TESTERS WANTED! ×

Other Forums?

STUDque

Just curious what the general population here subscribes to outside of this great community.

For myself, this is the only forum I'm a member of but I browse the heck out of imgur. Forgive me if I use sayings from that site that no one else gets.

I give MGS a perfect 5/7 rating

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Previously on WRX and THP

Now I only go on THP to keep track of the local guys I play with. And WRX only now and then, but it's usually just a quick peek in and out.

Much prefer to spend time on MGS where everyone's input is valued and done so in a very friendly and welcoming manner.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'm on WRX and THP, but don't frequent them anymore, I much prefer the atmosphere here at MGS

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On THP along with MGS.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver :cobra-small: King F6 matrix White Tie shaft

3 Wood : :taylormade-small: Rocketballz 15* Matrix Ozik X-con5

5 wood :taylormade-small: Rocketballz 19* Matrix Ozik X-con5

Hybrid :taylormade-small: Burner 3H , :cobra-small: King F7 4-5 hybrid

Irons  6-PW :cobra-small:  King Cobra SZ

wedges  :cleveland-small: CG16 52*,56*

Putter :odyssey-small:  Sabertooth

Ball :srixon-small: Tour yellow Q Star or :callaway-small: Chrome Soft yellow/black Truvis

I used to be on WRX for a couple weeks, but not any longer. I'm on THP maybe a couple times a week. I'm on here every hour.

This is the best community, hands down. I feel more connected with everyone here.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I was on THP for years until I found my soul mate in MGS. You will know when you have found your true home and I'm here to stay. MGS is second to none and you'll find no better place to hang your hat.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I've been on WRX for a long time, but I don't really post. I follow the local Chicago thread a little and look at equipment there. I'm involved on THP as well. Lots of good folks there. And then of course MGS. Really like the atmosphere around here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I'm on WRX and THP, but don't frequent them anymore, I much prefer the atmosphere here at MGS

I used to be on WRX for a couple weeks, but not any longer. I'm on THP maybe a couple times a week. I'm on here every hour.

This is the best community, hands down. I feel more connected with everyone here.

I was on THP for years until I found my soul mate in MGS. You will know when you have found your true home and I'm here to stay. MGS is second to none and you'll find no better place to hang your hat.

Couldn't have said it better than these guys right here!!

I've been on WRX for a long time, but I don't really post. I follow the local Chicago thread a little and look at equipment there. I'm involved on THP as well. Lots of good folks there. And then of course MGS. Really like the atmosphere around here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have many good friends over there (THP) who have become life time friends.  That's the good thing about these forums, you really become family. 

Cleveland

I have many good friends over there (THP) who have become life time friends. That's the good thing about these forums, you really become family.

Probably talk to these folks more than real life family too haha!

These common interests really bring people together. Golf is one of those topics that can never be exhausted because the game is always changing.

Probably talk to these folks more than real life family too haha!

These common interests really bring people together. Golf is one of those topics that can never be exhausted because the game is always changing.

You'd think a person would be paranoid about traveling to an event to meet a bunch of strangers however it's led to some strong relationships for me.   I would encourage any of our members (MGS) to reach out and get a few rounds of golf in with those in your area.  You will not be sorry. 

Cleveland

I am a WRX member but never was able to get any type of conversations or friendships going, might be me and not them, I don't know.  

I am also a THP member, I was fairly active for years and met many awesome folks there, many are on MGS now.  One of the first folks I met there was my brother from another ole gray!  I still look in over there maybe once a month to read up on what some of my friends there are up to.  

I am also active on a few Georgia Bulldog sites, surprise huh?  

MGS is my golf site of choice, and I imagine it will be for the rest of my life.  I like the community and feel very welcome and appreciated as a member here. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I am a WRX member but never was able to get any type of conversations or friendships going, might be me and not them, I don't know.  

I am also a THP member, I was fairly active for years and met many awesome folks there, many are on MGS now.  One of the first folks I met there was my brother from another ole gray!  I still look in over there maybe once a month to read up on what some of my friends there are up to.  

MGS is my golf site of choice, and I imagine it will be for the rest of my life.  I like the community and feel very welcome and appreciated as a member here. 

Hell we've slept together on numerous occasions!  ;)   jk but not really :D 

Cleveland

Hell we've slept together on numerous occasions!  ;)   jk but not really :D

Just for clarification, same room not same bed, lol.

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Just for clarification, same room not same bed, lol.

lmao I knew that would ring ya bell...  :D 

Ok folks see how much fun us old forum vets can have...  ;) 

Cleveland

You'd think a person would be paranoid about traveling to an event to meet a bunch of strangers however it's led to some strong relationships for me. I would encourage any of our members (MGS) to reach out and get a few rounds of golf in with those in your area. You will not be sorry.

A few of us Spies are playing next weekend as part of a local MD/VA group getting together.

Hopefully it'll be the start of many MGS gatherings here.

I am also a THP member, I was fairly active for years and met many awesome folks there, many are on MGS now. One of the first folks I met there was my brother from another ole gray! I still look in over there maybe once a month to read up on what some of my friends there are up to.

MGS is my golf site of choice, and I imagine it will be for the rest of my life. I like the community and feel very welcome and appreciated as a member here.

You nailed it on the feeling welcome part. And it's done in a very sincere way.

Thank you shouldn't be such a hard phrase for anyone to use. Doesn't cost a penny.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

A few of us Spies are playing next weekend as part of a local MD/VA group getting together.

Hopefully it'll be the start of many MGS gatherings here.

You nailed it on the feeling welcome part. And it's done in a very sincere way.

Thank you shouldn't be such a hard phrase for anyone to use. Doesn't cost a penny.

Maybe you'll get to take those Mizunos out with the gang! Where are you guys playing?

i browse other golf forums (GEA, WRX, THP, PutterTalk) outside of MGS.  I post and participate primarily on MGS.  

I find that each forum has small things that i find interesting that isn't covered on the other forums.  

For example.  

GEA - Not sure why I go here anymore,  very little that I actually read. 

WRX - Tour Event/Bag photos, Tour talk, and putter section.  Mostly read,  will post in an occasional thread.

THP - Occasional good thread,  mostly just read the thread title and move on. Feel like you have to be part of the in crowd to really get any engagement and they don't seem to like opinions that differ for those in the in group.  Have a DMV focused thread.

Puttertalk - I love putters since 99% of the talk is about putters I go here.  Also the home forum for my putitng instructor.

MGS- Just good golf related topics.   I don't personally like to share lots of personal details,  I just want to talk about everything golf.  Obviously best place for equipment reviews that aren't biased by manufacturers.   Feel like my opinion is valued.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Maybe you'll get to take those Mizunos out with the gang! Where are you guys playing?

Depending on the timing,  It could be a Mizuno and KBS Hybrid shaft testing day.  :wub:      We are playing Royal New Kent and Brickshire and I am looking forward to meeting and playing with CG2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

THP... Feel like you have to be part of the in crowd to really get any engagement and they don't seem to like opinions that differ for those in the in group.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I used to participate there quite often months ago, but I feel like if you aren't one of the regulars, you don't really get much interaction.

Depending on the timing, It could be a Mizuno and KBS Hybrid shaft testing day. :wub: We are playing Royal New Kent and Brickshire and I am looking forward to meeting and playing with CG2

Definitely looking forward to it and hope we both have our test items. But either way it'll be a great time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I used to participate there quite often months ago, but I feel like if you aren't one of the regulars, you don't really get much interaction.

Oh believe me you're not. Its becoming more common than they want to realize. Not to keep harping but maybe I am. You don't have members with over 100,000 post combined (dawg daddy, ole gray and me) leave for just no reason.

But the silver lining is we all found MGS on our own I might add. And so very thankful for the great community of members and staff here.

Oh believe me you're not. Its becoming more common than they want to realize. Not to keep harping but maybe I am. You don't have members with over 100,000 post combined (dawg daddy, ole gray and me) leave for just no reason.

But the silver lining is we all found MGS on our own I might add. And so very thankful for the great community of members and staff here.

Yeah, that's crazy. In my opinion, MGS is so much more welcoming. I'm glad I'm a part of this community, and plan on being here for as long as they allow. Haha.

Yeah, that's crazy. In my opinion, MGS is so much more welcoming. I'm glad I'm a part of this community, and plan on being here for as long as they allow. Haha.

Absolutely agree. MGS couldn't gets rid of me if they tried. Well they actually can, but you know what I mean. Ha

I'm on THP & WRX too but not very often.

I am always on MGS checking out what's happening. MGS has the best group of people.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Archived