What does it feel like to hole out from 100+ yards?

I've had 2 hole in ones, but they both happen before I was 20, I'm 53 now, so I forgot how that felt, lol.

I have holed out quite a few chips and pitches over the years too and they all felt great!

The most recent was about 4 weeks ago from 127 with a PW on a par 5 for eagle! The ball landed just short of the pin and went in on one hop...the best part was my buddy was on the green in 2 and standing on the green when it went in.......he 3 putted for par...hehe

• Like 2

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's it like to hit a 7i 197? LOL   Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have to correct myself.  After reading Rusty's comment about it feeling like a hole in one, I remembered this one.   About 15 years ago I was playing a round with my two sisters who were both begi

Well, today I had my second HIO, on #3 at beautiful Jonesco Golf course.  It was playing about 145 down hill so I hit a 3/4 6I.  It hopped once and rolled about 4 feet straight into the cup.    

Posted Images

I have holed out 4 times from over 100, one from 103 for a HIO 2 years ago, one from 105, and two from 132 for eagles.   Actually the eagles felt better, I had given up on ever getting a HIO and already had the 3 other hole outs, so I was not nearly as excited as I have seen other people when they had one.  

• Like 1

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash with Mitsubishi C6 Red 50 R-flex  shaft
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

I have holed out 4 times from over 100, one from 103 for a HIO 2 years ago, one from 105, and two from 132 for eagles. Actually the eagles felt better, I had given up on ever getting a HIO and already had the 3 other hole outs, so I was not nearly as excited as I have seen other people when they had one.

I had two HIO's on same hole Dawg did and one hole out for eagle 🦅 on a par four. It feels pretty frigging good [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Ping
 2021 Fetch Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

About 8 years ago, I holed one out from about 110, that was cool. Then early last year (2016) I hole out from 175 with my 7i with the red and white truvis ball, I didn't know it went in, it was during the dormant season and it was an overcast day and hard to see the ball on the dull grass, my playing partner said, I think that went in, and sure enough, when we got to where we could see the green a bit better, there was no ball that you could see. It was in the bottom of the cup. It feels pretty good when it happens, and you never really forget doing it.

• Like 2

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Depends on what it's for. I had one on a par 5 where I hit my 3rd O.B. and holed out for par from 140 which was neat but an eagle hole out feels the best.

• Like 3

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Depends on what it's for. I had one on a par 5 where I hit my 3rd O.B. and holed out for par from 140 which was neat but an eagle hole out feels the best.

The one and only time I saw it happen live was shot 5 for par but he didn't take drops. He chunked a few down the fairway to get to 120 out and drained it.

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Haha I could hole out from 100+ for a triple bogey and I'd still be pumped!

• Like 1

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

In Myrtle Beach back in April I had 3 hole outs in the 7 rounds we played.   The best one was about 60-70 yards out and over a bunker, it hit the green rolled forward, turned right and went right in.  Then had another from about 20-30 yards out.  Last one was only about 15 yards out.

Years ago (when I had a longer drive) I drove the green on a 285 yard par 4 hole and ball stopped 12" short of the pin, tapped in for Eagle.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Well, today I had my second HIO, on #3 at beautiful Jonesco Golf course.  It was playing about 145 down hill so I hit a 3/4 6I.  It hopped once and rolled about 4 feet straight into the cup.  

19961446_10209630629379369_2048448150123

• Like 8

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash with Mitsubishi C6 Red 50 R-flex  shaft
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Well, today I had my second HIO, on #3 at beautiful Jonesco Golf course. It was playing about 145 down hill so I hit a 3/4 6I. It hopped once and rolled about 4 feet straight into the cup.

Shut your mouth! [emoji378]🏌️⛳️

Congrats good buddy!!!!!

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Ping
 2021 Fetch Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

Congrats on the HIO. Still waiting my turn.

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Nice!  Congrats!

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth

Congrats on the HIO DD!

• Like 1

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Tensei AV Raw Blue

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I better hurry up and run to the course. Good things happen in 3s!

• Like 1

So I've had three long hole outs (two hole-in-ones and one double eagle). Funny story on the first hole-in-one. So the night before the first one I had gone to a party in the middle of a field around a fire. I was in high school so this had to be hidden location. This was one of the first times I had been truly inebriated and before the end of the night I remember someone tackled me and then I had beer poured on my belly after someone had pulled up my sweater. Yeah, one of those nights. In the process I lost my glasses. Next day I went golfing and luckily joined with a friend on the fourth hole. I was wearing my spare glasses which were too weak. Then we get to the fifth hole which was about 165 yard with a green that has significant slopes in the back that run to the front of the green and the green flattens out at the front. The pin was back in the corner, kind of in the bottom of a bowl shaped area. So I hit and lose sight of the ball as it turned into a blur. My friend was like, "I think it went in". I said "I don't know". Because I literally didn't know. He hits and we go up to the green. I grab my putter because I don't believe him. But there it was, in the bottom of the hole. I could see the ball mark about six inches behind the pin and that the ball had rolled in. I didn't feel like I actually hit a hole-in-one though. Not seeing the ball drop in took the excitement away. Don't get me wrong, I understood I had done something most people never do, but I felt shorted. I guess that is the ultimate punishment for losing my glasses the night before and my parents not being happy with me.

The second hole out was everything a hole-in-one should be. It happened on the same hole, just with more people. One big bounce into the hole, and I saw it, and all four of us went nuts. It was a well struck shot.

The double eagle was slightly different story. I had been having a difficult time my junior year and after getting annoyed on the range I decided I should just go play. So the first hole is a shorter par 5. I hit my drive which was long enough but poorly struck, it left me with about 205 into the green. I hit a thin three iron that land 20 yards short of the green then bounces on the elevated green, rolls, and stopped by the pin. I was not a happy person before I hit it which changed after it went in but I wasn't exactly on cloud nine either because I knew I had hit the shot poorly.

All-in-all I feel lucky to have what I do. You feel on top of the world though if it happens on a well struck shot.

• Like 2

So I've had three long hole outs (two hole-in-ones and one double eagle). Funny story on the first hole-in-one. So the night before the first one I had gone to a party in the middle of a field around a fire. I was in high school so this had to be hidden location. This was one of the first times I had been truly inebriated and before the end of the night I remember someone tackled me and then I had beer poured on my belly after someone had pulled up my sweater. Yeah, one of those nights. In the process I lost my glasses. Next day I went golfing and luckily joined with a friend on the fourth hole. I was wearing my spare glasses which were too weak. Then we get to the fifth hole which was about 165 yard with a green that has significant slopes in the back that run to the front of the green and the green flattens out at the front. The pin was back in the corner, kind of in the bottom of a bowl shaped area. So I hit and lose sight of the ball as it turned into a blur. My friend was like, "I think it went in". I said "I don't know". Because I literally didn't know. He hits and we go up to the green. I grab my putter because I don't believe him. But there it was, in the bottom of the hole. I could see the ball mark about six inches behind the pin and that the ball had rolled in. I didn't feel like I actually hit a hole-in-one though. Not seeing the ball drop in took the excitement away. Don't get me wrong, I understood I had done something most people never do, but I felt shorted. I guess that is the ultimate punishment for losing my glasses the night before and my parents not being happy with me.

The second hole out was everything a hole-in-one should be. It happened on the same hole, just with more people. One big bounce into the hole, and I saw it, and all four of us went nuts. It was a well struck shot.

The double eagle was slightly different story. I had been having a difficult time my junior year and after getting annoyed on the range I decided I should just go play. So the first hole is a shorter par 5. I hit my drive which was long enough but poorly struck, it left me with about 205 into the green. I hit a thin three iron that land 20 yards short of the green then bounces on the elevated green, rolls, and stopped by the pin. I was not a happy person before I hit it which changed after it went in but I wasn't exactly on cloud nine either because I knew I had hit the shot poorly.

All-in-all I feel lucky to have what I do. You feel on top of the world though if it happens on a well struck shot.

That reminded me of the first time I met OJ Simpson

• Like 1

The one time it happened for me, it felt great (even though it was for par).  

• Like 1

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Congrats!

Mine was a 235 3 wood for a 225 uphill second on a par 4.

Saved a lousy drive and to this day I think I can do it again, but never have.

A buddy was coming off the green and was jumping up and down pointing at the hole. He was the joker type so we thought he was messing with us. Gave me a beer and life was good.

• Like 1

I don't recall any 100+ hole outs, at least that I can remember. I've had a few from around 40-50 yards. It feels good but probably not near as exciting as something from double that distance

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1