Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Drinking on the course

robertson153

It's not for me but I actually encourage drinking on the course. Me and the guys I play with always have a few wagers on the game so....

I have several friends that like to chug-um down. Especially on the back 9. I've seen very few exceptions where drinking improved a guys game. Most of the time in my experience it usually goes south for them. It's a real shame. Heh! Funny how they never seem to complain that the booze might have caused their loss.

Of course if Meyer shows up some Saturday morning I hope he'll let me supply the booze. And I'm not talking about beer. :)

Free booze and I get your money...I'm in!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Casual rounds I may have a beer or two depending on how hot it is. Serious round or a match it is water with amino tabs.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

A while back, I had a problem on the course that my doc suggests was due to chronic dehydration.   Alcohol will dehydrate you, so on extremely hot days, I just drink water, a lot of water until I reach the 19th hole.   Even then, I limit it to just a beer or two.   A lot of years ago, a police officer had me blow into the handheld device.   Fortunately for me, it was a time when such perhaps was taken a bit less serious and the officer was a really nice guy and let me go with a stern warning.   So when I drive to the course, I don't drink a lot.   Now if I didn't drive, that's a different story.    

Additionally, my need to pee while playing is somewhat of a test of my aging prostrate.   If I don't need to pee while playing, I assume my prostate remains in relative good shape.   Drinking alcohol would bias that test.  Further, if I'm drinking a lot of water and don't need to pee, it means I must stay hydrated.

That's why I like outings of more than one day where the course, the restaurant, the rooms and the bar are on the same property.   I like it when I can park the car when I get there and don't need it again until its time to leave.   

I agree with most of these posts... There is a fine line between having too many and then the game slacks and you get tired from the sun and everything along those lines.  But in my own experience I have figured out that when you get to that point right before you are buzzing you are just hitting your shots and just not thinking too much about them.  Which we all know the head game that golf is so when you take out the thinking too much about a shot and just swinging and hitting it seems to end up with a better result. 

But I definitely think that some people drink just too much on the course and they are the ones that are obnoxious and ruin a round by the carrying on for some others.

Dan

My friend calls it "having the correct amount of hydraulic fluid". There's something to it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

But I definitely think that some people drink just too much on the course and they are the ones that are obnoxious and ruin a round by the carrying on for some others.

Dan

Instead of drinking perhaps they should smoke some weed.   I've met many a nasty drunk in my life, but I have never met a stoner that wasn't happy.   Yea, hungry but happy.

Yea.............. not always. I drink more than I should on the course, but I'm not obnoxious, nor do I hold the course up like so many "sober" players out there. I know I could score better if I didn't partake so much..... but I really don't care that much. Golf is supposed to be "fun". I still shoot waaaayyyyyyy better than the average "sober" guy out there...lol.

I'm probably a bad example, but I drink early and often and keep drinking. It's probably a bad way to think about it, but I believe playing while drinking is a skill. The more you do it, the bigger your "window" of good golf gets. Don't get me wrong, I've fell out of the window (and the cart) more than once. But for me golf is just more enjoyable when it's a party atmosphere. I drink, I play music, I have fun and for the most part play pretty decent golf.

Research may say that drinking has an overall negative affect on your game ... https://mygolfspy.com/golfbusters-drunk-driver/... but I like to think I'm the exception to the rule.

Better man than me. I can't drink and play, I just get tired.

Years ago (a lot younger) when we did the corporate or charity scrambles , Oh boy we drank ......a lot.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Based on the yardages that guys are reporting on some of our threads recently I'm thinking there's a lot of drinking taking place on the course among the MGS ranks.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Based on the yardages that guys are reporting on some of our threads recently I'm thinking there's a lot of drinking taking place on the course among the MGS ranks.

Was thinking similar

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list