Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The crowds were crazy from 14 through to 18, getting over to 16 and 17 was nearly impossible. We followed Reed and Deleat from 1-14, but the crowds were so massive at that point we stayed at 14 green

I'll be there all week, working as a marshal Thursday and Saturday. I'll be happy as long as Spieth or Bubba doesn't win. Haha   Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Actually,  this PGA will hold more interest to me than it typically does.   There are many interesting entertaining scenarios and aspects.   Will Speith reach the career grand slam?   Has Rory rec

Posted Images

• SPY VIP

After the debacle 13th at The Open that had me switching to the PS4 to gaming one can hope that the PGA is a much better tournament. The Masters was incredible with it's dramatic back 9 and playoff, Koepka coming thru for the first time at the US Open was memorable on so many levels, but the circus at Birkdale tainted this years majors for me...

• Like 1

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

After the debacle 13th at The Open that had me switching to the PS4 to gaming one can hope that the PGA is a much better tournament. The Masters was incredible with it's dramatic back 9 and playoff, Koepka coming thru for the first time at the US Open was memorable on so many levels, but the circus at Birkdale tainted this years majors for me...

And it won't get better with the PGA. No matter how good the golf or competition is, it never feels all the way like a major.

Maybe they should swap out the PGA with The Players on the major circuit. At least it's got a legitimate identity and some seriously exciting finishing holes.

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm pulling for Rickie until he wins one.  I know it's got to be coming soon. That being said, I would also love to see Spieth get the career grand slam.  There's several big names that are playing pretty well right now, so it could definitely be a battle to the end. 

• Like 2

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

I'm pulling for Rickie until he wins one. I know it's got to be coming soon. That being said, I would also love to see Spieth get the career grand slam. There's several big names that are playing pretty well right now, so it could definitely be a battle to the end.

I'm with you. If DJ can't win, I'd like to see Rickie take it.

However, the thing about Rickie is he's so inconsistent that he's only going to win a major if everyone falls back and he just maintains. He'd have to start the final round in spots 5-10, post a good score, and have no one beat it. I'm just not sure he's clutch enough to knock it out and take it home from the lead.

• Like 1

It's difficult to follow up a great round tournament with another great round tournament.  This one's Rickie's.

As I have stated often, I would love to see Rickie get the major monkey off of his back.   But, I am beginning to wonder if he ever will.   In the majors, he seems to find a way to clutch a defeat out of the jaws of victory.   Never the less, I am still hoping.

The golf commentators have noted that no one has achieved the career grand slam by winning the PGA, it has always been winning one of the other majors.  The PGA kept Arnold Palmer and Tom Watson from the career grand slam.  I wonder why, I have no idea. 

• Like 2

Spieth all the way #LordSpiethforever

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester and Proud Owner

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

As I have stated often, I would love to see Rickie get the major monkey off of his back.   But, I am beginning to wonder if he ever will.   In the majors, he seems to find a way to clutch a defeat out of the jaws of victory.   Never the less, I am still hoping.

The golf commentators have noted that no one has achieved the career grand slam by winning the PGA, it has always been winning one of the other majors.  The PGA kept Arnold Palmer and Tom Watson from the career grand slam.  I wonder why, I have no idea. 

My theory on why nobody has completed the grandslam by winning it is, "Its hard to win the career Grand Slam"   

By nature at least over the past 20 years or so, the PGA tends to have some obscure winners..Shaun Micheel, I'm looking at you.  Players that are not very likely to win 3 other majors in their careerss.   yes there have been some really good players to win it,  Rory, Tiger and Phil.   That is 3 of the best players of the last 20 years and only one of them has the career GS, winning one of those other three, let alone all three of them, just doesn't happen very often.

Not sure, I'm making my point very clearly, but I could simplify it by saying it's the "easiest" of the three to win, so everyone generally has it out of the way by the time the career Grand Slam comes into conversation for them. 

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Spieth won't complete the grand slam in a given year, too many courses will require hitting a driver in the fairway.

Probably right!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Spieth won't complete the grand slam in a given year, too many courses will require hitting a driver in the fairway.

Now this we might be in agreement on.  it's why I don't like him at Quail Hollow. 

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I would like to go Rickie but I'm not sure he ever wins a major...as Butch Harmon said "

he needs to decide if he's a professional golfer that wants to win or just earn money. So I'm betting Rory and Spieth are the final pairing on Sunday. And as a Rickie fan, maybe he's around lurking (and the. Shoots 73 on Sunday)

<p>Knoxville, TN 4 Hdcp Ping G30 9deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Nike Vapor rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, 60 TM spider with 1.0 super stroke</p>

My buddies and I always pick three players: who we think will win; our sentimental favorite; and our "dark horse".

I'm picking Rory to win, Kuch is my sentimental favorite, and John Rahm is my "dark horse". I played Quail about six weeks ago and hitting fairways is a must plus the new greens are treacherous. Having said that someone will probably shoot 61.

• Like 2

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

My buddies and I always pick three players: who we think will win; our sentimental favorite; and our "dark horse".

I'm picking Rory to win, Kuch is my sentimental favorite, and John Rahm is my "dark horse". I played Quail about six weeks ago and hitting fairways is a must plus the new greens are treacherous. Having said that someone will probably shoot 61.

So I've gotta ask, what tees did you play and what did you shoot? I'm always curious how average Joes do on major courses.

How can you have Rahm as your dark horse.  Dude has been playing really well this year.  I would think he would be on the favorites to win list of many people.  I think my dark horse would be Adam Hadwin, with Speith the winner and Fowler at my sentimental favorite. 

• Like 1

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

I played at 6100 yards and I shot 87. I actually scored better on the back nine. My front was 45 and 42 on the back.

I doubled 18. My drive was so close to the creek i had to backhand it back into the fairway and then I three putted.

The beer wasn't quite as good after that finish.

• Like 3

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

Wonder how Rory will fare with JP on the bag?

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I'm wondering who will be on the bag for him.

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

His best friend, Harry Diamond.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2