What golf ball do you play?

Our Sponsors

Has anyone tried Chrome Soft X-outs? They're pretty cheap on CPO. I liked the 2017 CS because it was a good ball (spinny, but good), and the price was right. The 2018 with graphene feels no different, and paying more per dozen because they want to tell me graphene makes a difference, is whack.

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been playing Srixon Z Star for years now. I've tried a few other Urethane balls, but keep coming back to the Z stars. I'm happy to play previous years models, as the difference is minimal and gre

Oops, he got me the cheapies, not Tour. I got him a sleeve of ProV1 for his birthday. Next year he gets Top Flight!    Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

... Not challenging you, just using the above statement as a starting point. I know this is a mantra on MGS reviews but I have never bought into their anti hype which turns into MGS hype at times*. I

Posted Images

I like my Srixon Q Star Tour balls the best for my game and also gaming the original K Sigs and Snell MTB's which I have a few dozen left. After I run out, I will continue to purchase my Srixon QST's but also want to try some Oncore Elixr balls. I bought a 3 ball demo pack and they felt pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

I just threw a post up on the Master golf ball thread but it seems to be a pretty dormant page. 

Here's my take on a new ball I recently discovered. 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18861-mygolfspy-master-golf-ball-review-thread/?p=431893

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

• 2 weeks later...

I played the Top Flite Gamer Tour for the first time today. I was pretty impressed with it around the green, it checked up very well. I did seem to find it a slight bit shorter by around 3-4 yards or so vs. the Gamer Soft & the Duo, but nothing that I couldn't adjust to over time. It felt great off of all my clubs. 

• Like 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

i used to play the NXT Tour, but had to look for an alternative since they discontinued it.

I did some research and found the Taylormade Project (a) an equivalent to it.

So i brought a sleeve to try and WOW. What a difference. Got me hooked.

i love them.

• Like 2

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Chrome Soft X and AVX

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Chrome Soft X and AVX

How do you like the AVX compared to the CSX? From what I've read, the AVX is very soft and doesn't spin, and when I played the CSX it felt like I couldn't swing hard enough to compress, and it was spinning a ton! Interested to hear your thoughts, or maybe a mini-review in the master ball thread :D

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

How do you like the AVX compared to the CSX? From what I've read, the AVX is very soft and doesn't spin, and when I played the CSX it felt like I couldn't swing hard enough to compress, and it was spinning a ton! Interested to hear your thoughts, or maybe a mini-review in the master ball thread :D

I could play either one no problem. The AVX is the best of both Pro V's. It's longer, lower, better in the wind, and great around the greens for me. I just wish the whiteness of the ball was better.

The CSX is longer and spins a little bit more for me. I hated the number normal CS. It is way too soft, spins too much, and very inconsistent for me.

I always thought I didn't have enough club head speed for the CSX. I think it's the best Callaway ball since the i series.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

I've been a Bridgestone guy for about 6 years....was an e-6 guy until they came out with e-6 soft and e-6 speed. I played the soft first then the speed. I actually like the speed better. After about 5 holes the soft seemed to lose some life. I don't find that with the speed. Just me, maybe but as one Pro golfer once said I used to think golf was 90% in your head, I got better when  I found out I was wrong, it's 100% in your head.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

I've been a Bridgestone guy for about 6 years....was an e-6 guy until they came out with e-6 soft and e-6 speed. I played the soft first then the speed. I actually like the speed better. After about 5 holes the soft seemed to lose some life. I don't find that with the speed. Just me, maybe but as one Pro golfer once said I used to think golf was 90% in your head, I got better when I found out I was wrong, it's 100% in your head.

I loved the e6 but I didn't like either of the newer versions. Neither of them clicked for me. I've found the Top Flite Gamer to be very comparable to the last iteration of the e6.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

I've always played whatever, but am now following the Revs advice, and ticking with one ball only. In order to truly understand what one specific ball will do.

Last years chrome soft

• Like 2

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

I've always played whatever, but am now following the Revs advice, and ticking with one ball only. In order to truly understand what one specific ball will do.

Last years chrome soft

I've kind of been switching around too, playing whatever ball I had as long as it was urethane covered. Probably not a good idea I realized so now I'm only playing Chrome Softs.

Once my supply is gone I want to find an equivalent replacement, but cheaper. I'm wondering if the Vice Pro Soft is that ball?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Before my hiatus from the game, I was getting Pro V1s for gifts, Once I was off the Haig Pinch, that is.  The latter USED to be the easy, no-brainer gift selection.

On my own dime, however, I play much less expensive Top Flite Gamers.  To be perfectly honest, once they discontinued making wound balls, which I hated, I couldn't tell one brand name ball from the other in terms of performance. My game was never good enough for that.

I used to play the original Top Flite, often called the Rock Flite, when they were made in nearby Chicopee Massachusetts by the Spalding Company, once a major name in golf.  It was their alternative to the then famous Spalding Dot wound ball.

Now I play modern Top Flites, made by who knows whom?,  just out of familiarity with the logo.

Two games in now with the chromes.they are a very good ball

They will last a long time tho, I bought two dozen and still haven't lost one.

Not sure if I'm at a point to describe them yet, besides being soft feeling. I am really on a tear with iron play lately, so I'm not sure if they're a bit longer, or if that's just me hitting them really well.-

But, so far they are wonderful. I'm starting to get more short shot info as each game rolls by, so I need to pay attention.

I'm thinking that by the time I roll thru these two dozen I will then be able to switch to a different ball, and play it exclusively for a good 20 rounds or so, and then definitively be able to tell you the differences, pro and con.

• Like 2

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Two games in now with the chromes.they are a very good ball

They will last a long time tho, I bought two dozen and still haven't lost one.

Not sure if I'm at a point to describe them yet, besides being soft feeling. I am really on a tear with iron play lately, so I'm not sure if they're a bit longer, or if that's just me hitting them really well.-

But, so far they are wonderful. I'm starting to get more short shot info as each game rolls by, so I need to pay attention.

I'm thinking that by the time I roll thru these two dozen I will then be able to switch to a different ball, and play it exclusively for a good 20 rounds or so, and then definitively be able to tell you the differences, pro and con.

Consider the Snell MTB Black when you move on maybe. I really like it and the price is right for sure.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Consider the Snell MTB Black when you move on maybe. I really like it and the price is right for sure.

What aspects of the ball are appealing to you, besides the price! Although that's a good starter.

I thought I heard they get torn up pretty quickly.

Do they turn well?

Do they hold greens well?

Are they soft off the face?

Do they putt well?

Are they longer than normal?

• Like 1

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

At what level of playing proficiency do you think that the different attributes of brand name golf balls begin to become a factor? 

If I show up at the course to discover that I have no game-quality golf balls at all, I can buy a sleeve of whatever the pro has behind the counter and go out and play. This has been true since the wound balls, which I loathed, disappeared.

At what point were you guys good enough to become a little bit fussy?

I grew up playing the balatas the my Dad/Uncle/Grandpa had cut or scuffed, so I really didn't like any balls better or worse until I started playing urethane balls. Since then I really try to play urethane if at all possible. Fwiw- the Gamer Tour (or urethane or whatever it's called now) is a really good ball, and almost as cheap as the vaunted Ksig.

• Like 1

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

During a practice round I play pretty much any urethane covered ball.

During tournaments I play Pro V1x because they fit my game really well and I love the feel. I haven't found a ball that has beaten it yet although the TP5 line did come close.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock