KAB2313

College Baseball Player turned Golfer

What's going on MGS members?

My name is Kyle and I am from Ohio- I've been using MGS for almost a year now but decided recently to start posting and looking at the forums to help my game out, and see what cool new equipment is out there! 

I used to be a College Baseball player, but now my passion is golf- I would play everyday if I could and almost wish that I would have started playing earlier in life

I started playing in 2015 -

Currently on the road to break 80- best round an 85..

I am not one of those golfers that will overstate my skills or how far I hit it because of an ego thing- If i want to be a single digit handicap then I gotta work for it golf is like baseball in that way ! 

For those that want to know or interested in WIB

Taylormade M1 8.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 vc X Stiff

Taylormade M2 3 Hybrid 75 g 

Ping iBlades 4-pw Dynamic Gold S400

Vokey Wedges 52 (F-grind) 56 (M Grind) 60 (M Grind)

Huntington Beach #6 putter

Taylormade TP5X

My twitter is @LifeWithKB3 if any of you guys have that 

Hope to talk to you guys with WIB, awesome courses you've played/golf trips, about new equipment you have or seen, cool drives, or on twitter ! 

KB

unnamed.jpg

• Like 6

Welcome Kyle...I grew up in Ohio (Dayton) as well.   That's making good progress if you started two years ago and are already shooting mid 80's.   Lots of good golf, equipment and trip talk going on here, you found the right place. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Kyle and it looks like you are well on your way to hitting many home runs in golf as well as life!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Where'd you play ball? I'm a college baseball alum as well

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Welcome from the North.

• Like 1

Good to have you! Never really played baseball myself much but I do enjoy watching if the right teams are playing. Keep grinding!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Where'd you play ball? I'm a college baseball alum as well

I played at Ashland University

What's going on MGS members?

My name is Kyle and I am from Ohio- I've been using MGS for almost a year now but decided recently to start posting and looking at the forums to help my game out, and see what cool new equipment is out there!

I used to be a College Baseball player, but now my passion is golf- I would play everyday if I could and almost wish that I would have started playing earlier in life

I started playing in 2015 -

Currently on the road to break 80- best round an 85..

I am not one of those golfers that will overstate my skills or how far I hit it because of an ego thing- If i want to be a single digit handicap then I gotta work for it golf is like baseball in that way !

For those that want to know or interested in WIB

Taylormade M1 8.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 vc X Stiff

Taylormade M2 3 Hybrid 75 g

Ping iBlades 4-pw Dynamic Gold S400

Vokey Wedges 52 (F-grind) 56 (M Grind) 60 (M Grind)

Huntington Beach #6 putter

Taylormade TP5X

My twitter is @LifeWithKB3 if any of you guys have that

Hope to talk to you guys with WIB, awesome courses you've played/golf trips, about new equipment you have or seen, cool drives, or on twitter !

KB

Welcome Kyle!

Like you I was a college ball player as well, transitioned to golf immediately after my forced retirement. Where did you play ball?

Welcome from NE Indiana! I take it the transition from swinging a bat to a club wasn't all that tough for you?

• Like 1

Welcome from NE Indiana! I take it the transition from swinging a bat to a club wasn't all that tough for you?

Not at all. Playing both sports made my swing even better. Those who say a golf swing messes up a golf swing and vice versa are wrong ! You become more aware of what's going on!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    VetteGolfer

• By Tsecor
      NEW UPDATE -6/14/19
      1- Scotty Cameron Newport 2. Mint condition,. Used on the practice green once.  Beautiful putter all around. Will sacrifice at $270. Comes with head cover. $250
      2- Wilson 8802 - Fully milled putter. Beautiful putter and extremely great feel. 35". I love this putter and have used it a bit but its mint and I'm sorry to see this go. Head cover included $125. -$110   $100
      3- Ping Vault 2.0 ZB stealth. This putter is stunning in stealth with the gold weights. 35" Putter was never used. - $260 $240   $200
      4- Odyssey putter-"Phil". Mint condition but have 4 or 5 rounds on it. You cannot tell.  Comes with black clover head cover. - $85  $60 + shipping

• By mr.hicksta
      Vessel 14-Way Player Stand Bag (Matte Black)
       F9 Speedback 9º (45") | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4 (70g, tipped 1/2") 
       G410 3W 14.5º (43") | MCA Tensei CK Blue 70 S (76g)
      G410 2H 17º (40.75") or 3H 19º (40.25") | MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S (79g)
       G410 4 Crossover 23º (39.25") | MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S (79g)
      Epon AF-505 5-PW | Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour130 S (124g, Hard Stepped)
      RTX 4 50M, 54M, 58M | Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge125 (133g)
      PXG Bat Attack Gen2 (34") | KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft |  Grips TOUR Aware
       Pro V1x

Accessories: Bushnell Pro XE, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 and Tour Velvet Plus4 grips,  Tour and Sport Gloves, Robert Mark and Dormie Workshop headcovers/putter cover, Club Glove pocket towel, Cayce Golf caddy towel and Epoch S3 tees. 

• By Markelly82
      Today, I was greeted with a lovely Taylormade iron box.  I walked into the door and saw the box and immediately asked my wife what it was.  She replied with, "I don't know.  You tell me?"  I started going through my mind about all of the searches I've done recently.  I got scared I pocket purchased a club on accident.  I replied with, "I swear babe.  I haven't bought anything.  Especially with out telling you first."  I opened the box and saw the below beauty sitting there.  I picked up the card and was surprised to see I had been selected based on my response to a post.  If I'm being perfectly honest, I can't even remember submitting anything to win the club.  But none the less, I'm thankful for the opportunity. 
      Based on my initial thoughts of looking down at the club at address, it's nice.  I don't have a feeling of oh shoot I have to be good to game these.  The wide top line provides the confidence.  The top line doesn't seem overly wide though.  I'm a single digit handicapper right now and I could easily see myself gaming an entire bag of these.  RANT INCOMING: (I really don't understand why most golfers want to have Blades.  I get the allure of the sleek nature of the irons, but from a performance standpoint, if you can't put little round wear marks in your irons, I really don't believe blades is best.  I know there can be outliers, but double digit handis definitely shouldn't be gaming blades.  The point of irons isn't to look the best while you're at address.  Save looking good for apparel.  I'd rather have an iron that performs amazing but doesn't look the greatest.  I understand the point of look good feel good though).
      In the coming weeks, I plan on providing my unbiased review of this iron.  I'm currently gaming the Taylormade PSI irons.  We'll see how big of a difference a couple years makes for technology.  I love the feel of the PSI's when I flush them.  It seriously feels like butter when cutting through the ball and the grass.  Coming from the S55's, it's amazing the difference in feel and forgiveness.  

• By JimNantzsToast
      Hey everyone! new member/first post here so bear with me!
      Callaway (unknown model) Grey Goose stand bag (looks awesome, purchased from PlayItAgain)
      Cobra F7 Driver - Stiff 60g Fukijura shaft - Garfield "Born 2 Birdie" Headcover
      Callaway Rouge 3 wood - Adila Synergy Regular shaft
      Cobra F7 5 wood - Regular Fukijura shaft - My old Callaway Diablo 3 wood Headcover
      TaylorMade TP Rescue 4/22* - I'm not sure how old this is, I am in the market for something new
      Cobra F8 Iron set 5-GW - Regular flex TrueTemper XP90 shafts 
      Ping Tour-S 54*/12* bounce wedge - KBS Tour Shaft
      Adams Tom Watson 58*/8* bounce wedge - Adams branded shaft
      Tommy Armour Impact #3 Putter - 35" Black painted shaft
      I think the next things to be replaced are the Rescue, then the wedges, then the driver. I also have the 38" Counterbalanced TA putter I have used twice if anyone is interested! Enjoy the pictures:

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!