Our Sponsors

For me if it does not fit my eye then I am not going to be able to putt with it period but that is just me. I will admit I have some quirks. You are like me old school in it is all about the feel.

A close 2nd would have to be how it feels off the face....agree/disagree BIG STU?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | Bettinardi SS38 armlock

A close 2nd would have to be how it feels off the face....agree/disagree BIG STU?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Absolutely that is why I tend to use non insert faces and non milled faced putters. The ball makes a difference to me too. For me the best feeling ball in warm weather is either of the Pro Vs. Now if it is cool weather I like the Srixon Soft Feel or the Cally Supersoft. Those last 2 I love the feel with persimmon because for me it is close to a Balata ball. I own out of all the putters I have only two milled faced putters A TM Rosa Daytona with the AGSI insert and a Yes! Dianna with the c grooved face. My Scotty is a 97 model and does not have a milled face and of course the old Bulls Eye is bare balls period

• Like 2

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

Well I decided to go with the Spider Tour Red and man does it feel good off the face! And I fell in love with the GP Tour SNSR 140cc grip (Even though I'm not big on the neon colors). Playing tomorrow and we will see how she does! Thanks for all the recommendations I played with putters at PGA superstore for like 2 1/2hrs before I decided.

IMG_3560.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

33" Piretti Bosa.... hands down the best putter I've hit. Kicked the SC right out of the bag

• Like 1

Moved from Japan to Hawaii in 2007, Played JDM irons (PRGR ID forged) for many years

Absolutely that is why I tend to use non insert faces and non milled faced putters. The ball makes a difference to me too. For me the best feeling ball in warm weather is either of the Pro Vs. Now if it is cool weather I like the Srixon Soft Feel or the Cally Supersoft. Those last 2 I love the feel with persimmon because for me it is close to a Balata ball. I own out of all the putters I have only two milled faced putters A TM Rosa Daytona with the AGSI insert and a Yes! Dianna with the c grooved face. My Scotty is a 97 model and does not have a milled face and of course the old Bulls Eye is bare balls period

... I wish this were not true, but unfortunately it is spot on. I have tried to play several putters that had a great balance, looked good to my eye and produced an excellent roll. But if they are too hard or overly soft feeling it is easy to lose confidence with them or maybe worse, start thinking about the insert/face feel instead of thinking about the putt. Come up a little short or fly by the hole? Putters fault with that hard face because it just didn't feel right. 

• Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

... I wish this were not true, but unfortunately it is spot on. I have tried to play several putters that had a great balance, looked good to my eye and produced an excellent roll. But if they are too hard or overly soft feeling it is easy to lose confidence with them or maybe worse, start thinking about the insert/face feel instead of thinking about the putt. Come up a little short or fly by the hole? Putters fault with that hard face because it just didn't feel right. 

Well I have said this many times it is when and what equipment was available when one was learning the game. For me it was Balata balls and either a mallet putter , 8802 style blade or a Bulls Eye style blade. I mean there was variations of all of them at the time especially the 8802 style which really was developed from the Macgregor Ironmasters of the 40s and 50s. But basically the 3 basic putter types. Then you got the Ping Anser and you younger guys do not laugh it was "high tech" at the time. My Old Man who was a mallet man said the Anser was the ugliest POS he ever saw and that it would never sell. How wrong he was.

On feel I have been blessed or cursed with an very sensitive feel and it just is not in golf either. I can be driving a vehicle and can tell where on a car a tire is going down some. I can tell the position. On a truck I can tell too especially a tractor but I can say what axle it is usually but not the exact tire because there are 8 back there. I learned a lot in my racing days. I had my basic set up that I knew and had a couple of guys help me over the years including my wife and late son. I would come in after practice and did not know the pressure but would like say put 2 lbs of air in the right rear because it is going through the turns like a bucket of $hit.  I felt what my car was doing through my hands. Another friend of mine who won 4 4 cylinder national races felt the car literally through the seat of his pants. He ran absolutely no padding or cover in his aluminum racing seat. Golf clubs and I have proved this many times I can feel by swinging and hitting 4 or 5 balls if it is slugged in the hosel or tip weighted as they say now. BTW I absolutely can not stand a club that is tip weighted in the shaft. Even though I have a Swing Weight machine I do not SW any of my personal clubs.I can guess pretty close though but I do not care one iota on those things on my stuff. Like I always state I am outside the box always have been

• Like 1

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

Well I decided to go with the Spider Tour Red and man does it feel good off the face! And I fell in love with the GP Tour SNSR 140cc grip (Even though I'm not big on the neon colors). Playing tomorrow and we will see how she does! Thanks for all the recommendations I played with putters at PGA superstore for like 2 1/2hrs before I decided. attachicon.gifIMG_3558.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3559.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3560.JPG

Just curious What length did you end up with?  But I am glad you took the time to find something that feels comfortable for you.

• Like 1

33" Piretti Bosa.... hands down the best putter I've hit. Kicked the SC right out of the bag

Those are nice looking putters. I have never putted with one. I guess the most "extotic" ones I have ever putted with would be Miura since one of my golfing buddies is the local Miura dealer. But I have read a lot of good things about the Piretti putters. In fact I do not recall seeing anything negative about them

Just curious What length did you end up with? But I am glad you took the time to find something that feels comfortable for you.

34in. Tried 34 and 35 and honestly didn't notice much of a difference. Always putted with 34 so just stuck with it!

• Like 2

Well I decided to go with the Spider Tour Red and man does it feel good off the face! And I fell in love with the GP Tour SNSR 140cc grip (Even though I'm not big on the neon colors). Playing tomorrow and we will see how she does! Thanks for all the recommendations I played with putters at PGA superstore for like 2 1/2hrs before I decided. attachicon.gifIMG_3558.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3559.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3560.JPG

Love the SNSR grips

104cc straight for me

IMAG0866-01.jpeg

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Bio Cell+ 10.5

Bio Cell+ 18.5

G10 24

Amp Forged 5-PW

Tour Trusty  50, 54, 58, 62

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 34

Srixon Z-Star

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

Love the SNSR grips

104cc straight for me

attachicon.gifIMAG0866-01.jpeg

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I find the neon on the top of the grip distracting for me. I think it's cause I don't like neons and so I'm just thinking about it to much. Maybe color it in with sharpie?

• Like 1

I find the neon on the top of the grip distracting for me. I think it's cause I don't like neons and so I'm just thinking about it to much. Maybe color it in with sharpie?

Lol, don't think I even notice my grip while putting.

• Like 2

Bio Cell+ 10.5

Bio Cell+ 18.5

G10 24

Amp Forged 5-PW

Srixon Z-Star

• 2 weeks later...

don't get the red day spider. i had one and less then 24hours and only a hour on the practice green. the face started to chip. took it back got store credit and ordered a custom scotty M1. love the scotty so much more softer then the spider is. i'd get fitted honestly. i did and they got my scotty fit perfect for me. i've took 6strokes off my scores now. scotty rolls end over end way better. plus u can get the best headcovers

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpyIMG_0614.JPGIMG_0616.JPGIMG_0420.JPGIMG_0422.JPG

don't get the red day spider. i had one and less then 24hours and only a hour on the practice green. the face started to chip. took it back got store credit and ordered a custom scotty M1. love the scotty so much more softer then the spider is. i'd get fitted honestly. i did and they got my scotty fit perfect for me. i've took 6strokes off my scores now. scotty rolls end over end way better. plus u can get the best headcovers

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpyattachicon.gifIMG_0614.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0616.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0420.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0422.JPG

That's weird I've been using mine for about a month now and the face still looks new. Still undecided whether or not I like it better than my Scotty though

Bio Cell+ 10.5

Bio Cell+ 18.5

G10 24

Amp Forged 5-PW

Srixon Z-Star

What is your budget?

How about going for a fitting, finding out what your stroke is like and getting a recommendation of what to buy?

My last two putters have cost $50 and 0 (I was a MGS tester) - that EVNRoll retails for around $350. Both fit me perfectly because I got fit and had the $50 one modified. It stayed in the bag for 10 plus years.

Death or physical decline to a point that I quit playing will be the reason for the EVNRoll to come out of my bag. I hope it well outlasts the Voodoo Daddy. :)

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Have tried the TM Spider. I found it to be to light for me. I like a heavier feel to my putters. My two favorites right now; Evnroll 7 and a Cleveland Cero. Both produce a great roll, are easy to line up and aim, excellent distance control.