TESTERS WANTED! ×

What does it feel like to hole out from 100+ yards?

STUDque

I wouldn't know

I've holed my fair share of chips around the green but yearn to see one of those long shots disappear at the pin. No hole-in-one, no eagle.

I've seen someone else do it who went on to shoot 115. It just doesn't seem fair!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Yeah guys, what's it feel like? Haha.

My greatest almost hole out happened this morning.

I tried typing it up to explain it, but then realized I can just post this picture instead.

IMG_9507.JPG

I whiffed my drive, but still ended up in the fairway. From where I took my second shot, I could see just the top of the flagstick. I was on a tiny upslope, but just beyond the peak it's all downhill to the green, which lies just on the other side of a creek.

ALMOST!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

What's it like to hit a 7i 197? LOL

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I wouldn't know

I've holed my fair share of chips around the green but yearn to see one of those long shots disappear at the pin. No hole-in-one, no eagle.

I've seen someone else do it who went on to shoot 115 so I just doesn't seem fair!

I wouldn't know

I've seen someone else do it who went on to shoot 115 so I just doesn't seem fair!

Feels great!!

I holed out last Sunday (par 4) from 127. Cha-ching!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

It feels great I have chipped out apx 120 / 130 a couple of times, both times it was for par.

I have 1 hole in one. And 1 Eagle, I putted for the Eagle.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

It's pretty exciting! I think it boosts your confidence a lot. Once you've done it once, you know you can do it again. I holed out from about 120 earlier this year for eagle. It will come eventually!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

What's it like to hit a 7i 197? LOL

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

To be fair, I'd say it probably played closer to 175 or so.

I'll have to get back to on this one. Ha

Although it'd be cool if it happened during an upcoming iron review!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'll have to get back to on this one. Ha

Although it'd be cool if it happened during an upcoming iron review!!

If it does, you'll have no choice but to ditch your old gamers.

It is a rush and definitely gets you charged up. I have holed out from the fairway probably half a dozen or so times.  Almost did it on the same hole in back to back rounds;  lipped out the second one.  Doesn't translate to tee shots since I have no holes in one. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Feels like a hole in one. I had a couple one from 127 with pw, hop and suck back side way a few inches and hit the pin and went in. I heard it but thought it was close.

The other one was my first about 131, for some reason I picked pw at the time my pw was about 115, it just looked like a pw shot so I did, it took a small hop and jammed into the hole. I saw it from the fairway. First eagle, it was just awesome. Funny thing was the next hole was a par 3, I don't remember the yardage but it was a full 8i, I hit and sailed the green by 10 yard. From that moment on I became a club and a half longer.

It;s a great feeling.  I try to act like it happens all the time.  #TourSauce

I've had 2 aces and 3-4 hole outs from around 100 yards; numerous chips/pitches from the 10-50 yard range, and I spend a lot of time practicing that range because I have a lot of those length shots to save rounds.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have to correct myself.  After reading Rusty's comment about it feeling like a hole in one, I remembered this one.

About 15 years ago I was playing a round with my two sisters who were both beginning golfers at the time.   On the tee of a 160 yard par 3, I absolutely pushed my tee shot so far into the trees, I had no choice but to re-tee.

So the next one literally goes in on the fly.   One sister, screamed, "That's a great hole in One"   I just shook my head and replied, "No, it's a great par"   I was torn between being excited about saving par, and wasting what might be my only "hole in one" on a 3rd shot..LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Anytime you pull a shot out of your butt, it feels darn good.   But the secret is to not show over excitement and act like you do it all the time.  It reminds me of the story about the football player that made a great catch in the end zone and did a dance.   He asks Coach Lombardi, what he thought of it.  To which the Coach replied-Nice catch, but if it were me, I'd act like I have done it before.  

I've never had a hole in one but I have holed out a few times, my best being from about 220 out on a par 5... for a two.  B)

The albatross means a lot to me but I think I might rather have a hole in one, it's just more, relatable? Hard to say but I'm pretty sure it's a different feeling.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I've never had a hole in one but I have holed out a few times, my best being from about 220 out on a par 5... for a two. B)

The albatross means a lot to me but I think I might rather have a hole in one, it's just more, relatable? Hard to say but I'm pretty sure it's a different feeling.

I like your 2 story! Still waiting for my 2 on a 5.

- Alan

I have had a couple hole outs from the 100 yrd range.. the one that was the best was not even mine.. .

My father in law and I were playing Hole 1 of a 9 hole course.

He hits drive 3 wood to get to about 125.. Mind you he's 78 (now 80).. he grabs his club sets up and hits his approach I see him hit looks like a good shot nothing great, so I turn to walk to my ball before his stops.. 

I hit up and we get to the green and he cant' find his ball.. the hole is cut front half which is separated from the back by a ridge. I ask him are you sure it's not off the back ( if it would have caught the ridge with speed it might have rolled off) .. Nope he can't find it.. Jokingly I ask is it in the hole? he walks up lo and behold it's in the cup.. He gets's a great big smile and proudly announces that it was in the hole for his 1st ever eagle... first ever eagle, he's been playing for almost 50 years.. and he finally get' an eagle.. Very special moment.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

... Golf is such a strange game. I don't have a hole in one but my cousin who has never broken 100 has 3 of them. I have two double eagles but playing a mountain course I didn't see either go in the hole. Heard the guys in front screaming on the first one and my pard just finally looked in the hole to find my ball on the second. After playing more than 30 years I holed out a 3 iron from 181 two weeks ago, hitting a knockdown shot into a 15mph wind that landed 10 yds short of the green bounced and just rolled into the hole like a putt. It was a shot I pulled off exactly as attempted but of course I was not aiming for the hole, just the front of the green. Played QB thru college so I am not one to show my emotions on the outside, but inside I was just ecstatic and it carried over to the entire back 9. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I've had 1 HOI from about 110 and then I've hoped out from outside that a handful of times. It's wonderful every single time....but for some reason that chip in from 30 yards for par always feels the best.... Hahahaha.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I've had 2 hole in ones, but they both happen before I was 20, I'm 53 now, so I forgot how that felt, lol.

I have holed out quite a few chips and pitches over the years too and they all felt great!

The most recent was about 4 weeks ago from 127 with a PW on a par 5 for eagle! The ball landed just short of the pin and went in on one hop...the best part was my buddy was on the green in 2 and standing on the green when it went in.......he 3 putted for par...hehe

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I have holed out 4 times from over 100, one from 103 for a HIO 2 years ago, one from 105, and two from 132 for eagles.   Actually the eagles felt better, I had given up on ever getting a HIO and already had the 3 other hole outs, so I was not nearly as excited as I have seen other people when they had one.  

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I have holed out 4 times from over 100, one from 103 for a HIO 2 years ago, one from 105, and two from 132 for eagles. Actually the eagles felt better, I had given up on ever getting a HIO and already had the 3 other hole outs, so I was not nearly as excited as I have seen other people when they had one.

I had two HIO's on same hole Dawg did and one hole out for eagle 🦅 on a par four. It feels pretty frigging good

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

About 8 years ago, I holed one out from about 110, that was cool. Then early last year (2016) I hole out from 175 with my 7i with the red and white truvis ball, I didn't know it went in, it was during the dormant season and it was an overcast day and hard to see the ball on the dull grass, my playing partner said, I think that went in, and sure enough, when we got to where we could see the green a bit better, there was no ball that you could see. It was in the bottom of the cup. It feels pretty good when it happens, and you never really forget doing it.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Depends on what it's for. I had one on a par 5 where I hit my 3rd O.B. and holed out for par from 140 which was neat but an eagle hole out feels the best.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Depends on what it's for. I had one on a par 5 where I hit my 3rd O.B. and holed out for par from 140 which was neat but an eagle hole out feels the best.

The one and only time I saw it happen live was shot 5 for par but he didn't take drops. He chunked a few down the fairway to get to 120 out and drained it.

Haha I could hole out from 100+ for a triple bogey and I'd still be pumped!

In Myrtle Beach back in April I had 3 hole outs in the 7 rounds we played.   The best one was about 60-70 yards out and over a bunker, it hit the green rolled forward, turned right and went right in.  Then had another from about 20-30 yards out.  Last one was only about 15 yards out.

Years ago (when I had a longer drive) I drove the green on a 285 yard par 4 hole and ball stopped 12" short of the pin, tapped in for Eagle.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Well, today I had my second HIO, on #3 at beautiful Jonesco Golf course.  It was playing about 145 down hill so I hit a 3/4 6I.  It hopped once and rolled about 4 feet straight into the cup.  

19961446_10209630629379369_2048448150123

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Well, today I had my second HIO, on #3 at beautiful Jonesco Golf course. It was playing about 145 down hill so I hit a 3/4 6I. It hopped once and rolled about 4 feet straight into the cup.

19961446_10209630629379369_2048448150123

Shut your mouth! 🏌️⛳️

Congrats good buddy!!!!!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Archived