So frustrated. Feel like quitting

... I have been enjoying this game a loooong time. I play a lot as a single as I have a very erratic schedule. In my experience the good FAR out weigh the bad. Like every other walk of life their are certainly a$$holes out there and for the most part I just ignore them and go about my own business. 

... I was playing about 20 years ago with 2 grungy stoners in their mid 20's that worked at the graveyard next to the course and yes they were pretty baked. The 4th player we were paired up with was in his mid 40's and as dorky an accountant as you can imagine. I was in my early 40's. All 3 were good guys but as different as possible. Lots of good natured swearing from the stoners and some "gosh darns" from the accountant. It was slow so we had plenty of time to talk and conversation wasn't awkward at all. After 14 holes the accountant had to leave as his wife was picking him up at a specific time whether he was finished or not. So we all shook his hand, he said he enjoyed playing with us and off he went. 

... I turned to the 2 stoners and said "Pretty good guy for a complete dork huh?" They both agreed he was and I told them golf is about the only thing that could have brought the 3 of us together. "Huh?" asked the stoners and I said if they ran across me as a well dressed seemingly preppie kind of guy or the accountant at the graveyard would they be thinking "I would love to play some golf with those 2 guys!" They laughed and said He!! NO! And I said that is the wonderful thing about the game as it brings people together from all walks of life and they enjoy playing the game together but more importantly they find out they actually can enjoy each others company in their common endeavor.

... So yea, you run across some real jerks but if you aren't one of them, you will run across a bunch of people that enjoy the game just as much as you do, and deep down, not so different than you. 

• Like 7

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

The only winning in golf is hitting great feeling golf shots that set you up for your next shot! Everything else is a bu product! Golf is like a chick you will fall in and out of love your whole life! Hit em straight!

acemkr9

So i picked up golf 3 months ago and became addicted. I am very satisified with my progress, I am driving 285 consistently and straight, doing well with irons and putting, struggling with hitting fairway and hybrid off the ground and i am awful at pitching but I am learning. I have been an athlete my entire life and this is my favorite sport.

Today really got to me. Hit me hard. I joined an outing. I was so excited. I practiced for 3 weeks over an hour a day, dieted like I do for my boxing matches, and came ready to play. I had an okay team, not great but respectable. We did such a great job today, we scored a -9 and won the outing. Here is where things went south.

The tournament director was playing in the outing and was mad that we beat his team, Last minute, AFTER the tournament was over he decided to change the prizes and that no teams will get prizes. He only paid out for 3 longest drives and 3 longest putts which 2 of the 6 were him. No recognition, to acknoledgment on us winning.

I LOVE golf. Finally I can play a sport that I can constantly improve on and not get my face beat in. Today is really hitting me hard though. I feel all my hard work and all my effort went down the drain and was for nothing.

Man, that sucks. It sucks when we're reminded that even when doing things we love, there are times when something or someone will attempt to ruin it. Don't let anyone do that to you. Regain your focus.

It really sucks to get cheated! Especially after you've put in hard work do and be your best.

Here's a question or two for you. Were you playing for prizes or for the love of the game? Did you need the prizes?

I'm not attempting to minimize how you feel or what you experienced.

Like you, I'm new to the game and I've fallen head over shaft for her (that was my attempt at golf humor). I've put in lots of hours to learn and get better. And I'm gonna keep putting the work in. Because I love this game.

By your own admission, you love the game, too. Keep loving it, man! Keep having fun with it! Enjoy it! Don't give anyone the power over how you feel. Take your power back. Yes, be angry and all that. Just don't pitch your tent there. Go and take that anger and frustration out at the range or when you box. But don't let anyone steal your love. Golf is "your girl"! Don't let nobody steal your girl from you, maaaaaan! 😂 Seriously tho.

Be competitive and all that, too. Just don't lose sight of your love and passion for golf and the fun in it.

Get back to loving this great game of ours! ⛳👊🏾

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Golf is a game of integrity. Anyone can come out and cheat but they lose on the most important part...integrity. i play golf against my greatest opponent...myself...and i seldom win because im only satisfied with perfection, something nearly impossible in golf.

If you play for trophies, you can achieve that easily....i have trophies from most sporting events and they mean little. At the end of the day, in golf, IMO, its about beating the GREATEST competition...me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Dude, where I play, it's all politics and BS. Do not let crap like that derail you.

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

just let it go, head out with some good golf buddies and you'll remember why you play

• Like 1

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So i picked up golf 3 months ago and became addicted. I am very satisified with my progress, I am driving 285 consistently and straight, doing well with irons and putting, struggling with hitting fairway and hybrid off the ground and i am awful at pitching but I am learning. I have been an athlete my entire life and this is my favorite sport.

Today really got to me. Hit me hard. I joined an outing. I was so excited. I practiced for 3 weeks over an hour a day, dieted like I do for my boxing matches, and came ready to play. I had an okay team, not great but respectable. We did such a great job today, we scored a -9 and won the outing. Here is where things went south.

The tournament director was playing in the outing and was mad that we beat his team, Last minute, AFTER the tournament was over he decided to change the prizes and that no teams will get prizes. He only paid out for 3 longest drives and 3 longest putts which 2 of the 6 were him. No recognition, to acknoledgment on us winning.

I LOVE golf. Finally I can play a sport that I can constantly improve on and not get my face beat in. Today is really hitting me hard though. I feel all my hard work and all my effort went down the drain and was for nothing.

Was this outing at Bushwood CC? The judge should pay up. Speaking of him, has anyone heard from Judgesmails. Haven't seen him a round lately.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

... I have been enjoying this game a loooong time. I play a lot as a single as I have a very erratic schedule. In my experience the good FAR out weigh the bad. Like every other walk of life their are certainly a$$holes out there and for the most part I just ignore them and go about my own business.

... I was playing about 20 years ago with 2 grungy stoners in their mid 20's that worked at the graveyard next to the course and yes they were pretty baked. The 4th player we were paired up with was in his mid 40's and as dorky an accountant as you can imagine. I was in my early 40's. All 3 were good guys but as different as possible. Lots of good natured swearing from the stoners and some "gosh darns" from the accountant. It was slow so we had plenty of time to talk and conversation wasn't awkward at all. After 14 holes the accountant had to leave as his wife was picking him up at a specific time whether he was finished or not. So we all shook his hand, he said he enjoyed playing with us and off he went.

... I turned to the 2 stoners and said "Pretty good guy for a complete dork huh?" They both agreed he was and I told them golf is about the only thing that could have brought the 3 of us together. "Huh?" asked the stoners and I said if they ran across me as a well dressed seemingly preppie kind of guy or the accountant at the graveyard would they be thinking "I would love to play some golf with those 2 guys!" They laughed and said He!! NO! And I said that is the wonderful thing about the game as it brings people together from all walks of life and they enjoy playing the game together but more importantly they find out they actually can enjoy each others company in their common endeavor.

... So yea, you run across some real jerks but if you aren't one of them, you will run across a bunch of people that enjoy the game just as much as you do, and deep down, not so different than you.

One of the best posts I've ever had read. You can only imagine what happens to people when they find out what I do.

I'm going to adopt the "I'd like him if I were playing golf with him" mantra about peoplefrom now on.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

So true. Golf is amazing how it can bring together different people. The wider group of guys I play with range in age from 16 to 75, truck drivers to doctors, with everything in between. In 20 years of regular golf I've only played with a hand full of people I wouldn't want to play with again, and countless that I do want to play with. I've made some great friends through the game, that initially was an excuse to skip classes while I was at university.

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

One of the best posts I've ever had read. You can only imagine what happens to people when they find out what I do.

