What golf ball do you play?

Our Sponsors

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been playing Srixon Z Star for years now. I've tried a few other Urethane balls, but keep coming back to the Z stars. I'm happy to play previous years models, as the difference is minimal and gre

Oops, he got me the cheapies, not Tour. I got him a sleeve of ProV1 for his birthday. Next year he gets Top Flight!    Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

... Not challenging you, just using the above statement as a starting point. I know this is a mantra on MGS reviews but I have never bought into their anti hype which turns into MGS hype at times*. I

Posted Images

One of my favorites. I'm guessing you'll enjoy them.

I've played prov1, 1x, cut blue, cut grey, tp5, and a few Snell mtb this year. The cut grey was my straightest but on the short side. The tp5 was nice and it was similar the the 1x. So been testing to find a ball that is straight and long without killing my budget.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I've played prov1, 1x, cut blue, cut grey, tp5, and a few Snell mtb this year. The cut grey was my straightest but on the short side. The tp5 was nice and it was similar the the 1x. So been testing to find a ball that is straight and long without killing my budget.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I find them to be a lot like the TP5 in the feel department. But that is so subjective that you might not agree. Definitely softer than the PV1 and 1x.

In fact I just picked some up today, went to the snobby course again with my jeans and a tee shirt on and used their short game area.

• Like 2

Haha, I was paying for this mornings game and saw the tp5x and asked the dude , “how much?”

He said $15 for 3....

I played my chrome softs....

I did play the one I found for a few holes and it was still cool. But then I went back to my chromes, and decided they're pretty good still.

Plus I still have 15 brand new balls I need to play.

I have a real mental problem about moving on to play new balls, when I know in the back of my head the used balls still work ok.

Maybe that's an issue from being the third child...

I guess I need to see a shrink in order to play new balls.... hahaha

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Haha, I was paying for this mornings game and saw the tp5x and asked the dude , “how much?”

He said $15 for 3....

I played my chrome softs....

I did play the one I found for a few holes and it was still cool. But then I went back to my chromes, and decided they're pretty good still.

Plus I still have 15 brand new balls I need to play.

I have a real mental problem about moving on to play new balls, when I know in the back of my head the used balls still work ok.

Maybe that's an issue from being the third child...

I guess I need to see a shrink in order to play new balls.... hahaha

We ALL need help from playing this game

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Giving these a try. Seem to be a big hit with the old farts hereattachicon.gif IMG_2670.JPG

Played a few rounds with the Wilson Duo Soft. Not a bad ball for under $20. Distance a little shorter than Chrome Softs, ball flight high no problem and not bad around the green. My only problem was a bit soft/mushy putting. Need a few more rounds to give them a decent test but for 1/2 the price of Chrome Softs worth a go.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

I played a few holes with that ball too, it was ok but really felt like a marshmallow with the driver

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

I played a few holes with that ball too, it was ok but really felt like a marshmallow with the driver

With the Odyssey 7 putter it felt like that also. Your right about driver, bit mushy.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Im a big fan of the Nicklaus Black ball. From my understanding you can only order it online through their website or get it at one of Jacks courses. Its much like a Srixon style tour ball. Think i paid like $35/dz shipping included and has an option to donate to charity too. They dont spin quite like a urethane ball but i get plenty of spin out of them and they hold up better. Played a tourney couple weeks ago on med. firmness greens running 12-13 and they were 1-2 hop n stop w/9-7i. 60-PW pretty much ended up level w/pitch mark if not back a tad which works perfect for me.

Nicklaus Blacks are urethane.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Try the Titleist AVX. I recently started playing it and have noticed gains in distance on both my driver and irons (particularly my middle irons). Doesn't have as much spin around the green as say a Pro V but it's not significant enough to where you will be missing the higher spin.

Try the Titleist AVX. I recently started playing it and have noticed gains in distance on both my driver and irons (particularly my middle irons). Doesn't have as much spin around the green as say a Pro V but it's not significant enough to where you will be missing the higher spin.

I've played the AVX a lot lately. Outside of that ball, I've used the Snell MTB Black and Chrome Soft. I've noticed gains with the AVX as well. It's a darn good ball. Flies straight, and spins well around the greens. If it wasn't so expensive I'd switch over to it, but it's hard for me to justify that much for golf balls.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

I absolutely love Vice Golf Balls. And the company in general. Such a fresh spin (no pun intended) on the industry.

I play Vice Pro. Feel it is a little more spinny with the irons which is always a help.

Although I would love to try a MTB or ONCORE balls in the future.

I found and tried the Vice Pro plus today. Very nice all round ball, but spins a little bit too much for me.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

• 1 year later...

I play a Pro-V1, but have thought about how much money I may be wasting by doing so. Does anyone know of a golf ball testing website or service that can fit you for some brands that might be best? 

:callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero, 9.5*, VA Nemesys 75, Golfpride MCC Align Midsize

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max Fairway Wood, 15*, Stock shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Titleist U500 21*, Hzrdus Smoke Stiff, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan Icon Irons 8-PW, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan PTxPro Irons 4-7, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, 60*, Stock vokey shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:cameron-small: Scotty Cameron California Mid-Mallet

I've been a devout ProV1 player for a while, but a buddy tossed me a Bridgestone Tour BXS to play and I was impressed.  I'd have been able to evaluate it further if I hadn't pulled it into the drink...  But, I liked it enough that I'll buy a dozen and see.  MGS did a story on their REACTIV cover and after playing it, seems legit...

• Like 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Snell MTB-X is my current ball.

Historically Ttileist  Pro V's and/or Bridgestone Tour models.

Recently I have been experimenting with Quantix F18 Tour. There is something about that golf ball, hoping to get more course testing with it soon. It feels very good to me---like the right kind of firm but pure, hard to describe but its not mushy or overly soft. So I very much like Pro V1's and Snell  MTB-X and the Quantix kinda feels to me like the best of both of those. But obviously has to perform on course. I have only been hitting in net and chipping in the yard with it to date.

Played ProV1s for a number of years.  Late 2018, I tested out the TP5 and have been very happy. Feels/performs very much like the Titleist off the driver, but 5-7 yds longer per club with the irons. No noticeable loss of spin with the irons, so I've got that going for me...which is nice.

This Spring, I played a few rounds with the new TourB RXS. My driver SS is mid 90s so thought this would be a fit.  Distance with driver was great and a full club longer in the irons than TP5.  Unfortunately, I could not get them to spin. Seemed a little clicky around the greens when chipping.

The rest of the year will likely be back with the TP5s.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

I've been gaming the Maxfli Soffli ball sold at Dick's and it's grown on me.  Feels good off the putter, irons and really comes off the driver strong.  Two dozen for $30.00 .   

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide