Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

chershey updated WITB 2017

So, it's been quite a while since I posted my last WITB and because I seem to change clubs like most people change their outfits (once a month, right?), I figured it was time for an update. In all honesty, for the first time in years I can honestly say that I feel really comfortable with every club in my bag right now and I'm hoping the configuration I'm about to share with you will stay.

IMG_0355.JPG

Let's start with the bag. After reading the MGS "Most Wanted Stand Bag" two years ago, I was intrigued with the bag that took second place, the Projekt Kozmak. I liked the look and features but it was very difficult to find and order, so I took a chance and bought one online. It's been a great bag so far, in that it hasn't fallen apart yet (kind of important) it does everything else it's supposed to do.

Moving into the equipment, let's start with the old Boomstick:

IMG_0356.JPGIMG_0357.JPG

I'm rocking the XR16 Sub Zero set at 8 degrees with a Tour AD M9003 6S shaft playing at 45 inches. I hit this thing as long as anything I've ever hit and feel like it's pretty accurate. I bought an EPIC SZ right when it came out thinking it would give me even better distances but it has proven to be shorter than the XR16 so just like that the XR16 SZ is in the bag to stay (Wait! Is that a shiny new Ping G400! Let's see what it can do!!) 

Moving into the 3 wood:

IMG_0358.JPGIMG_0359.JPG

I've been trying to find a 3 wood that both gives the distance I need and can find the fairway easily off the tee. I picked up a Callaway Alpha 816 14* 3 wood off Callaway Pre-owned and it's been amazing so far. Oddly enough, I put a driver shaft (Rogue I/O 70 X-Stiff) in it because I hit it better with this shaft. That makes the club 44 inches but then a choke down an inch or so and it plays perfectly.

Then there's the twins:

IMG_0360.JPGIMG_0361.JPG

My Callaway Alpha 815 hybrids set at 18 and 22 degrees were also found on Callaway Golf pre-owned and they have been the best clubs I've ever put in my bag. Now when I'm around 200 out on par 5, I feel confident that these can put it close and give me that eagle putt, that I'll probably leave 10 feet short, but at least it was an eagle putt!

Now, we have the buttery smooth feeling irons:

IMG_0362.JPGIMG_0363.JPG

I bought the Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW after hitting them in a golf store and falling in love with the feel and how easy they seem to hit. I decided to put in the Steelfiber i95 stiff shafts as a test and they made great clubs even better. They are all bent 1 degree strong and are .25 inches shorter than standard.

The wedges below have been huge for my game as well:

IMG_0364.JPGIMG_0365.JPG

I have Ping Glide 51 degree and 56 degree that are cut .25 inch short as well. The Callaway MD3 60 degree lob wedge has been an awesome scoring club that stops on a dime. I can't say anything bad about these wedges as they perform whenever I need them and my short game has improved with them.

Finally, we have the flatstick:

IMG_0366.JPGIMG_0367.JPGIMG_0369.JPG

This one has been more of a game changer for me than any club in the bag. I was chosen to test the Sentio Sierra putter by MGS back in January and as soon as I stroked the first putt, it was like true love. It beat out every other putter I've owned and anything I've tried since. Simply put, I have a lot less putts per round now, and love, love, love the feel. I play it at 33 inches with a Gold Pride SNSR grip and it's perfect.

For balls, I'm currently gaming the Snell MTB and trying out the Taylormade TP5X. I like both balls but they have some differences. I was also chosen to do test some Vice golf balls in the next few months for MGS, so I'll be sure to let everyone know how they compare.

Well, that's it for now. This setup is my favorite of all time and I want to keep it stable for a while and see if my scores start to drop. The only other piece of equipment I'd like to change out is between my errors, but that one's a little more difficult.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Good looking setup you got there!

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

NICE

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Nice tour of your bag!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Thanks!

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Great set up!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Nice bag there

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Way to go chershey......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Great looking set-up!!

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Archived