I'm going to adopt the "I'd like him if I were playing golf with him" mantra about peoplefrom now on.

I'd probably swear a little more quietly, or perhaps not quite as often. For some reason I get a severe case of potty mouth when I play, usually conversationally, rarely in anger at my game. If I ever get to Florida, you'll have to experience it first hand, and I'll pretend to be unaware of what you do for a living!

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I'd probably swear a little more quietly, or perhaps not quite as often. For some reason I get a severe case of potty mouth when I play, usually conversationally, rarely in anger at my game. If I ever get to Florida, you'll have to experience it first hand, and I'll pretend to be unaware of what you do for a living!

This come up yesterday. I sub for a league where the play is S L O W......

I'm new in the league so there's always conversation about what we all do. The two guys we were playing against yesterday had huge potty mouth syndrome, not a little and not quiet but huge. On the third tee they were on beer number three and they asked me what I did for a living. It did slow the potty mouth down a bit and actually shifted the conversation to their families which I enjoyed. They were great guys. I think the talk about their kids and grandkids was more who they were than the show off guy talk.

I don't mind potty mouth or beer. It just doesn't bother me. I went to Seminary because I thought, "Regular people need a Pastor. I'm a regular person so why not me?" I don't mind when people are being themselves.

I hope we get to play sometime Peaksy!

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Sounds like all the people I play with. We play to have fun.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This come up yesterday. I sub for a league where the play is S L O W......

I'm new in the league so there's always conversation about what we all do. The two guys we were playing against yesterday had huge potty mouth syndrome, not a little and not quiet but huge. On the third tee they were on beer number three and they asked me what I did for a living. It did slow the potty mouth down a bit and actually shifted the conversation to their families which I enjoyed. They were great guys. I think the talk about their kids and grandkids was more who they were than the show off guy talk.

I don't mind potty mouth or beer. It just doesn't bother me. I went to Seminary because I thought, "Regular people need a Pastor. I'm a regular person so why not me?" I don't mind when people are being themselves.

I hope we get to play sometime Peaksy!

Several years ago I was asked by a Baptist preacher to play golf with him.  We went out and I was my crazy old self saying a few a shats here and there however nothing that would be uncalled for.  I even slammed down a couple beers during the round. Well it happens that we became really good friends and played many rounds after that day.  He  told me he could relax and enjoy him self in my company. I'm always myself and what you see is what you get. That preacher said his stomach hurt from laughing so much that first day and we ended up playing many rounds over the years.  He finally moved on to another church however I often think of him.   Preachers are good folks and like ya said, they're just normal people with a higher calling.

Let's tee er up one of these days!  

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Tommy Armour
 Impact No. 2 Wide Blade Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

... Potty mouth? If we realize words are only a way to convey thoughts or idea's, the words themselves should make little difference to anyone. I would much rather hear someone say "Great f*cking shot!" with a smile on their face than "Sure thing pal" said with a sneer. 

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

I've played in my last out of town 2man tournaments. Scoring done behind closed doors so "homers" some how manage to shoot just one shot better. Closest to the pin? I hit a 5i to a pin tucked behind a bunker. Thought sure a foot would win it. Nope, asked tournament director and he said a guy behind me hit it to 6". I checked and sure enough local good old boy. Should have gotten a kiss with that.

• 3 weeks later...

I've played in my last out of town 2man tournaments. Scoring done behind closed doors so "homers" some how manage to shoot just one shot better. Closest to the pin? I hit a 5i to a pin tucked behind a bunker. Thought sure a foot would win it. Nope, asked tournament director and he said a guy behind me hit it to 6". I checked and sure enough local good old boy. Should have gotten a kiss with that.

That happens my friend. I feel your frustrations. Those things though play themselves out with time. People find out, people stop playing those tournaments and then they wonder why no one is playing. Just be proud of your shot, and be proud of how you played. Letting these things get to you will mess up your game with time and I write from experience

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes