TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arccos Announces Tech Trade-Up Program

Another one from the InBox -- this one is pretty cool.....

Check out the trade in site here - you may be able to score some credit for some old tech you have lying around. 

Arccos Launches Golf Technology Trade Up Program

Online Platform Allows Players to Swap Out Their Old Devices –

Including Rangefinders, Swing Analyzers, GPS Units, Performance Trackers and More

STAMFORD, Conn. – July 17, 2017 â€“ Arccos today announced the launch of its Trade Up Program, which allows U.S. residents to exchange their used or out-of-date golf technology for credits toward the purchase of Arccos 360, Golf's #1 Performance Tracking System.

Accessed via the Arccos website, the custom-built platform offers participants a seamless method for redeeming their old hardware, which will then be independently inspected and certified, after which a credit will be issued for purchases on the Arccos site.

“Almost every golfer has obsolete gadgets sitting around their house or out in their garage,” says Tom Williams, SVP of Sales and Marketing at Arccos. “If they've got a few of these, they can easily earn enough credits to cover the entire purchase price of our award-winning system.”

Recently named “Best Game Analyzer” in the 2017 Golf Digest Editor's Choice Awards, the Arccos 360 connected golf system automatically records every shot a golfer takes. It then analyzes the data in real time, helping golfers of all skill levels shoot lower scores by making smarter, data-driven decisions on the course.

By leveraging these insights, golfers using the Arccos 360 system improved their handicap by an average of 2.77 strokes in 2016, a 36.4x greater rate of improvement than the average golfer with a USGA handicap.

In January 2017, Arccos announced a technology partnership with Microsoft, through which the companies are developing artificial intelligence technologies that use advanced analytics to help golfers play their best. The first product from this collaboration, Arccos Caddie, launched in May. It leverages the power of the Microsoft Azure cloud and the Arccos dataset, which includes more than 75 million shots, 368 million geo-tagged course mapping features on 40,000+ courses and highly accurate, real-time weather data. It shows a player their optimal path — and alternatives — on any hole in the world, and the likely outcome when pursuing each strategy. More information: www.arccoscaddie.com.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Wish I still had some of the tech I sold before the season started. I would love to do a head-to-head against my GG. I'm becoming more and more impressed with Arccos. Hopefully, they keep this going for a while. I do have a GPS watch that will need to be upgraded at some point or replaced with a laser. Would be nice to put that toward an Arccos purchase.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Hmmmh.  I've got an old sky caddie laying around, it's worth $7 and I have an Arrcoss Driver in a box I havent' used, it said it's worth $25 which I think is what I paid for it.    I'm tempted to give this a try, even though my time with Game Golf last year didnt' go well 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I was looking into this just earlier. I have Arccos, the first set and was considering trading up for the 360. The problem is, I'm a bargain hunter.

This would cost roughly $175 plus my original version. However, I could get the 360 version at Golf Galaxy today for $199, then sell my original version via eBay or what have you for $75 or maybe more, costing me roughly $125.

I always think like this, and it sucks sometimes.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I was looking into this just earlier. I have Arccos, the first set and was considering trading up for the 360. The problem is, I'm a bargain hunter.

This would cost roughly $175 plus my original version. However, I could get the 360 version at Golf Galaxy today for $199, then sell my original version via eBay or what have you for $75 or maybe more, costing me roughly $125.

I always think like this, and it sucks sometimes.

How long have you been using the Arccos?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

How long have you been using the Arccos?

I've had it for probably about a year I'd say. I hardly ever used it when I first purchased it. But as of recently, I've been tracking every round with it.

I've had it for probably about a year I'd say. I hardly ever used it when I first purchased it. But as of recently, I've been tracking every round with it.

Here's what I do to help me with purchases. Your original Arccos cost $200? That's $16 a month over the last year.

Trade that in and you're looking at lowering your cost to $14 on the new one.

Go the buy new for $200, sell yours for MAYBE $75 and your end capital cost is $125 ... $10 a month. That's a difference of $6, IF you can find someone who will buy your old one at that price. I won't factor in the value of the time you have to spend listing, meeting people to sell, or shipping it.

Capital costs always look significant up front and at the time of the purchase, but over a year, it's a McDonald's lunch per month.

Here's what I do to help me with purchases. Your original Arccos cost $200? That's $16 a month over the last year.

Trade that in and you're looking at lowering your cost to $14 on the new one.

Go the buy new for $200, sell yours for MAYBE $75 and your end capital cost is $125 ... $10 a month. That's a difference of $6, IF you can find someone who will buy your old one at that price. I won't factor in the value of the time you have to spend listing, meeting people to sell, or shipping it.

Capital costs always look significant up front and at the time of the purchase, but over a year, it's a McDonald's lunch per month.

Haha I've never broke it down that much, that's interesting. Idk if I will upgrade or not, mine work great for now and I've never had a problem with them. However, if I decide to do this down the right I'll keep this in mind.

I've been toying around with getting Arccos for awhile now, might need to scrounge some old gear and pull the trigger

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Haha I've never broke it down that much, that's interesting. Idk if I will upgrade or not, mine work great for now and I've never had a problem with them. However, if I decide to do this down the right I'll keep this in mind.

IT consultant -- I'm used to working with tight budgets :)

• 1 month later...

I got Arccos 360 last year for Christmas and have nothing but good things to say.  Just in case, I went with one of their warranties to cover any lost/damaged sensors, but luckily haven't needed it yet.

That said, I would probably have a tough time deciding between Arccos and Shot Scope v2 (being released this month).  While Arccos has a much cleaner presentation, the new update (green front, back and center distances, elevation, wind, etc.), and the Caddie Feature (in partnership with Microsoft), I really like that Shot Scope doesn't require a phone being in your pocket and the more precise putting data.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if I purchase Shot Scope, compare it against Arccos, and then use whatever I like more on my "primary" clubs and then the other system on my vacation/back up set.

Currently Playing:

• Callaway Epic MAX LS
  • TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium
  • Callaway X-Forged Utility
  • Srixon Z765
  • Cleveland RTX4
  • Evnroll ER1.2

I got Arccos 360 last year for Christmas and have nothing but good things to say.  Just in case, I went with one of their warranties to cover any lost/damaged sensors, but luckily haven't needed it yet.

That said, I would probably have a tough time deciding between Arccos and Shot Scope v2 (being released this month).  While Arccos has a much cleaner presentation, the new update (green front, back and center distances, elevation, wind, etc.), and the Caddie Feature (in partnership with Microsoft), I really like that Shot Scope doesn't require a phone being in your pocket and the more precise putting data.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if I purchase Shot Scope, compare it against Arccos, and then use whatever I like more on my "primary" clubs and then the other system on my vacation/back up set.

I keep seeing that your phone has to be in your pocket for Arccos to work. Can it be in your back pocket? I usually keep my phone in my left rear pocket because i keep score and track stats via an app on my phone.  

I'm really curious about the Shot Scope but i saw a comparison of Shot Scope and Game Golf in the forum reviews and the Shot Scope metrics seemed really lacking. 

Does Arccos only having 14 tags annoy you? occasionally i play with a 5W or 3H in my bag. I would get annoyed having to swap out the tags depending on the day. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS with Autoflex X-stiff 

3-Wood: :ping-small: 425 Max w/ KBS TD 60

Irons: :taylormade-small:P790 w/ X-stiff True Temper DG 105

Hybrids::taylormade-small: DHY Utility Irons 4 & 5

Wedges::taylormade-small: MG3 w/ KBS Black Wedge Shaft (50, 54,58)

Putter: Cure RX5 w/ P2 React Grip

I keep seeing that your phone has to be in your pocket for Arccos to work. Can it be in your back pocket? I usually keep my phone in my left rear pocket because i keep score and track stats via an app on my phone.

I'm really curious about the Shot Scope but i saw a comparison of Shot Scope and Game Golf in the forum reviews and the Shot Scope metrics seemed really lacking.

Does Arccos only having 14 tags annoy you? occasionally i play with a 5W or 3H in my bag. I would get annoyed having to swap out the tags depending on the day.

For the first gen of Arccos, the phone can be anywhere on you as long as it's on you... that is how it tracks where your shots are taken from. On the 360 version, it has to be in your front pocket because it uses sound to detect your shots.

As far as the 14 tags being annoying? Not at all. The first gen tags are slightly bigger than the 360 tags, but swapping them out is a breeze. Just screw it out of your old club, put it in your new one, then open the app and pair it with the new club. Takes

I play with my iPhone in my front pocket just to make sure the sensor is picked up so I don't have to edit/add shots.  It is a little frustrating only have 14 sensors for that exact reason--used to play a hybrid, switched it out for another wedge so it required moving the sensor, etc.  If you care enough, maybe call Arccos and ask for pricing on a single extra sensor?

Currently Playing:

• Callaway Epic MAX LS
  • TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium
  • Callaway X-Forged Utility
  • Srixon Z765
  • Cleveland RTX4
  • Evnroll ER1.2

So is arccos the best out there or are there others to consider. I normally have my phone mounted in my cart (I use yamatrack). Seems like having the phone in front pocket is distracting.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

If you care enough, maybe call Arccos and ask for pricing on a single extra sensor?

This would be a good idea as well. The sensors are $20 shipped. I had to order a new putter one a while back.

Archived