Your Ah-ha moment?

Get out of your way. There are too many things that's going on in a golf swing. From weight shift to storing up torque, hip turns, shoulder turns, completing double pendulum and achieving optimum shaft lean angle for particular shots plus a whole host of other things.

Your conscious brain can't even do a simple multiple and subtraction simultaneously what are the chance that it can properly control your 125 yard knock down shot with a 10 yard draw to a pin set on the top tier at the back of the green. Yet if you get out of the way it'd do just that. Drawing from all of the shots data you have gathered from practicing and executing it to the best way your body can. It's easier said than done but what do you think happens when you are in the "zone". Your subconscious mind takes over and you go blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

My ah ha moment was getting fit for iron shafts. No more fat or thin shots at all. Granted, I'm not always straight but I never practice so finding clubs that work with what I've got changed everything for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

My "ah-ha moment" came shortly after my first child was born.  She was born July 13th, 2005 and we watched Tiger blister St. Andrews the following four days while getting used to our "new normal".  Somehow, golf didn't seem so important anymore.  At least not to the degree I had made it prior to becoming a father.  For whatever reason, when I stopped caring, I started shooting significantly better scores.  I played in my club championship later that summer.  Entering the tournament, I had never broken 80 with a personal best of 84 once.  I was 31 years old and had been playing since I was 13.

I shot 77-76-78 and haven't given two shits about a score since.  Golf is a strange game!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My recent ah ha moment has been letting the club do the work.Just swing and keep my head down.Misses have all been playable.Never felt so relaxed just thinking swing and nothing else but

Keep it in the short stuff

I'm still waiting for my Ah Ha! moment.  Plenty of oh sh*t and @#!#@$!F#$% this game moments though...too many...ha ha ha....  I did reach my goal of breaking into the 70s at one point in my golfing life, but it's been downhill from there.  I'm lucky to break 90 now a days...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

... When I was tying to break into single digits I played with a satellite tour guy and he told me to take more club. When tour pro's are not pin high, they are long 50% of the time and short 50% of the time. Amateur's are short 99% of the time. Depending on the pin and what trouble is over the green always take enough club to get past the pin. I began hitting more shots closer to the pin and more shots past the pin than I ever had before and my scores immediately improved. 

... Obviously there are times whether it's trouble long you want to avoid or pin placements you want to stay below, but for normal stock shots only take your ideal club yardage if it is perfect. You hit your 8 iron 145 and the pins 146, hit a 7 iron. If there is even a gentle wind in your face hit a 7 iron. If it is a little uphill hit a 7 iron. Now if it is quite a bit uphill or you have a good wind in your face hit a 6 iron. I can pretty much guarantee if you take more iron than you think you need you will be surprised at your results. In fact I would suggest playing a round taking one more club than you normally would for every shot and it will be an eye opening experience for most. 

• Like 5

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

... When I was tying to break into single digits I played with a satellite tour guy and he told me to take more club. When tour pro's are not pin high, they are long 50% of the time and short 50% of the time. Amateur's are short 99% of the time. Depending on the pin and what trouble is over the green always take enough club to get past the pin. I began hitting more shots closer to the pin and more shots past the pin than I ever had before and my scores immediately improved.

... Obviously there are times whether is trouble long you want to avoid or pin placements you want to be below, but for normal stock shots only take your ideal club yardage if it is perfect. You hit your 8 iron 145 and the pins 146, hit a 7 iron. If there is even a gentle wind in your face hit a 7 iron. If it is a little uphill hit a 7 iron. Now if it is quite a bit uphill or you have a good wind in your face hit a 6 iron. I can pretty much guarantee if you take more iron than you think you need you will be surprised at your results. In fact I would suggest playing a round taking one more club than you normally would for every shot and it will be an eye opening experience for most.

+1 to this. Very great points. I've adopted this approach this season and it's been great for my game. The only time I take that 8 iron now is if the wind is helping.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

... Obviously there are times whether it's trouble long you want to avoid or pin placements you want to be below, but for normal stock shots only take your ideal club yardage if it is perfect. You hit your 8 iron 145 and the pins 146, hit a 7 iron. If there is even a gentle wind in your face hit a 7 iron. If it is a little uphill hit a 7 iron. Now if it is quite a bit uphill or you have a good wind in your face hit a 6 iron. I can pretty much guarantee if you take more iron than you think you need you will be surprised at your results. In fact I would suggest playing a round taking one more club than you normally would for every shot and it will be an eye opening experience for most.

This is very interesting advice, thanks for the tip chisag!
  • Like 1

When I went from Jack Daniels to Miller Lite it made a world of difference.  Other than that I'm still looking for that Ah Ha moment.   One thing that may lead to a few ah ha moments for me is when I swing more up right instead of flatter than a mouse under a corn bin door.

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

When I went from Jack Daniels to Miller Lite it made a world of difference. Other than that I'm still looking for that Ah Ha moment. One thing that may lead to a few ah ha moments for me is when I swing more up right instead of flatter than a mouse under a corn bin door.

Can always count on ole gray for a solid one liner, or two. Lol
  • Like 1

I think my “moment” was when I started using more fingers when gripping the club. (Driver in particular). I had been placing the club in my hands using too much of my palm. Driving has become a stronger part of my game.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

For me it was two things; first, realizing that releasing the club was not technically "flipping your hands" and that at some point physically your body HAS to have the right hand overtake the left. This helped me straighten out my irons and hit it much, much further.

The second thing and most impactful thing was keeping my head behind the ball. I never ever knew I would let it go forwards and how much of a killer that was to my swing. This above all other knowledge really was the moment I was able to pick up my game and get to a sub 10 handicap. Life changer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies (15*) 

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos: