Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What does it feel like to hole out from 100+ yards?

STUDque

Congrats on the HIO. Still waiting my turn.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Well, today I had my second HIO, on #3 at beautiful Jonesco Golf course.  It was playing about 145 down hill so I hit a 3/4 6I.  It hopped once and rolled about 4 feet straight into the cup.  

19961446_10209630629379369_2048448150123

Nice!  Congrats!

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Congrats on the HIO DD!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I better hurry up and run to the course. Good things happen in 3s!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

So I've had three long hole outs (two hole-in-ones and one double eagle). Funny story on the first hole-in-one. So the night before the first one I had gone to a party in the middle of a field around a fire. I was in high school so this had to be hidden location. This was one of the first times I had been truly inebriated and before the end of the night I remember someone tackled me and then I had beer poured on my belly after someone had pulled up my sweater. Yeah, one of those nights. In the process I lost my glasses. Next day I went golfing and luckily joined with a friend on the fourth hole. I was wearing my spare glasses which were too weak. Then we get to the fifth hole which was about 165 yard with a green that has significant slopes in the back that run to the front of the green and the green flattens out at the front. The pin was back in the corner, kind of in the bottom of a bowl shaped area. So I hit and lose sight of the ball as it turned into a blur. My friend was like, "I think it went in". I said "I don't know". Because I literally didn't know. He hits and we go up to the green. I grab my putter because I don't believe him. But there it was, in the bottom of the hole. I could see the ball mark about six inches behind the pin and that the ball had rolled in. I didn't feel like I actually hit a hole-in-one though. Not seeing the ball drop in took the excitement away. Don't get me wrong, I understood I had done something most people never do, but I felt shorted. I guess that is the ultimate punishment for losing my glasses the night before and my parents not being happy with me.

The second hole out was everything a hole-in-one should be. It happened on the same hole, just with more people. One big bounce into the hole, and I saw it, and all four of us went nuts. It was a well struck shot.

The double eagle was slightly different story. I had been having a difficult time my junior year and after getting annoyed on the range I decided I should just go play. So the first hole is a shorter par 5. I hit my drive which was long enough but poorly struck, it left me with about 205 into the green. I hit a thin three iron that land 20 yards short of the green then bounces on the elevated green, rolls, and stopped by the pin. I was not a happy person before I hit it which changed after it went in but I wasn't exactly on cloud nine either because I knew I had hit the shot poorly.

All-in-all I feel lucky to have what I do. You feel on top of the world though if it happens on a well struck shot.

So I've had three long hole outs (two hole-in-ones and one double eagle). Funny story on the first hole-in-one. So the night before the first one I had gone to a party in the middle of a field around a fire. I was in high school so this had to be hidden location. This was one of the first times I had been truly inebriated and before the end of the night I remember someone tackled me and then I had beer poured on my belly after someone had pulled up my sweater. Yeah, one of those nights. In the process I lost my glasses. Next day I went golfing and luckily joined with a friend on the fourth hole. I was wearing my spare glasses which were too weak. Then we get to the fifth hole which was about 165 yard with a green that has significant slopes in the back that run to the front of the green and the green flattens out at the front. The pin was back in the corner, kind of in the bottom of a bowl shaped area. So I hit and lose sight of the ball as it turned into a blur. My friend was like, "I think it went in". I said "I don't know". Because I literally didn't know. He hits and we go up to the green. I grab my putter because I don't believe him. But there it was, in the bottom of the hole. I could see the ball mark about six inches behind the pin and that the ball had rolled in. I didn't feel like I actually hit a hole-in-one though. Not seeing the ball drop in took the excitement away. Don't get me wrong, I understood I had done something most people never do, but I felt shorted. I guess that is the ultimate punishment for losing my glasses the night before and my parents not being happy with me.

The second hole out was everything a hole-in-one should be. It happened on the same hole, just with more people. One big bounce into the hole, and I saw it, and all four of us went nuts. It was a well struck shot.

The double eagle was slightly different story. I had been having a difficult time my junior year and after getting annoyed on the range I decided I should just go play. So the first hole is a shorter par 5. I hit my drive which was long enough but poorly struck, it left me with about 205 into the green. I hit a thin three iron that land 20 yards short of the green then bounces on the elevated green, rolls, and stopped by the pin. I was not a happy person before I hit it which changed after it went in but I wasn't exactly on cloud nine either because I knew I had hit the shot poorly.

All-in-all I feel lucky to have what I do. You feel on top of the world though if it happens on a well struck shot.

That reminded me of the first time I met OJ Simpson

The one time it happened for me, it felt great (even though it was for par).  

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Congrats!

Mine was a 235 3 wood for a 225 uphill second on a par 4.

Saved a lousy drive and to this day I think I can do it again, but never have.

A buddy was coming off the green and was jumping up and down pointing at the hole. He was the joker type so we thought he was messing with us. Gave me a beer and life was good.

I don't recall any 100+ hole outs, at least that I can remember. I've had a few from around 40-50 yards. It feels good but probably not near as exciting as something from double that distance

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

I don't recall any 100+ hole outs, at least that I can remember. I've had a few from around 40-50 yards. It feels good but probably not near as exciting as something from double that distance

I did have one stop inches from the pin at about 55 yards a few weeks back. For the same price, that ball should've just gone in!

The first two eagles I ever made were hole-outs from about 125 yards.  Since then, I've made a couple more, and have two HIOs.  The second hole-in-one was on a round where I was playing extremely terrible.  It was a tournament where they put all the pins in ridiculous places (like a greenskeeper's revenge type of tournament).  The hole was literally on a big slope.  I hit it and saw it rolling down the hill and I lost site of it.  When we got up there, it was sitting in the hole, so I can only assume it just happened to hit the flagstick on the way down the hill and drop.  That was the only good thing about that day. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Mine was a crazy rush. We were playing in a two man scramble and my partner hits a beautiful drive leaving us 115 out and I hit a perfect wedge that lands about 2 yards above the hole and roles back in. That put us 4 under through 2 ( we eagled the par 5 we started on) I think the group on the next tee box were more excited than we were.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Mine was a crazy rush. We were playing in a two man scramble and my partner hits a beautiful drive leaving us 115 out and I hit a perfect wedge that lands about 2 yards above the hole and roles back in. That put us 4 under through 2 ( we eagled the par 5 we started on) I think the group on the next tee box were more excited than we were.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

How'd you finish?

It feels awesome...however I've only ever seen one go in and it was from 185 for eagle.

I've holed out 6 times...one for an ace and only ever saw one go in. I like to hole out on uphill shots...and there's also a debate if it was me or my teammate that aced a par 4 in a practice round...i was outnumbered in the debate

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

It feels awesome...however I've only ever seen one go in and it was from 185 for eagle.

I've holed out 6 times...one for an ace and only ever saw one go in. I like to hole out on uphill shots...and there's also a debate if it was me or my teammate that aced a par 4 in a practice round...i was outnumbered in the debate

If only we could all have cameras around the greens to chronicle what the ball actually does on the green.

One course around me has a security camera set up on one of the par 3's then offers a gift card to the pro shop if you get a HIO. If that ever happened to me, I'd probably save the tape and show it to all my visitors

It's awesome. My first hole in one came on a 145 yard hole during a high school golf tourney. My best friend was on the next tee box and watched it hit about 6 inches from the cup and one hop in. Although it is pretty hard to stay focused after that.

Driver:  Titleist TSR4
3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth Plus
2 Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi
4-GW IronsMIZUNO PRO 225
Wedges 51* and 56*: Honma TII World
Putter: PXG Spitfire GEN2

Ok I didn't get a 100+ yard hole out but it was 40 yard flop with a 64* flew it all the way to the hole take one short hop and check sideway, in it went! And the most awesome of all we played as 5some and all others were on the green. Nothing worse in golf than to hit a great shot and no witnesses. It was for a birdie but it felt like eagle:)

Feels pretty good. I flew one in the jar yesterday from 109 with a GW for eagle. Haven't jarred one in the fly in several years.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Been an eternity ago for me.But I've had 3 aces and holed out for eagle a few times as well.All the shots were totally unexpected.Sure made up for all the other duffs and stumbles on those days

Keep it in the short stuff

• 1 month later...

I did it. I hit a "HiO" from 125y yesterday. It felt like crap.

After a quick 9, we set up in the rough to hit some balls at an island green across the way. Just a quick "closest to the hole" competition. I hit a good one, landed short, and stopped. I was the only one on the green so I didn't bother to watch it anymore and we got in the carts and rode over to the green. When we get there, there's no ball on the green and one on the fringe. Mine is not the fringe ball. I check the cup and it's in there. I got this stupid look on my face when I realized what had happened.

It felt like crap for 2 reasons:

1) It didn't count in a normal round

2) I didn't even bother to watch it go in and celebrate. I thought it had stopped! UGH!!!

No aces for me either.

A few 150+ for eagles, many eagles on par 5's

No double eagles

Some things are not meant to be...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

My best was from 150 out. There was a high school team practicing in front of me so it was a SLOW round. Hit a beautiful 8 iron. The 2 kids in front heard it hit the pin turn around threw their hands in the air and screamed " ITS IN!!! IT WENT IN!!!!!!!!" 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

It's fun. It's even more fun when you hit it past the flag and pull it back on a string. It feels best when you purposefully aim towards a ledge and allow it to funnel back. I have a few and the high fives felt great.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I have had one Ace and 3 Eagles, from 140, 140 & 154. It feels Great!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

It feels almost as good as a Hole-In-One (I've had 6) but anytime you are not having to take the putter out to finish the hole is a good time in my book.  (you can probably guess I don't have much confidence in my putting right now! HA!) 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

It feels almost as good as a Hole-In-One (I've had 6) but anytime you are not having to take the putter out to finish the hole is a good time in my book.  (you can probably guess I don't have much confidence in my putting right now! HA!) 

... I wouldn't know as I have never had a HIO. I have 2 double eagles, I have holed out from 100 and beyond but no HIO's. I have peppered the hole and spun balls back and lipped out and have landed dead in the hole twice but the ball bounced out both times. My cousin, who has never broken 100 has 3 HIO's!?!? But I guess of all the things in life that cause disappointment, my lack of a HIO is probably so far down the list it doesn't really exist other than well past 1,000 for white peoples problems.  :blink:

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

First time I hold out from 100+ was one of the coolest. I was playing the course we play our big high school state qualifier on. Holed out from 122 playing by myself, except for my dad.

He doesn't play but when I was younger he'd come along and drive the cart and try to understand why I loved this game so much. So that was cool.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Funny story... it just happened last weekend:

a9.JPG

Par 5, from the white tees 444m (or 485 yards)

Holed out 3rd shot from 90m (or 98 yards) with a gap wedge

But unfortunately, it was not an eagle, since I topped my tee shot into the first water hazard :lol:

Not a bad par though :P

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived