Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

FIRST LOOK! - Callaway RAZR Hawk

GolfSpy_X

Looks like they just sucked all the air out of it.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

• SPY VIP

I put in this question to Callaway...but never heard back. That might be your answer.

Great question. I'd ask the same thing about the X-24 Hot vs. the X-22, X-20, X-18.....

#TruthDigest

I put in this question to Callaway...but never heard back. That might be your answer.

Hahaha. I am back to the wonderful world of golf retail and in just the past week, I've had at least half a dozen questions about the differences between the various X irons. My answer is always the same: the colors in the cavity.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Yet another butt ugly club from them. Is this one of the ones thats going to be made in Mexico so they can save a few bucks?

If Roger Cleveland is still there and he is designing this crap from Callaway, then he is lost. Have you ever seen an uglier series than the Diablo? The X series irons and wedges are the only decent looking stuff they have. Oops, I use their #9 series Oddessey putter.

If the rumours that Callaway might be swallowed up by Dick's are true, sell your shares in Dick's. It's a bust.

The future for mass produced stuff is fast fading. Mizuno's shaft optimizer and fitting system is the way of the future. Length, lie, grip size and shaft weight and flex - you can't get those basics right from the rack. An ugly statistic that most companies do not want you to know is: The combination of Standard length and Standard lie fits one golfer in 8!!!! Of course, what exactly IS standard length or standard lie - therein lies the problem.

If you think you are STANDARD, why did you buy a car that has adjustable seats, adjustable steering wheel and adjustable mirrors? Think about it......

If you think you are STANDARD, why did you buy a car that has adjustable seats, adjustable steering wheel and adjustable mirrors? Think about it......

Excellent point. Another thing I've always wondered is: if the newest and bestest is so much more awesome, why can't they do a head-to-head comparison? Stick the same shaft in each head and have at it with a robot and/or humans. The golf magazines won't even do it (you know, ad space and all...). If they aren't selling hype, why not show that stuff off? They prefer the "Trust us, we're . We wouldn't lie to you, would we :rolleyes: ?" schtick.

• SPY VIP

Great question. I'd ask the same thing about the X-24 Hot vs. the X-22, X-20, X-18.....

Clearly the difference there is that the X-24 is HOT, whereas the others were normal/average.

Callaway is giving you a bit of the old cold shoulder these days. Wonder what that's all about :rolleyes:.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

Clearly the difference there is that the X-24 is HOT, whereas the others were normal/average.

Callaway is giving you a bit of the old cold shoulder these days. Wonder what that's all about :rolleyes:.

They actually read this and contacted me after all this and said they would be happy to give me any info I needed. I then sent them a quick email saying what I was looking to know and never heard back again.

#TruthDigest

They actually read this and contacted me after all this and said they would be happy to give me any info I needed. I then sent them a quick email saying what I was looking to know and never heard back again.

Probably just the Labor Day "blahs" at Cally's end: not much incentive to get work done with the holiday weekend coming up.

How can anyone say this is ugly. You can only see the bottom. Graphics are bad but no one has hit it yet. You people kill me. Are any of you experts in golf club design?

Well, last time I checked, the word "ugly" had a direct implication to aesthetics, so you don't need to hi it to have a conscience about how it looks. No one has said anything about performance, just about looks, and it is indeed ugly...

Well, last time I checked, the word "ugly" had a direct implication to aesthetics, so you don't need to hi it to have a conscience about how it looks. No one has said anything about performance, just about looks, and it is indeed ugly...

I'm going to have to agree with Xamilo. Nobody said "man, the face on this thing feels mushy and it's 20 yards shorter than my woods," they (we) just said it doesn't look good.

What's ugly? I still don't understand.

The weird pentagon-thingy/soleplate with the ugly writing. The "mesh" that surrounds it looks too much like those "always cool" sweat-wicking hats. The little red arrows (or lines?)... what's that all about?

And yes, we realize things can be overcome. Like the original Nike SQ driver with that loud pangy sound... people got over it (personally, I somewhat enjoyed unnerving people with it). I'm sure, if someone were to get properly fit for this, they'd see good results. Until then, it's ugly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived