TESTERS WANTED! ×

Single length-ers unite! Bryson does it...

StrokerAce

Bryson puts one in the win column for single-length iron truthers!

Way to go BMan...

People can say what they want, but DeChambeau has arrived on his terms. And he's not going anywhere for a long time. Maybe his methods are unorthodox, but they produce results. That's all that matters.

bryson.jpg

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Been following him since his awesome performance at The Masters. Good kid, a lot of haters. But like you said he isn't going anywhere for a while, and getting a major OEM to bite off on "his" playing style.... That is something.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

After missing 8 cuts in a row he made three in a row with a win. Maybe he's figured something out.

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

So happy to see him win. I still don't get all of the hate for him and Single length irons, how does what someone else plays matter? He found what works for him. Hell, Hogan used nearly the same swing, positioned the ball in the the middle of his stance for everything and just adjusted the distance away from it.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Hooray, finally a single plane winner on the PGA Tour.  I'm just waiting for the golf instructors and analysts to try to explain how Bryson's SPS is a variation of a conventional swing.  I'm sure they will butcher it.  I know Martin Hall tried to do it a couple of years ago and got it wrong.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So glad to see this. Seems like a very nice young man, and I for one am a big fan of the One Length irons.   I actually posted to some moron on Facebook this morning who was saying if the one length are so good why hasn't Bryson done anything.   I said getting your first tour win within a year of turning professional seems pretty good to me, considering how many PGA pros go their entire careers without winning one.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So happy to see him win. I still don't get all of the hate for him and Single length irons, how does what someone else plays matter? He found what works for him. Hell, Hogan used nearly the same swing, positioned the ball in the the middle of his stance for everything and just adjusted the distance away from it.

i hear you there I didn't get why people hated the long anchor putters too whatever works right.

Now I really have the urge to hit some one-lengths.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

So, is it the one-length irons, single plane swing, or a combination of both?

Good question! I wish I had access to a demo set of the one-length irons to play a couple of rounds with, I've hit them in the store but it's hard to really tell how well they would work.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I got rid of my single length irons but super glad to see Bryson do well. There is some vehement hate thrown his way that I just don't understand. It's not like he said people have to do what he does. He just does his own thing and is doing it very well. 30 on the back nine to win your first tourney is beyond impressive.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Hooray, finally a single plane winner on the PGA Tour.  I'm just waiting for the golf instructors and analysts to try to explain how Bryson's SPS is a variation of a conventional swing.  I'm sure they will butcher it.  I know Martin Hall tried to do it a couple of years ago and got it wrong.

Yep. Very interesting to see his swing hold up as it did.

As soon as he won the first thing that went through my mind was, Cobra scores!

Good for Bryson and he did golf his darn ball to get it done. We will hear about Bobby Jones winning with single lengths in the weeks to come as the Cobra adverts roll out Im thinking.

So, is it the one-length irons, single plane swing, or a combination of both?

Imo it's all the above plus a pretty good golfer. Bryson has skills, period. he was a really good junior player playing conventional clubs.

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Don't matter how it looks if it gets in the hole. I've seen plenty of crazier swings and putting styles prove effective at the top level so not too surprised he pulled it off. Seems like a good fella too from what I've gathered, it's just easier for your typical armchair analyst to poke at an unorthodox player then a textbook one that's all. Kinda interested to see how he does at the open now that he's got the first win. I'm not picking him to win but he could put up a good showing.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Bryson - Furyk - Berger - Moore

Out of all of those I think Bryson looks the most in control of his swing.

Berger scares the heck out of me. I'm still, yes still trying to figure Furyk's out, and Moores... well I don't know.

Bryson - Furyk - Berger - Moore

Out of all of those I think Bryson looks the most in control of his swing.

Berger scares the heck out of me. I'm still, yes still trying to figure Furyk's out, and Moores... well I don't know.

First time I saw a video of Arnold Palmer swing a golf club I thought it was a mishit....  he was as "non" conventional as they come!... still trying to figure out that follow through.

and let's not forget about Moe... he didn't win on the PGA tour - he was a horrendous putter - but his lifetime fairways in regulation is around 90 percent.

...oh, and as far as Furyk goes, I think Feherty said it best - An octopus falling out of a tree...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Archived