TESTERS WANTED! ×

Not sure which direction to go wth irons

rpete33

Hello,

Been a long time lurker, played golf seriously for 2 years now and basically picked up my entire bag off rack when Nike went out of business. I play Nike pro combos in my irons and love them but the just don't fit right (lie angel and shaft). I am looking to get fit in the fall/winter for some new irons, looking for recommendations. I really am into a forged head and less offset if possible. For two years into the game I think my iron game is pretty good! ( I struggle with my wedges) Let me here what you guys think? I'm looking at the ping i200, mizuno 900 forged, srixon 565/765, and possibly the cobra forged tour, but am open to anything!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

If you like your set now just have them bent to specs. No need to buy brand new stuff.

Take a serious look at the taylor made P790's. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and I love them. Changed from Cally Apex Pros. They have quite a few no charge upgrade shafts as well. You get the blade look with cavity forgiveness. Best of both worlds.

Take a serious look at the taylor made P790's. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and I love them. Changed from Cally Apex Pros. They have quite a few no charge upgrade shafts as well. You get the blade look with cavity forgiveness. Best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy[/quote

I need to see them in person, love what I've seen so far but I'm not a huge fan of tons of offset, hopefully they are thin enough to suit my eye

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy[/quote

I need to see them in person, love what I've seen so far but I'm not a huge fan of tons of offset, hopefully they are thin enough to suit my eye

Not much offset and the top line is pretty similar to most players irons. I'd really recommend giving them a serious look. If you're not in love with the whole set I would at least push for bagging the long irons in a mixed set.

Archived