Sluggo42

How long will you play the same ball?

When it gets dirty, scraped, generally beat up? Or after one round, regardless?

I play the same balls until I lose them. Haha, I mean they're looking like dirt clods after a while, but they still work great. I've got balls that have seen 6-7 rounds befor I finally clank them off into the bush or the drink. But some of my friends like brand new balls every round...

What's your threshold ?

• Like 2

Me too. I don't know why. I pick up new balls almost every rounds and I have a box full of pre-owned ball that are practically new, and a shelf full of brand new balls.

Most of the time I practice with better balls than I play:)

• Like 1

Till I lose them. Unless there is a deep cut in them I will play till they are pretty gnarly. Or they meet the cedar swamp.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm playing a competitive round then it's a new or newish ball. If I'm just out practicing or messing around with friends it's a retired ball from the first bunch. I typically don't play new balls on courses I've never played before either.

• Like 1

Same Srixon .... played 54 holes now with it

238f0f2429aaf2a595f98e883a634500.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I'm the same as you. I will play them until I can no longer find them. Yeah, sometimes they may be a little dirty but nothing a wet towel can't fix.

• Like 3

There are five holes on my course where I could potentially lose a ball, but I can play one ball for many rounds without losing it.  When a ball starts to look a little sad, I will start a round with a new ball, but use the sad looking one for those five holes where I could lose it.  Today, I started my round with a new Snell MTB and I now have 3 sad looking balls because I haven't lost a ball in quite awhile.  However, I have gone through periods where I will lose 2 or 3 in one round.  Before I lose them, I use them for my practice sessions for pitching, chipping and putting rather than new balls.  I'm cheap.

• Like 1

I play with used aaaa Pro-V 1s off eBay. $40 for 3 dozen. I play with them until they head deep in the woods or way OB. Sometimes I get 4-5 rounds out of a ball. Today I lost 2. For that price I don't look for them long.

• Like 1

I generally play a ball till I lose it, so long as it doesn't have any deep cuts. If I'm playing in a tournament then I usually play a new ball.

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I'm with the majority here. I don't like spending money unless absolutely have to. I'll play until the ball is lost or deep cuts or crazy bad scratches. Although I probably lose the ball way before it gets to the point of actually throwing it away.

I ay a ball till the cover gets cut then it goes in the practice ball crowd (5 each 5 gallon buckets). Or ti i lose it...

I find more balls daily than i ever lose. I drop ither than premiums on the side where i found them. Ive got at least 100 in my bag now. Cheap? No im frugal

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

... I start with a new ball every round. I just feel like every new round is a new adventure and I plan on shooting my all-time lowest score so I give myself the best chance to do just that. I keep balls that I have played in a separate pocket, and if I hit a ball in a hazard or lose one during a round, I replace it with an already played ball. I also use the already played balls for practice rounds were I want my shots to be the same as during competition.  

• Like 1

I don't know, I've never had one long enough to find out B)

You might as well ask me how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop!

IMG_0093.JPG

• Like 2

Until it goes in the water or I can't find it in the rough. Doesn't take too long for either one of these two to happen

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I typically start with a new sleeve, Or at the very least used balls that have no marks.. If I'm having a terrible round I'll then switch to older used balls.. speaking of which I need to empty out the balls in my bag It's getting heavy,. I'll keep the nearly new balls and a few hazard balls and give the rest to the kids to play with.. 

I will switch out balls if they are badly damaged (i.e. cart path, cuts, etc..).. But they usually don't last more than a round or 2 before they decide to leave me for beating them up.. 

Until I make a birdie. Then the ball goes back into the bag. It will return to play at some point when another ball makes a birdie or gets lost. Eagle balls get retired permanently to my shah bag.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Until I make a birdie. Then the ball goes back into the bag. It will return to play at some point when another ball makes a birdie or gets lost. Eagle balls get retired permanently to my shah bag.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's an interesting take. I'll throw a ball back in the bag if I make double or worse. It's my way of saying "go back to your room until you are ready to be a good ball"

When it gets dirty, scraped, generally beat up? Or after one round, regardless?

I play the same balls until I lose them. Haha, I mean they're looking like dirt clods after a while, but they still work great. I've got balls that have seen 6-7 rounds befor I finally clank them off into the bush or the drink. But some of my friends like brand new balls every round...

What's your threshold ?

During the start of the season I buy a couple dozen balls. I'll usually use a new one at the start of every tournament round. If it gets a big scuff I'll throw it in my bag and use it for practice but if the ball stays in good condition I'll usually just use the first ball I grab out of my bag as the season goes on.

Driver- Taylormade m2 '16

3wood- Taylormade m1 '16

5wood- Taylormade R15

4hybrid- Taylormade rocketballz 22°

5-pw- Taylormade rocketbladez

52°,56°,60°- Vokey sm5 chrome

Putter- Taylormade spider limited black