ehilburn11

What golf ball do you play?

Our Sponsors

I've been a devout ProV1 player for a while, but a buddy tossed me a Bridgestone Tour BXS to play and I was impressed.  I'd have been able to evaluate it further if I hadn't pulled it into the drink...  But, I liked it enough that I'll buy a dozen and see.  MGS did a story on their REACTIV cover and after playing it, seems legit...
My dad introduced me to the e6's a few years back and they've been off-and-on go-to whenever they're on sale and I just can't bring myself to pay for a tour ball. (Haven't tried the e12's yet.)

My tour ball of choice is the Bridgestone Tour B XS. I've got a high ball flight with a ton of spin; I get more distance than either of the ProV models with a flatter ball flight & more controlled spin. Haven't ever actually done a true ball fitting, but I am very pleased with this one.
  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* loft with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2-hybrid: :taylormade-small: GAPR Lo with stock KBS Hybrid 80g stiff
3i-PW: :ping-small: i210 blue dot, Power Spec, with TT S300 hard stepped
50*, 54*, and 58*: :mizuno-small: blue ion S18 with TT wedge
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Currently Testing:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

I currently play the Bridgestone BXS, but after reading this thread I may have to test some golf balls. 

• Like 1

I currently play the Bridgestone BXS, but after reading this thread I may have to test some golf balls. 

Read through last year’s MGS Ball Test. It’s what made me switch what I was playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I play whatever I can get a good deal on. Currently in my stock are W/S Duo's, Srixon Q-Stars and Z-Stars, and MaxFli SoftFli's. Once I deplenish my stock, I'll replenish it with one of the brighter colored, matte golf ball offerings (most likely the Volvik Vivid's or W/S Duo Optix).

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Cobra F6

Fairway: Cobra F6 3/4

Hybrids: Wilson Staff D100ES (4 & 5)

Irons: Wilson Staff C200 (6i to GW)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX (52, 56, and 60°)

Putter: Happy Putter Blade

Bridgestone e6 is my go to ball.

20200426_185947.jpg

• Like 1

Had been playing the TP5X but made the switch to the Bridgestone Tour BX about a month ago.  Good fit so far.

I’ve been doing my own little test for the last month to see which ball(s) stand out for me. I was using the Chrome Soft before I started all of this. Recently I’ve played the Bridgestone Tour B XS and RXS, Srixon Z-Star, Chrome Soft X, and Taylormade TP5. There are characteristics from most of them that I like and don’t like but the TP5 definitely feels and performs the best for me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

Maxfli Tour. Tried out the ProV1, 2019 Chromesoft, and 2020 Q Star Tour but the Maxfli felt the best off the putter and wedges for me and the distance is good as well. Cant beat the price either. 

13 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

I’ve been doing my own little test for the last month to see which ball(s) stand out for me. I was using the Chrome Soft before I started all of this. Recently I’ve played the Bridgestone Tour B XS and RXS, Srixon Z-Star, Chrome Soft X, and Taylormade TP5. There are characteristics from most of them that I like and don’t like but the TP5 definitely feels and performs the best for me so far.

I've seen a couple tests with the TP5s that back that up also, similar spin and distance to chrome soft and pro v 1 but it was more consistent from shot to shot than the others by a good bit. Rick Shiels has a good video up now you can check out, search his channel for prov1 and it should come up.

• Like 1

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :wilson-small: Blackjack 206

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

I've seen a couple tests with the TP5s that back that up also, similar spin and distance to chrome soft and pro v 1 but it was more consistent from shot to shot than the others by a good bit. Rick Shiels has a good video up now you can check out, search his channel for prov1 and it should come up.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll check for that video this afternoon.

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

Right now I am playing TP5x but want to try the Tp5 Pix and see how the marks affect play. I played the new Bridgestone tour b Rx and liked them but the pro v1x and tp5x both seem to work best for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Usually play Bridgestone Tour B330 or Snell MTB but switch to Maxfli Tour X this year and i really like them and got the buy one get one free from Dick's Sporting goods so stocked up for the season...

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

MaxFli TourX,  I have used the matte ones, they work well in the arid dry of Arizona. Dry is key. 

I wont buy the matte anymore because I live in NY (because Tony says NO, NO, NO!!). But I will still play the gloss.  

If i didn't have a stash of 4 dozen, I would buy the Snell MTB X in yellow.  Or On Core Elixer would be 3rd but it is a different sound, very playable ball.

• Like 2

default_cleveland-small.jpg.f4c46a1a8d2c73b8635356daa50036f8.jpg HB Launcher 10.5 deg Miyazaki Kua 5s

default_srixon-small.jpg.02128d5e6f5bb6c172a31683bc9ddc25.jpg z65 3W 15 deg Miyazaki Kaula 7

default_mizuno-small.jpg.ed6f7df807744914695fde32ae57dc08.jpg JPX Fli Hi 4h Nippon 105s +1/2" up 1 Golf Pride CCP MIdsize

default_mizuno-small.jpg.1e7f4ae008e8aae2b3aafa5fa4667230.jpg JPX919 Hot Metal 5-PW Nippon 105s +1/2" up 1 Golf Pride CCP MIdsize

default_mizuno-small.jpg.94951e99215b21fcc6673970ce725e24.jpg S-18 50 deg/6 Blue Ion

default_taylormade-small.jpg.29bf511d0b06c558dca5f3f77e0e9bfe.jpg 56 deg/12 SB Milled Grind Chrome

default_taylormade-small.jpg.b1e00590b722d7a20828e39d10d9bfe7.jpg 60 deg/8 SB Milled Grind Bronze

default_nickent-small.jpg.17431d8496f7126b5eb90d10c9467274.jpg Omen Tour Mallet Face Balanced ,  MLA Golf  PRO Classic 1/4 toe

MaxFli TourX, Snell MTBx

I have played most of the popular tour or mid level balls.  For my game I am playing the Taylormade TP5 and TP5x I find they provide great distance and most importantly spin and stopping power on the greens.

I play the 2020 Pro V1 x.  Why?  It is by far the straightest ball off the driver.  I play a tight course with no rough.  If you miss the fairway it’s in the trees or OB.  I can play 72 holes with the same ball and there are no scuff marks.   One box can last me 2 months playing twice a week. 

• Like 1

I play Vice's Pro+ and have been happy with them, I've bounced all around with whatever I can get a decent deal on or gifted boxes from Kirkland to TM to ProV1s and I like the way the Vice's feel and I'm a sucker for that obnoxious Neon Red they have since no one really plays those at all. I'll probably give the new Cut DC Yellows a try when I run out of these as I've also enjoyed the Cuts.

:taylormade-small: M6 8.5* - 6.0 S Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: M2 19* - 70 S Aldila NV

:cobra-small: 4H 21* One Length - UST Recoil S
:cobra-small: Speedzone - 5-SW

:cobra-small: KING 60*
:scotty-cameron-1: Newport 1.5 - 34"

Made the switch to Snell MTB-X last year and love them. Played some of my best golf over the past year... coincidence? Maybe, maybe not

I have been playing callaway chrome soft for quite some time. I have tried other balls here and there, such as pro v1, bridgestone e6 and tour 330, maxfli tour, and just recently the supersoft from callaway.  This is from the time i started playing 5 years ago up until last weekend. 

I love the way the chrome soft feel on a well hit shot and it was ok on mishits. The supersoft was less erratic and i will find out this weekend more about the distance. 

Im not even remotely close to a scratch golfer, but i figure straighter is better and should result in lower scoring. Im hoping the supersoft keeps going straight and i dont lose too much distance and control around the greens.

Anyone have any thoughts on this, or any experience?