You'd think a person would be paranoid about traveling to an event to meet a bunch of strangers however it's led to some strong relationships for me. I would encourage any of our members (MGS) to reach out and get a few rounds of golf in with those in your area. You will not be sorry.

A few of us Spies are playing next weekend as part of a local MD/VA group getting together.

Hopefully it'll be the start of many MGS gatherings here.

I am a WRX member but never was able to get any type of conversations or friendships going, might be me and not them, I don't know.

I am also a THP member, I was fairly active for years and met many awesome folks there, many are on MGS now. One of the first folks I met there was my brother from another ole gray! I still look in over there maybe once a month to read up on what some of my friends there are up to.

I am also active on a few Georgia Bulldog sites, surprise huh?

MGS is my golf site of choice, and I imagine it will be for the rest of my life. I like the community and feel very welcome and appreciated as a member here.

You nailed it on the feeling welcome part. And it's done in a very sincere way.

Thank you shouldn't be such a hard phrase for anyone to use. Doesn't cost a penny.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on THP for years until I found my soul mate in MGS. [emoji7] You will know when you have found your true home and I'm here to stay. MGS is second to none and you'll find no better place to h

... Right there with you. What a great forum when it started. Very similar to MGS but once the GC forum collapsed a bunch of antagonists cam over and it started to be more drama than golf. Then the Fu

I am on WRX but only certain civilized areas like the Classic Golf and Golfers and the Clubhouse Grille Section of the 19th hole. MGS is more civilized and we are getting new great members all the tim

Posted Images

A few of us Spies are playing next weekend as part of a local MD/VA group getting together.

Hopefully it'll be the start of many MGS gatherings here.

You nailed it on the feeling welcome part. And it's done in a very sincere way.

Thank you shouldn't be such a hard phrase for anyone to use. Doesn't cost a penny.

Maybe you'll get to take those Mizunos out with the gang! Where are you guys playing?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

i browse other golf forums (GEA, WRX, THP, PutterTalk) outside of MGS.  I post and participate primarily on MGS.  

I find that each forum has small things that i find interesting that isn't covered on the other forums.  

For example.  

GEA - Not sure why I go here anymore,  very little that I actually read. 

WRX - Tour Event/Bag photos, Tour talk, and putter section.  Mostly read,  will post in an occasional thread.

THP - Occasional good thread,  mostly just read the thread title and move on. Feel like you have to be part of the in crowd to really get any engagement and they don't seem to like opinions that differ for those in the in group.  Have a DMV focused thread.

Puttertalk - I love putters since 99% of the talk is about putters I go here.  Also the home forum for my putitng instructor.

MGS- Just good golf related topics.   I don't personally like to share lots of personal details,  I just want to talk about everything golf.  Obviously best place for equipment reviews that aren't biased by manufacturers.   Feel like my opinion is valued.

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Maybe you'll get to take those Mizunos out with the gang! Where are you guys playing?

Depending on the timing,  It could be a Mizuno and KBS Hybrid shaft testing day.  :wub:      We are playing Royal New Kent and Brickshire and I am looking forward to meeting and playing with CG2

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

THP... Feel like you have to be part of the in crowd to really get any engagement and they don't seem to like opinions that differ for those in the in group.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I used to participate there quite often months ago, but I feel like if you aren't one of the regulars, you don't really get much interaction.

• Like 5

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Depending on the timing, It could be a Mizuno and KBS Hybrid shaft testing day. :wub: We are playing Royal New Kent and Brickshire and I am looking forward to meeting and playing with CG2

Definitely looking forward to it and hope we both have our test items. But either way it'll be a great time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I used to participate there quite often months ago, but I feel like if you aren't one of the regulars, you don't really get much interaction.

Oh believe me you're not. Its becoming more common than they want to realize. Not to keep harping but maybe I am. You don't have members with over 100,000 post combined (dawg daddy, ole gray and me) leave for just no reason.

But the silver lining is we all found MGS on our own I might add. And so very thankful for the great community of members and staff here.

• Like 5

Oh believe me you're not. Its becoming more common than they want to realize. Not to keep harping but maybe I am. You don't have members with over 100,000 post combined (dawg daddy, ole gray and me) leave for just no reason.

But the silver lining is we all found MGS on our own I might add. And so very thankful for the great community of members and staff here.

Yeah, that's crazy. In my opinion, MGS is so much more welcoming. I'm glad I'm a part of this community, and plan on being here for as long as they allow. Haha.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Yeah, that's crazy. In my opinion, MGS is so much more welcoming. I'm glad I'm a part of this community, and plan on being here for as long as they allow. Haha.

Absolutely agree. MGS couldn't gets rid of me if they tried. Well they actually can, but you know what I mean. Ha

• Like 3

I'm on THP & WRX too but not very often.

I am always on MGS checking out what's happening. MGS has the best group of people.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

What about non-golf sites?

What about non-golf sites?

The only other forum I belong to is a college basketball one. That I actually just read more than post to keep up with what's going on in the conference.

• Like 1

I am on WRX but only certain civilized areas like the Classic Golf and Golfers and the Clubhouse Grille Section of the 19th hole. MGS is more civilized and we are getting new great members all the time every day. No one seems to get their panties in a wad over here and we have a great time. Great Staff and Mods too. You can also freely state your religious beliefs or lack of freely here. Heck we even have a real preacher on here in Rev Kev. Yep we pick on each other in good spirit.  I have been on here a while so I guess I qualify as a "Elder Statesman" in both age and seniority. I also claim the title of resident Redneck and classic club ho too. Ole Gray has been challenging me lately for the Resident Redneck Title too! But it is all in fun

• Like 7

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

I lurk around WRX a bit, but am not very active. I've been a member there since 2006 and only have 104 posts! I like the classic clubs area there but hopefully we can get a classic area here at some point.

As for others, I'm active in a couple guitar forums and a hockey forum and that's it.

I probably spend most time here. I prefer casual forums, WRX can be a bit intense at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Besides here, I also post regularly on TheSandTrap.  There's much more activity there in the areas of rules and instruction, where here there's a bigger emphasis on equipment and testing.  On both sites people stay pretty calm and considerate, and I've learned a whole lot from each.

• Like 4

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I am on WRX but only certain civilized areas like the Classic Golf and Golfers and the Clubhouse Grille Section of the 19th hole. MGS is more civilized and we are getting new great members all the time every day. No one seems to get their panties in a wad over here and we have a great time. Great Staff and Mods too. You can also freely state your religious beliefs or lack of freely here. Heck we even have a real preacher on here in Rev Kev. Yep we pick on each other in good spirit. I have been on here a while so I guess I qualify as a "Elder Statesman" in both age and seniority. I also claim the title of resident Redneck and classic club ho too. Ole Gray has been challenging me lately for the Resident Redneck Title too! But it is all in fun

I be on you like a blue tic on a prize coon bruther [emoji378]

I went to a high cotton Country Club club today to talk about a fitting for my Bettinardi putter review. I was in my old pickup truck and rolled up to the guard shack. He looked at me funny however after calling the pro shop let me in. I parked in the members parking lot and it was loaded with high dollar cars. Hell I looked like Sanford & Son with my old truck. Once in side I had all of them socialites rolling in the floor laughing. The pro ask me if I wanted to play a round of golf. I told em no cuz, it's too frigging hot for me today however I would take a rain check. He said said come on back and check our course out . [emoji6] I guess he wants me join em. Lol

• Like 6

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Ping
 2021 Fetch Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

I lurk around WRX a bit, but am not very active. I've been a member there since 2006 and only have 104 posts! I like the classic clubs area there but hopefully we can get a classic area here at some point.

As for others, I'm active in a couple guitar forums and a hockey forum and that's it.

I probably spend most time here. I prefer casual forums, WRX can be a bit intense at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah we are getting a few more classic club guys on here since you and some others have joined. For a long time I was the only classic club guy on here and that was back in the days when I was front line gaming the Mac VIPs and the older non conforming Cleveland 588s. The front line stuff has gotten a little more modern (see my signature) but I still play with my assortment of vintage stuff quite a bit too. If we get enough interested folks in the classics I am sure Adam and the staff can and will create us a forum

• Like 1

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

I be on you like a blue tic on a prize coon bruther [emoji378]

I went to a high cotton Country Club club today to talk about a fitting for my Bettinardi putter review. I was in my old pickup truck and rolled up to the guard shack. He looked at me funny however after calling the pro shop let me in. I parked in the members parking lot and it was loaded with high dollar cars. Hell I looked like Sanford & Son with my old truck. Once in side I had all of them socialites rolling in the floor laughing. The pro ask me if I wanted to play a round of golf. I told em no cuz, it's too frigging hot for me today however I would take a rain check. He said said come on back and check our course out . [emoji6] I guess he wants me join em. Lol

Goes to show everyone likes having a good ole boy Redneck around--- Love it when I play a course I do not normally play--- I roll up in my raggety Dakota Pickup with the stereo blasting rock and roll drop the tailgate to get the clubs out. I sit on the tail gate to put my golf shoes and socks on too!! Now on this end of the beach everyone is used to me but wow some of the strange looks I get from the prim and proper tourist golfer crowd. 

• Like 3

No other golf forums, but frequent a couple of Raiders forums and Bourbon forums.

Those Raiders forums must be going nuts right about now.

I used to read a forum often where they talked about my college baseball team. It was weird reading people go on and on about you and your teammates with their opinions.

• Like 1