Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Range Divots![emoji35]

STUDque

I'll step on this, glad all you pros can make nice straight lines. Some can not, maybe have the range stop taking the 10 bucks

from those that cant. Problem solved. U guys are getting way to up onurselfs

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Well, one can certainly try. Just like repairing divots and ball marks and raking bunkers on the course. It's all about who comes behind you.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I'll step on this, glad all you pros can make nice straight lines. Some can not, maybe have the range stop taking the 10 bucks

from those that cant. Problem solved. U guys are getting way to up onurselfs

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Its not about taking straight lines. Its about hitting a shot, getting another ball and hitting a shot a club head length left or right from the divot you just made, reaching for another ball, hitting another shot a club head length left or right of the previous divot and so on and so on....

Even unstraight lines take up less space than shotgun blast divots. 

8hhf0J5.png

We have one legitimate driving range in town and the grass area is always horrible. A lot of times I won't even practice from there because the lies are less realistic than the mats and it's all because of people that don't know range etiquette. I always try to do strips or a small patch (depending on what kind of room I have to work with since grass is at a premium).

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

We have one legitimate driving range in town and the grass area is always horrible. A lot of times I won't even practice from there because the lies are less realistic than the mats and it's all because of people that don't know range etiquette. I always try to do strips or a small patch (depending on what kind of room I have to work with since grass is at a premium).

That's how our cheap range is. I've never seen a grouping of divots there (besides my own) and the whole range is just a straight up minefield. Then the grass is just normal field grass so it's basically like practicing shots out of the rough.

I typically hit a few wedge shots to chip out a nice square of grass and plop my little turf mat down to get some work in.

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Another thing about taking divots in a line is that it will help you see what the club is doing through the turf a little easier. I did a short game lesson last year and after a few shots the instructor pointed down at my divots. The whole line was pointing off to the right of where I was trying to hit the ball. Interestingly enough, the dynamics of my swing at the time still allowed me to find target. I've fixed all of that now though.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Another thing about taking divots in a line is that it will help you see what the club is doing through the turf a little easier. I did a short game lesson last year and after a few shots the instructor pointed down at my divots. The whole line was pointing off to the right of where I was trying to hit the ball. Interestingly enough, the dynamics of my swing at the time still allowed me to find target. I've fixed all of that now though.

It's tricky because you've gotta change your line if you keep the same target (or even if you change it for that matter).

That's why my lines curve in the pic I uploaded.

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

The worst is when the range says they have grass and then they don't cut it short enough. It's like I'm hitting out of the rough. Really bad.

Very interesting post about how linear is best for grass regrowth

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 4 weeks later...

Golf courses, and especially ranges, aren't sod farms.  There's no sod replacing going on.  

Believe it or Not one of the ranges I go to is a sod farm.. there are mats behind the building, and off to the left side, and sod to the right.. They do a great job of rotating the grass tee around.. Rarely do I ever go there and see nasty stations to hit from. 

But I do agree if we all did a better job on the range we will have better ranges to practice from.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.