Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TeI3 gets Studio Select treatment..........and likes it.

golfluvzme

I was asked, earlier this year to put a maintenance free finish on a customer's TeI3 Newport 2 and a few other details. We added a nickel plating to the insert, gave it a full-face milling and some personal stamping on sole and bumpers. The customer received his putter, loved it, but had a brainstorm hit one night while roaming Ebay and asked if I thought it was possible to put Studio Select weights in the sole of his TeI3 putter.............

Here she is, in all of her new-found Studio Select/ TeI3 Hybrid glory.

The weights screw in, just like the stock Studio Select and fit like a glove. This project is really a showcase for finding the best guys in the field you are working in and building a relationship that bears fruit. The gentleman who does the mill work that is over my head or beyond my abilities is one of the best younger minds in that field. He has his limitations, but his talent is expanding, daily.

Check out the pictures and share your thoughts. I already know that I'll get hammered by some for the "PROTOTYPE" stamping, but when that was done, this was a prototype for my work on the insert. You don't see full face milling on TeI3's very often and this was only the second that I had attempted. As well, the nickel plated insert is also not something seen every day. Now, with the genuine Circle T Studio Select weights, it is a prototype for the work that MannKrafted is capable of putting out.

Upon weighing this one, it seems as though no weight difference was made, from adding the weights. It was a bit of a light putter, at the very start of our work, and there is no significant addition to this after adding the weights.

I look forward to your comments and hope that it is received for what it really is, a young man's dream putter that came together with a decent amount of sweat and honest thought.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

PS, I just saw the "new PROTOTYPE" that Scotty introduced for his convention. If you were a Cameronite, which would you rather have? A current design that was tweaked just a little and dressed up with engraving, or something like this? A true Classic Cameron that was treated to some of Scotty's best ideas in recent memory. Food for thought, and nothing more.

Please don't take this as a jab at Scotty. He has a creative mind that is second to almost no one in the putter world, today. I just think that this type of project may never have been considered and it has real merit, IMHO.

2010_08280013.jpg

2010_08280012.jpg

2010_08280018.jpg

2010_08280015.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I still want those weights LaMont.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

She is getting stripped back to raw and a little glossier black is our goal. Paint fill should stay pretty close to the same, but she will have a little more sheen to her.

The owner is going all out and has put together some nice details for this one. It is getting a Circle T shaft and a sweet, White/Red Custom Shop grip. I was diggin' that new grip. I long for the deep pockets that exist in Scotty's world. To have the backing to take any idea that comes to mind and make it happen...................THAT would be cool.

Keep yer eyes on this one, she is happening soon.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

• 2 weeks later...

Going with a polished PVD finish? Regardless, possibly the sexiest custom Scotty ever.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived