TESTERS WANTED! ×

Getting new irons this Saturday

Zylem

That's too weird we are just over an hour away and below normal for rainfall this August. Given the way the year has gone I fear a tropical event of some sort in September or October. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

We had the average rain fall for July in one day here a couple of weeks ago. Oh and it's winter in New Zealand.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played Titleist 710 AP2s with Project X 5.5 shafts until this winter where I bought Mizuno JPX Forged 900 with KBS C Taper Lites 105s. I am now 5 strokes better and am hitting 20% more greens compared to last year. And yes, I was fitted for my Mizzies.

Driver:  :taylormade-small: 2017 M1 Driver 10.5* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.5

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: 2017 M1  15* Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0

3 Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: 2017 M1  3 Hybrid

Irons:  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) w/ KBS C-Taper Lite Regular shafts

Wedges:  Mizuno T7 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter:  Scotty Cameron 2020 Special Select Newport 2

I have to save the good stuff for the review thread. But I playsd 27 holes the past two days with the JPX Hot Metals and am liking what I'm seeing so far.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I have to save the good stuff for the review thread. But I playsd 27 holes the past two days with the JPX Hot Metals and am liking what I'm seeing so far.

I'm loving the forged irons now that I got my tempo back in order. All you have to do I make a smooth swing and these things will fly forever.

I think I had some sort of mental block in my swing. The new irons play a club longer than my old set so I am hitting an 8 iron when I used to hit a 7. So I was setting up trying to kill each shot instead of just trusting to club will get the ball there. I am so happy that I've figured this out and am back to really enjoying my new irons.

Wednesday I am heading out to the range with the trackman to gap my clubs. I am having some trouble right now knowing how much to grip down to shave yardage off when I am between clubs. Hopefully it won't rain on me as I would like to work on my chipping game too.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I recently just went for a full bag fitting with True Spec Golf and was blown away by how good the Srixons were.  After taking some baseline numbers with my dated, off-the-shelf Callaway X-22s, we narrowed it down to the: (1) Srixon Z 565 and Z 765, both with the KBS C-Tapers; (2) TM P770 with the Project X LZ 6.0; and (3) Titleist AP2s with KBS C-Taper.  In addition to these clubs, I tried the Callaway Apexs and Steelheads, the Mizuno JPX 900 Forged, Ping G400s, and Miura CB1008s.

As much as I wanted to like the Mizuno JPX 900 Forged and JPX Tour, the 900 Forged consistently gave me too much height.  in addition, I really don't see how there is a market for the JPX Tours and the MP-25s because it's a club for the exact same golfer (i.e., single digit handicappers looking for just a bit more forgiveness over a blade).

Ultimately, I went with the Srixon Z 765 (4 to Gap), along with a Callaway Epic Sub Zero, TM M2 3 (High Launch) and 5 Woods, and Vokey Wedges in 56* and 60*.

Currently Playing:

• Callaway Epic MAX LS
  • TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium
  • Callaway X-Forged Utility
  • Srixon Z765
  • Cleveland RTX4
  • Evnroll ER1.2

I recently just went for a full bag fitting with True Spec Golf and was blown away by how good the Srixons were. After taking some baseline numbers with my dated, off-the-shelf Callaway X-22s, we narrowed it down to the: (1) Srixon Z 565 and Z 765, both with the KBS C-Tapers; (2) TM P770 with the Project X LZ 6.0; and (3) Titleist AP2s with KBS C-Taper. In addition to these clubs, I tried the Callaway Apexs and Steelheads, the Mizuno JPX 900 Forged, Ping G400s, and Miura CB1008s.

As much as I wanted to like the Mizuno JPX 900 Forged and JPX Tour, the 900 Forged consistently gave me too much height. in addition, I really don't see how there is a market for the JPX Tours and the MP-25s because it's a club for the exact same golfer (i.e., single digit handicappers looking for just a bit more forgiveness over a blade).

Ultimately, I went with the Srixon Z 765 (4 to Gap), along with a Callaway Epic Sub Zero, TM M2 3 (High Launch) and 5 Woods, and Vokey Wedges in 56* and 60*.

All of those clubs mentioned are good choices. Good luck and play well with your new sticks.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I recently just went for a full bag fitting with True Spec Golf and was blown away by how good the Srixons were. After taking some baseline numbers with my dated, off-the-shelf Callaway X-22s, we narrowed it down to the: (1) Srixon Z 565 and Z 765, both with the KBS C-Tapers; (2) TM P770 with the Project X LZ 6.0; and (3) Titleist AP2s with KBS C-Taper. In addition to these clubs, I tried the Callaway Apexs and Steelheads, the Mizuno JPX 900 Forged, Ping G400s, and Miura CB1008s.

As much as I wanted to like the Mizuno JPX 900 Forged and JPX Tour, the 900 Forged consistently gave me too much height. in addition, I really don't see how there is a market for the JPX Tours and the MP-25s because it's a club for the exact same golfer (i.e., single digit handicappers looking for just a bit more forgiveness over a blade).

Ultimately, I went with the Srixon Z 765 (4 to Gap), along with a Callaway Epic Sub Zero, TM M2 3 (High Launch) and 5 Woods, and Vokey Wedges in 56* and 60*.

Enjoy the new sticks!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Archived