Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What grips are you using?

null

Best way to describe it is the surface seemed to harden. I did clean with dawn and hot water. Still had grip but personally just prefer the feel & texture of GP MCCs

it was between this one and the wrap that has a sandpaper like texture but I decided to go with the utx.... the choices with the Arccos are somewhat limited.  hope I didn't make a mistake.   :unsure:

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always loved cord in my grips- just seem to help me grip easy, wet or dry. Currently I'm digging the NDMC, but haven't been able to play much since the MCC+4 came out- I definitely want to try those, as I like less taper.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 2 weeks later...

I like the non-taper Golf Pride CP2 grips - standard size...

Last year I had the blue ones, this year I went with the red.... not a big fan of the red and will probably switch back to the blue.

attachicon.gifcp2.jpg

Me too - one extra wrap please on everything through PW. I have Lamkins in my SCOR wedges (just ordered a 10 pack for regroups). I have a Winn Midsized on my putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

NDMCC plus4 undersize on sale at Golf Galaxy for 5.00Screenshot_20170809-172325.png

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Just got a set of No1 Pros.  I hope they perform better in the rain than Tour Velvets, which are great otherwise.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

Best Grips leather micro perfs, best ive ever tried, and ive tried them all. My hands sweat excessively and ive always struggled to find a grip that performs for me. I could play without a glove now if i wanted to.

Firm feel, no twisting, extremely tacky, and stitching on backside is a nice reminder but not bulky at all.

Couldnt be happier w them, and dont even mind the price at $17/per in lieu of their performance

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I use different grips on different clubs to get a different feel

56 and 60 wedges Maltby Version of the Tour Velvet

Mac Irons GP Tour Wraps

Driver same grip as the wedges

3 Wood  Lamkin UTX Cord

Hybrids Tacki Mac wraps

Since I use air to blow my grips on I switch around quite a bit and I have a lot of the Tacki Mac wraps and the Maltby Tour Velvets. I know I do some odd stuff but one of the ways I tune  the club feel for me is through the grips. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 4 weeks later...

I like the non-taper Golf Pride CP2 grips - standard size...

Last year I had the blue ones, this year I went with the red.... not a big fan of the red and will probably switch back to the blue.

attachicon.gifcp2.jpg

Also have the CP2 Wrap .. top one on your photo, with the blue. Standard, no extra wraps.

Pretty happy with these; seem to be ever so slightly larger around than, say a Tour Velvet, with a very slight "give" and good texture so a very comfortable grip. Also like the less taper .. on both ends .. too.

Although, and I realize this is not an optimal setup, but .. the CP2 is only on my irons. On clubs I've picked up off Callaway Pre-Owned (woods and wedges) I've just left the new but standard grip they put on.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I used to have Winn DriTac's, they were super tacky but they got beat up real fast.  I've since switched to Lamkin UTXs, but am gonna give the NO1 50 Series grips a chance.

Currently Playing:

• Callaway Epic MAX LS
  • TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium
  • Callaway X-Forged Utility
  • Srixon Z765
  • Cleveland RTX4
  • Evnroll ER1.2

MCC Plus 4's on all of my clubs. Love their durability, and since I play with a glove, they don't tear up my hand. There are very few grips that I can play that I don't feel as if they'll fly out of my hand if I don't hold the club with a death grip ... these fit the bill though.

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Cobra F6

Fairway: Cobra F6 3/4

Hybrids: Wilson Staff D100ES (4 & 5)

Irons: Wilson Staff C200 (6i to GW)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX (52, 56, and 60°)

Putter: Happy Putter Blade

Took a look at mine and here goes:

Driver, 3 wood - golf pride tour velvet

Hybrids: shaft option 1 - tour velvet. Shaft option 2 - superstroke s tech (testing shafts and they are what I already had)

Irons: callaway stock grips; no manufacturer

Wedges: lamkin crossline

Putter: grip 1 round no taper.

I don't get too hung up on the various grips, probably should standardize even some are different sizes. My putter grip is the one I try different styles to get the feel and performance I want.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Archived