boxes from Kirkland to TM to ProV1s and I like the way the Vice's feel and I'm a sucker for that obnoxious Neon Red they have since no one really plays those at all. I'll probably give the new Cut DC Yellows a try when I run out of these as I've also enjoyed the Cuts.

:taylormade-small: M6 8.5* - 6.0 S Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: M2 19* - 70 S Aldila NV

:cobra-small: 4H 21* One Length - UST Recoil S
:cobra-small: Speedzone - 5-SW

:cobra-small: KING 60*
:scotty-cameron-1: Newport 1.5 - 34"

I have been playing callaway chrome soft for quite some time. I have tried other balls here and there, such as pro v1, bridgestone e6 and tour 330, maxfli tour, and just recently the supersoft from callaway.  This is from the time i started playing 5 years ago up until last weekend. 

I love the way the chrome soft feel on a well hit shot and it was ok on mishits. The supersoft was less erratic and i will find out this weekend more about the distance. 

Im not even remotely close to a scratch golfer, but i figure straighter is better and should result in lower scoring. Im hoping the supersoft keeps going straight and i dont lose too much distance and control around the greens.

Anyone have any thoughts on this, or any experience?

callaway rogue pw-4, +1/2 long 1/2 flat...stiff flex. Sm6 50*06, sm5 56*14, sm5 60*07...taylormade gapr lo 3 stiff set to about a 2 iron loft.

im currently in the market for a driver stiff flex

right habded

long island, Ny

roughly 27 handicap

20191026_175155.jpg

20161007_160632.jpg

20161007_094834.jpg

I'm currently playing the Taylormade TP5x (I got them on sale over the winter), I like them so far. That being said, I don't think you can ever go wrong with using a Titelist Pro V1 or Pro V1x.

Lots of variables go into choosing a ball.

from technical (spin, length) to longevity and of course price.

MGS with their Most Wanted test is an incredible resource, so I always use it when selecting a ball. Pick few ones that resonate  my swing and try.

so far the MTB - X is an incredible ball followed by Srixon Q- Star tour for my swing speed.

vice are really good but too much spin for my driver...

I suggest to give Snell a try because they are truly wonderful.

a sleeper ball in m6 opinion is Wilson Duo Soft. For the price is another great buy

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

I used to play Vice, because the balls are cheap.  I started noticing on the trackman that I have absurdly high spin rates.  There are things I'm correcting in my swing to fix that, but also decided to start gaming TaylorMade TP5X balls due to the lower spin rates.

The switch has been good for me so far.

I like the Q star tour balls. I would play the Bridgestone RX, but Q star is cheaper and perform the same for me. I would be interested in trying out the Maxfli tours, but have had the opportunity get. Taylormade project a (tour response) is another that I like as well.