Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Open DirecTV coverage

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

I don't have DirecTV, but some of you do, and I thought that you could use this info that just hit my inbox. Going to burn some DVR space this week for sure.

---------------------

July 18, 2017

AT&T Offers Expanded Coverage of the 146th Open Championship on DIRECTV

AT&Twill team up with Golf Channel and NBC Sports to give viewers expanded coverage of The 146th Open Championship at Royal Birkdale Golf Club. The tournament, often referred to as the British Open, takes place at the famous links course on England's Lancashire Coast on July 20-23. It is the oldest of golf's four “major championships” and the only one played outside the United States.

Royal Birkdale, the host for 9 previous Open Championships, is known for producing memorable golf moments, including a closing-round 66 by Johnny Miller (who will analyze the action for NBC this year) to defeat Jack Nicklaus and Seve Ballesteros in 1976. DIRECTV will telecast the action on its 4-screens-in-1 Mosaic Channel2 on all 4 days of the championship. 

Each channel within The Open Championship Mosaic Channel—DIRECTV channel 701—is in HD3, fully produced with its own announcers. It includes: 

·      The Network Simulcast (702) – Golf Channel/NBC 

·      Marquee Group (703)

·      Featured Holes 12, 13 and 14 (704) 

·      The Open Spotlight (705)

The Open Spotlight, which will include coverage of the 1st and 18th holes, along with live look-ins at players on the driving range, press center interviews and highlights, will feature Golf Channel hosts Ryan Burr, Cara Robinson and Damon Hack. You can also catch Golf Channel analysts Tom Abbot, Billy Ray Brown, Curt Byrum, John Cook, Jerry Foltz, Trevor Immelman, Billy Kratzert, Colin Montgomerie and 1997 Champion Golfer of the Year, Justin Leonard. 

You can also tune each channel in the Mosaic to full screen.

DIRECTV's enhanced coverage also includes interactive features, accessible by clicking the red button on the DIRECTV remote control, including: 

·      Leaderboard. Get information on all golfers in the field.  Press “SELECT” on a golfer to access their in-depth scorecard. Select the star icon to add a golfer to the “FAVORITES” list atop Leaderboard.

·      Scorecards. View hole by hole scoring of your favorite golfers.

·      Groupings & Tee Times. Check out pairings and start times.

The Mosaic Channel and interactive menu are available during broadcast hours for all 4 days of the championship.

Days of Coverage                          Networks (all times ET)

7/20 THU        1:30 am–4pm             Golf Channel 

7/21 FRI          1:30am–4pm              Golf Channel                                    

7/22 SAT         4:30am–7am               Golf Channel

7am-3pm                     NBC

7/23 SUN        4am–7am                    Golf Channel

7am-2pm                     NBC

1AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc. 

2For full Mosaic Channel and interactive functionality, HD equipment model H/HR21 or later is required. 

3To access HD programming, HD television is required

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Archived