Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PGA Tour numbers on TRACKMAN

Theclubfix

Here are a few numbers that were thrown together from all the testing done by PGA Tour players.

A few main things to focus on would be that they don't hit the ball abnormally long, and the other being look at the max height column. Almost all clubs in their bag go the same height (peak of the shot).

Enjoy and remember it's all about the short game ;)

pga tour average numbers.png

THE CLUB FIX

Proud Sponsor of MyGolfSpy

www.TheClubFix.com

Offering: Whitlam Gauge Design, Miura, Kyoei Forged, Scratch, Adams, Bridgestone, Tourstage, Titleist, Callaway, Ping, Cleveland, Mizuno, Simpac, Yonex, Onoff, Srixon, Honma, Fourteen, Nike, Mitsubishi, Aldila, Accra, KB Tour, True Temper, Aerotech Steelfiber, Rifle, Project X, Graphite Design, Oban, Fierce, Grafalloy, Fujikura, just ask me I can get it ;)

My email: [email protected]

Feel free to email me any golf questions and I'll be happy to get back to you.

Enjoy and remember it's all about the short game ;)

LOL... but chicks dig the long ball :lol: . That was one of my favorite commercials... Maddox, Glavine and Smoltz hitting HRs.

Anyway, one thing I'm surprised at: the launch angle of their FWs and hybrids. I thought that'd be higher. I'm also surprised that they swing their 7 irons as fast as most people swing their drivers. I thought maybe up to the 5 iron, but the 7 at 90mph? That's a "wow" moment for me.

What's with the negative attack angles? That means they're hitting down on the ball, right? I know it's only 1.3*, but when the magazines say "hit up on it" and they're hitting down, isn't that a sure-fire way to screw someone up?

Justin.. take 1.3* from a 9.5* loft on the driver (or maybe even less) and you still have 8.2* of loft... remember these aint "normal" people!! :lol: ;)

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

What's with the negative attack angles? That means they're hitting down on the ball, right? I know it's only 1.3*, but when the magazines say "hit up on it" and they're hitting down, isn't that a sure-fire way to screw someone up?

I've seen this chart before but I have to say this is something most people don't know. My theory is that PGA TOUR players already hit down on the ball so much (which is one thing that makes them good players), when they say "hit up on the ball with the driver" barely hitting down feels like hitting up.

My only problem with this is that my biggest swing fault with my driver is that I hit down on it 14*! So I get TONS of spin on my driver, which gives me zero roll and more curve when I slice or hook it.

My only problem with this is that my biggest swing fault with my driver is that I hit down on it 14*! So I get TONS of spin on my driver, which gives me zero roll and more curve when I slice or hook it.

Wow... do you play the ball off your front heel? I'm only asking because, without realizing it, I had let my ball creep in front of my heel. I was just screwing around in the back yard (not hitting balls with my driver, mind you... the neighbors probably wouldn't appreciate that) and decided to set up a "T" stance minder with two old clubs. I set up and realized how far it had gotten away from me- I was pretty shocked. I guess it goes back to the whole "fundamentals are the key" thing. You bet I'm going to be more religious about that from now on. Just curious if it's something like that that's giving you fits.

Wow... do you play the ball off your front heel? I'm only asking because, without realizing it, I had let my ball creep in front of my heel. I was just screwing around in the back yard (not hitting balls with my driver, mind you... the neighbors probably wouldn't appreciate that) and decided to set up a "T" stance minder with two old clubs. I set up and realized how far it had gotten away from me- I was pretty shocked. I guess it goes back to the whole "fundamentals are the key" thing. You bet I'm going to be more religious about that from now on. Just curious if it's something like that that's giving you fits.

No it was actually worse when I was playing the ball too far back in my stance. I've been working on moving it up in my stance, which has brought me down to about 13*. :lol:

Archived